Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
Most coordinators that were previous head
Coaches tend to work out in another coordinstorrole
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wake me up when it has become official Zac Taylor is our new HC.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:30 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Rapoport is also throwing Ben McAdoo's name out.

The OC names are starting to worry me
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:33 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: h1C164FDD]

Fair enough
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:31 PM)Synric Wrote: No college program puts out franchise QBs regularly.

Tell you what, and you're going to laugh, but Rutgers actually puts out some good players in the secondary in the past decade. They have two guys this year (Kiy Hester and Blessaun Austin) who will probably go in the 5th-7th rounds this year. They had injuries this year but were very highly regarded before the season started. The rest of the team was just God awful. 

Duron Harmon
Devin McCourty
Jason McCourty
Logan Ryan
Marcus Cooper
Nate Jones
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:30 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Rapoport is also throwing Ben McAdoo's name out.

.... good lord, why? Why would anyone, ever...???
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 03:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: .... good lord, why? Why would anyone, ever...???

Maybe throwing it out just means throwing it away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Since were going young innovative offense. I say just go with it and try and get press taylor or mike kafka as oc if possible. Dont want Bevell and really dont want Mcadoo.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Choosing between Gary Kubiak and Darrell Bevell is way better than choosing between Hue Jackson and Bill Lazor.

That's like sipping fine wine after funneling some Steel Reserve.

(01-12-2019, 02:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: The OC names are starting to worry me

Not getting the hate for McAdoo and especially not for Bevell. 

In McAdoo's only stint as an OC, his offenses ranked 10th (2014) and 8th (2015). He was so good he was promoted to Head Coach. Sure, he was a pretty bad HC, but we're not hiring him as HC, we're hiring him as an OC (maybe). 

Bevell is a fantastic candidate. He's coached top 10 offenses in Minnesota and Seattle. He scouted and coached up Russell Wilson. Brett Favre gushes over him all the time. 

Both guys are experienced and would be a huge asset for a young HC like Zac Taylor.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Btw, with all these rumors about former Green Bay coaches (Sherman, Bevell, McAdoo) is there any chance we keep Alex Van Pelt?

Idk if we've released him yet.

Also, kinda weird we're hiring a guy from the Rams, but he's looking at all these former Packers guys that worked with his father in-law (Sherman).

Are we trying to mimic the Rams or the 2005 Packers?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:15 PM)jorev5 Wrote: Wasn't Price doing pretty well until he injured his ankle?  When he came back he wasn't the same.

No.  Price had issues with bad snaps, got Bodine'd into Dalton on a bull rush against the Colts that caused a pick, and hurt his ankle in the first quarter of the 2nd game. 

Kid was a rookie, and rookie C's tend to struggle, so I'm not writing him off, but I don't know how anybody can say he was playing well before the injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I expect student-athletes to graduate.  They are students first, athletes second.

Not when they're the best athletes in the country and they're recruited, primarily, to a school to play sports.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:41 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: That wouldn't be surprising if our head coach is Zac Taylor. Who would be the best hire in my opinion.

His wife is Sarah Sherman, daughter of former NFL head coach Mike Sherman.

Mike Sherman and Gary worked together, if I remember correctly, and Gary called Sherman the single greatest offensive lineman coach in NFL history.

Mike Sherman might be brought on as some sort of assistant.

As well as Press Taylor his brother.

Good stuff, didn't know all that.

(01-12-2019, 02:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Who's Gary?

(01-12-2019, 02:13 AM)McC Wrote: You know--Gary from Accounting.  Tall, skinny guy, light brown comb over, gold rimmed glasses. 

Made me lol

(01-12-2019, 04:27 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Talking about Gary Kubiak. Gary Kubiak, Darrell Bevelle and Press Taylor would have to be seen as being possible candidates for a job on the offensive side of the ball.

As well as Mike Sherman as some sort of assistant.

That in all honesty is probably why we requested an interview for Gary Kubiak to be our OC, because of the Sherman connection.

I knew who you meant but that was funny, thanks again for the info.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise.  Yep, I just went there.

We will have to trade up to get him, he won't be there at 11.

I floated the idea in other threads we could get a 1st and 2nd minimum for Dalton, if we did that I would not be opposed t moving up in the draft to grab him and bring in a vet to mentor him year one like Flacco (for a team friendly price) or Bortles.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise. Yep, I just went there.

You might as well. Zac Taylor is a QB coach or something, but is apparently looking for an OC.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You have to compare the talent around those players, their injury status coming in to and during their rookie season to be fair.  That's OK.  With a full offseason and a new OC, I think Price will have a lot of fans after next season.  I can see why everyone expected more for the #20 pick in Rd 1 because a Center isn't sexy like a WR, or QB.  

And where did he rank lower than Bodine?  From my eyes, he wasn't shoved in to Dalton's face like we saw so much from Bodine.  

Why make excuses, here are the facts.....

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/12/6/18127299/bengals-rookie-center-billy-price-given-low-marks-by-pff

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/25/17765756/bengals-ol-billy-price-given-low-marks-by-pro-football-focus

Simply go to Pro Football Focus and check out his stats for the year.  Trey Hopkins played with the same offensive line and put up way better numbers.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I am still holding out hope that Taylor brings his brother (Press Taylor) to the Bengals. I think Monken is still out there too.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, with all these rumors about former Green Bay coaches (Sherman, Bevell, McAdoo) is there any chance we keep Alex Van Pelt?

Idk if we've released him yet.

Also, kinda weird we're hiring a guy from the Rams, but he's looking at all these former Packers guys that worked with his father in-law (Sherman).

Are we trying to mimic the Rams or the 2005 Packers?

We kept Vanpelt, Simmons, and Pollack.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:49 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We kept Vanpelt, Simmons, and Pollack.

Credit when it’s due, those are literally the exact coaches we should be keeping.

I could get used to the team being run like this.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:49 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We kept Vanpelt, Simmons, and Pollack.

I hadn't heard Van Pelt. Is this confirmed? If so, I am very happy with that decision as these 3 are tremendous coaches.
Reply/Quote