Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Mini-camp
Heard on the "Hear that Podcast Growlin" podcast that the Bengals were like most of the league and right around 50% vaccinated when Taylor came up with this "incentive". Now the Bengals are approaching the 85% threshold where it would allow teams to have in-person meetings. Jesse Bates has been very outspoken as to how important he feels that would be for the team.

The last day of the mini-camp is a glorified walk-through (literally, walk) and they always let guys out early to get to their flights. So, exchanging one day of mini-camp for getting close to that 85% (they had someone on-site, which is really smart) could end up giving the Bengals a real advantage over other NFL teams. Plus, they had 100% attendance in voluntary OTAs, and had everyone here in town for three weeks.

Once that was explained to me, I was very pleased with the idea.

Everyone thinking they have so much time to get vaccinated need to consider the schedule of vaccination: Dose 1, followed by 3-4 weeks (depending on the vaccine you get), then dose 2, then 2 weeks until you are considered "vaccinated".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 10:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol he is the moral victory king.

Moral and MORALE are two different things.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Heard on the "Hear that Podcast Growlin" podcast that the Bengals were like most of the league and right around 50% vaccinated when Taylor came up with this "incentive".  Now the Bengals are approaching the 85% threshold where it would allow teams to have in-person meetings.  Jesse Bates has been very outspoken as to how important he feels that would be for the team.  

The last day of the mini-camp is a glorified walk-through (literally, walk) and they always let guys out early to get to their flights.  So, exchanging one day of mini-camp for getting close to that 85% (they had someone on-site, which is really smart) could end up giving the Bengals a real advantage over other NFL teams.  Plus, they had 100% attendance in voluntary OTAs, and had everyone here in town for three weeks.  

Everyone thinking they have so much time to get vaccinated need to consider the schedule of vaccination:  Dose 1, followed by 3-4 weeks (depending on the vaccine you get), then dose 2, then 2 weeks until you are considered "vaccinated".

Yea, that incentive was a really good idea. Getting to have in person meetings throughout the season, which is what the NFLPA agreed if a team had 85% vaccinated players, is HUGE. I can only imagine how hard it is to discuss football over Zoom, which the majority of the NFL will have to for at least the time being. Much more beneficial than 2 days of minicamp, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2021, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Heard on the "Hear that Podcast Growlin" podcast that the Bengals were like most of the league and right around 50% vaccinated when Taylor came up with this "incentive".  Now the Bengals are approaching the 85% threshold where it would allow teams to have in-person meetings.  Jesse Bates has been very outspoken as to how important he feels that would be for the team.  

The last day of the mini-camp is a glorified walk-through (literally, walk) and they always let guys out early to get to their flights.  So, exchanging one day of mini-camp for getting close to that 85% (they had someone on-site, which is really smart) could end up giving the Bengals a real advantage over other NFL teams.  Plus, they had 100% attendance in voluntary OTAs, and had everyone here in town for three weeks.  

Everyone thinking they have so much time to get vaccinated need to consider the schedule of vaccination:  Dose 1, followed by 3-4 weeks (depending on the vaccine you get), then dose 2, then 2 weeks until you are considered "vaccinated".

That's some good color to the situation.  Thanks for sharing!  Definitely paints it in a bit of a different light of big picture over an immediate benefit. 
Reply/Quote