Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor invites Chad to practice
I just like the way Zac is hip to stuff like this. It may not seem like much, but it tells me he's more in tune with his young players than an older coach would be. I think you need that in this era, and that's not a knock aimed at Marvin. I think it would be a way to loosen up the troops during the rigors of camp if Chad came in to show some pointers and bring his infectious personality.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Who hates Chad?

Every defensive back who tried to cover him!
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 11:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I just like the way Zac is hip to stuff like this. It may not seem like much, but it tells me he's more in tune with his young players than an older coach would be. I think you need that in this era, and that's not a knock aimed at Marvin. I think it would be a way to loosen up the troops during the rigors of camp if Chad came in to show some pointers and bring his infectious personality.

Agreed, Chad is just one of those guys that makes everybody feel better as soon as he enters a room.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:29 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: You’d think Chad is like Aaron Hernandez when you read some of the comments.

I’m not suggesting Chad is the perfect role model to learn from, but I personally think it’s cool to have a former Bengal, especially of Chad’s caliber, come to practice and for Zac to acknowledge it. How often does that happen? I know Munoz comes by for a couple practices and Willie Anderson helped out a few years ago but outside of that it’s rare.

All of the WRs including Boyd who will be our #1 for some time need all of the advice they can get.

Hell, Stanley Morgan was considered to be one of the best route runners in the draft class. One session with Chad could turn him into a star for all we know (obviously a reach, but you get my point).

Your comment is just disgusting, to suggest that people on this blog have compared Chad to a murderer is appalling.  What I have read is that Chad has been a type of person that you just don;t know what you are going to get,, the great Chad or the bad Chad and with the thought of Taylor trying to put his stamp on this team and change the culture, why risk it with bring in someone that has baggage also.  Is the risk worth the reward is a good question to debate.. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 10:36 AM)McC Wrote: Common sense says that Chad is not gonna come here to cause trouble.  To suggest otherwise is just plain silly.

Common sense and Chad has tended not to go together at times, if you going to discuss his greatness as a WR, you also have to discuss his metoo absurdness and at times offensiveness as a person.  
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 10:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Common sense and Chad has tended not to go together at times, if you going to discuss his greatness as a WR, you also have to discuss his metoo absurdness and at times offensiveness as a person.  

Offensive?  That is pure horseshit.   You could not be more wrong.  Chad is on tv often and is never anything but lighthearted and engaging.  It is truly stupid to think he's gonna come here and act the fool.  People on this board really have some goofy opinions based on absolutely nothing.

Thank you for reinforcing my point about the silly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Chad took a lot of blame for Carson's own mistakes for years because nobody wanted to admit Carson was starting to disappoint. "Those interceptions couldn't possibly have been *Carson's* fault, Chad must've run the wrong route!" Even though that wasn't a problem for years and years before then, but hey, I guess he forgot how to play football or something.

How many quotes are out there from players calling Chad a bad teammate? Because I don't recall ever reading that.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 11:17 AM)McC Wrote: Offensive?  That is pure horseshit.   You could not be more wrong.  Chad is on tv often and is never anything but lighthearted and engaging.  It is truly stupid to think he's gonna come here and act the fool.  People on this board really have some goofy opinions based on absolutely nothing.

Thank you for reinforcing my point about the silly.
I stand by my statement, first he changes his name which to many was insulting, nice role model at the toy store,,and head butts his wife...   As for how he is going to act, that is the problem, we never know how he will act ... that is why I said is the risk worth the reward...

https://oklahoman.com/article/3293854/you-cant-be-serious-chad-um-ocho-cinco

https://www.tmz.com/2013/12/26/chad-johnson-carpe-that-*****-diem-t-shirt-toys-r-us/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/chad-ochocinco-johnson-allegedly-head-butts-wife-arrested/story?id=16989392 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 01:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I stand by my statement, first he changes his name which to many was insulting, nice role model at the toy store,,and head butts his wife...   As for how he is going to act, that is the problem, we never know how he will act ... that is why I said is the risk worth the reward...

https://oklahoman.com/article/3293854/you-cant-be-serious-chad-um-ocho-cinco

https://www.tmz.com/2013/12/26/chad-johnson-carpe-that-*****-diem-t-shirt-toys-r-us/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/chad-ochocinco-johnson-allegedly-head-butts-wife-arrested/story?id=16989392 

Did he do something to you personally?  That's how you're acting.

The fortunate thing is you have no control over this and it will happen and it will be nothing but a positive experience for the team and you'll hide away on the whole thing and never admit how completely wrong you were about it.

To act like he will disrupt the team in any way is just plain stupid.  But there's always gotta be one who takes some weird self righteous stand about some light hearted thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Even with all the trash talking he did when he was playing, his opponents took it good heartedly because they knew that's how it was meant. Chad had some problems, but being offensive wasn't one of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 10:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Even with all the trash talking he did when he was playing, his opponents took it good heartedly because they knew that's how it was meant. Chad had some problems, but being offensive wasn't one of them.

So head butting his wife was not an offensive act? 
Reply/Quote
Still my favorite Bengal of all time! Did he make mistakes in his personal life, well who hasn't? People in the spotlight always get more focus on the bad and not nearly enough on the good,imo. And it was correctly stated no matter who the thread is about, somebody comes along and derails it in the wrong direction. I'd rather focus on the good, and how it could help this young team, because I'm afraid we're gonna need all the help we can get. Welcome Chad Johnson, hopefully the Ocho is gone for good.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 11:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I just like the way Zac is hip to stuff like this. It may not seem like much, but it tells me he's more in tune with his young players than an older coach would be. I think you need that in this era, and that's not a knock aimed at Marvin. I think it would be a way to loosen up the troops during the rigors of camp if Chad came in to show some pointers and bring his infectious personality.

Absolutely...  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So head butting his wife was not an offensive act? 

So a guy does a wrong thing and that's it, he's worthless forever?   You are obviously perfect, having never done a wrong thing ever, because if you have ever done anything wrong, with your holier than thou attitude, you would be a giant hypocrite.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Who hates Chad?

Read the rest of the thread.  Whatever

(08-01-2019, 01:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lap is a douchebag how he treated Gresham was unprofessional and classless. The fact that the team did nothing to hold him accountable still pisses me off.
Anyways is draft coverage was bad especially when he was talking about the Linebackers what size they should be.

They didn't hold him accountable because they agreed with him. See Marv's comments about Gresh being "a man of many many many moods" and the team in general acted like Gresh was milking the injury. Lap was just echoing team sentiment. He didn't go rogue.

(08-01-2019, 03:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bring in Munoz, like Crocker, would be a good influence.  Chad is a distraction.

(08-01-2019, 07:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I just don’t get inviting drama into your house, especially before that house is even established.

Yall are acting like Chad is going to parachute in and start wrestling alligators. Get a grip. He's already been in camps a few times and never "caused a distraction". This is nonsense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

It could also be a way to promote team pride and history. McVay seemed big on that in St Louis LA. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Read the rest of the thread.  Whatever

They didn't hold him accountable because they agreed with him. See Marv's comments about Gresh being "a man of many many many moods" and the team in general acted like Gresh was milking the injury. Lap was just echoing team sentiment. He didn't go rogue.

Yall are acting like Chad is going to parachute in and start wrestling alligators. Get a grip. He's already been in camps a few times and never "caused a distraction". This is nonsense.

Is there another fan base that is as polarized by their past greats as we are? Chad, Corey, Pickens, Carson... The only guy who seems immune is Munoz.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 05:31 PM)jason Wrote: Is there another fan base that is as polarized by their past greats as we are? Chad, Corey, Pickens, Carson... The only guy who seems immune is Munoz.

And that's only because there's nothing negative to be said about Munoz.  But I'm sure many have looked.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 05:35 PM)McC Wrote: And that's only because there's nothing negative to be said about Munoz.  But I'm sure many have looked.

Like failing to win us a Super Bowl.   Hehe

Ps. I'm not being seriouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus. It's a joke!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 05:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Like failing to win us a Super Bowl.   Hehe

Ps. I'm not being seriouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus. It's a joke!

Loser....

Put this post in the Hall of Fame.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote