Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor invites Chad to practice
(08-04-2019, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So head butting his wife was not an offensive act? 

Did he head butt her, or did they bump heads while arguing. I don't know, because I wasn't there, and I have a feeling you weren't either. Regardless, the point stands.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 05:31 PM)jason Wrote: Is there another fan base that is as polarized by their past greats as we are? Chad, Corey, Pickens, Carson... The only guy who seems immune is Munoz.

It isn't just the Bengals, either. Griffey Jr, Votto, Adam Dunn, Jay Bruce and many Reds were polarizing when they shouldn't have been. 

I think everyone loved Sean Casey and Barry Larkin. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 01:01 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think Chad took a lot of blame for Carson's own mistakes for years because nobody wanted to admit Carson was starting to disappoint. "Those interceptions couldn't possibly have been *Carson's* fault, Chad must've run the wrong route!" Even though that wasn't a problem for years and years before then, but hey, I guess he forgot how to play football or something.

How many quotes are out there from players calling Chad a bad teammate? Because I don't recall ever reading that.

Yeah I remember those comments and "alligator arming" potential catches, along with "TO" not playing with effort.

It couldn't have ever possibly been Carson's accuracy taking a dive from past injuries and sometimes making poor decisions.

It just had to be Ocho and then later TO's fault for everything.

Chad played through injuries and was one tough mofo.

This fanbase got silly about him.  Some still are apparently.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 06:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did he head butt her, or did they bump heads while arguing. I don't know, because I wasn't there, and I have a feeling you weren't either. Regardless, the point stands.

Just wondering when are u going to run out of excuses for him.. wait I figured it out never
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 09:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just wondering when are u going to run out of excuses for him.. wait I figured it out never
You know, it's amazing how often it happens that when someone takes the holier than thou stance, they forget the holiest thing of all, which is forgiveness.

You've been called out for your wonky stance on Chad visiting practice and now you're just digging in your heels to fight.  Sometimes it's best to just quit when you're behind.

It really is comical to think that you would think Chad would do anything stupid at Bengals practice.  Anybody else can see that he has plenty to share with the WR's and the whole team in general.  That guy worked his ass off for this franchise.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 09:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just wondering when are u going to run out of excuses for him.. wait I figured it out never

Actually, if you care to go back through my posts instead of just throwing shade, you'll find I've never been a Chad apologist, did not like his Ocho persona, and cfiticize him plenty. I call them like I see them, and you assertion that he is offensive flies in the face of facts, and just shows your bias against him.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 09:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  I figured it out never

At first I thought you were just failing at grammar.

Then I realized you were actually telling the truth.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 01:01 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think Chad took a lot of blame for Carson's own mistakes for years because nobody wanted to admit Carson was starting to disappoint. "Those interceptions couldn't possibly have been *Carson's* fault, Chad must've run the wrong route!" Even though that wasn't a problem for years and years before then, but hey, I guess he forgot how to play football or something.

Except Palmer went on to have more elite seasons after that while Chad's career went in the toilet.

Chad may not have "forgot to play football" but there was certainly some good reason for his decline.  And Marvin never had to bench Carson for being late to meetings.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 12:46 AM)McC Wrote: You know, it's amazing how often it happens that when someone takes the holier than thou stance, they forget the holiest thing of all, which is forgiveness.

You've been called out for your wonky stance on Chad visiting practice and now you're just digging in your heels to fight.  Sometimes it's best to just quit when you're behind.

It really is comical to think that you would think Chad would do anything stupid at Bengals practice.  Anybody else can see that he has plenty to share with the WR's and the whole team in general.  That guy worked his ass off for this franchise.  

If you hold a petty grudge for 10+ years, you're probably just as bad if not worse than the person you're holding that grudge against.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except Palmer went on to have more elite seasons after that while Chad's career went in the toilet.

Chad may not have "forgot to play football" but there was certainly some good reason for his decline.  And Marvin never had to bench Carson for being late to meetings.

Carson had one elite season after splitting with Chad (2015), one good season (2016), and a whole bunch of mediocrity (2011-2013) and injury shortened seasons (2014, 2017).

I guess we can pretend Carson wasn't a completely mediocre quarterback from 2007 to 2014 if you want, though. It was all Chad's fault!
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 12:51 AM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 85-B03-DD8-4-D3-F-4421-826-D-6-F2911-CF9547.jpg]

Chad is a good guy and was one hell of a Receiver but he might be a bit of a distraction, i don't know.

If Taylor invited him i doubt he will be a problem though.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chad is a good guy and was one hell of a Receiver but he might be a bit of a distraction, i don't know.

If Taylor invited him i doubt he will be a problem though.

we could have him and aj on the field at the same time....
Reply/Quote
I havent read all of this thread, but have checked in from time to time. So, Has Chad been to a practice?

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lap is a douchebag how he treated Gresham was unprofessional and classless. The fact that the team did nothing to hold him accountable still pisses me off.
Anyways is draft coverage was bad especially when he was talking about the Linebackers what size they should be.

Wait, what did he do to Gresham?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 11:58 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Wait, what did he do to Gresham?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/14/7391367/bengals-te-jermaine-gresham-has-on-air-spat-with-dave-lapham

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/15/7393655/audio-and-transcript-of-postgame-spat-between-jermaine-gresham-and

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The thing with Chad and his wife does bother me but it also seems like a one time situation where yeah, I don't have all the details. I hope justice was done and at this point don't feel like he's a monster or anything (I could be wrong).

So yeah bringing him to practice could be fun and up the level of enthusiasm. People talk about how this might improve our WRs but how about our CBs? Practicing covering Chad is gonna put you through your paces. If you get beat, hey he's frickin' Chad Ochocinco. On the other hand, if you lock him down (cuz honestly at this age he probably has lost a step) it is gonna help your confidence a ton.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 01:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/14/7391367/bengals-te-jermaine-gresham-has-on-air-spat-with-dave-lapham

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/15/7393655/audio-and-transcript-of-postgame-spat-between-jermaine-gresham-and

Thanks! Sounds like Lap was totally in the right.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 12:25 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Thanks! Sounds like Lap was totally in the right.

Nope.

Pre-game he bashed Gresham and said he was walking out/letting the team down.

Lap was back tracking and using semantics to do so.

Sorry folks.  Even Shake will chime in here with Marvin's take on Gresham "about his many moods".

That doesn't mean shit.

Chad/Ocho didn't have many moods?

Any other players he coached?

Not buying it one minute.

Gresham played through many injuries and took abuse on routes where he had to almost always catch facing the LOS.

No wonder his back was jacked up.

He seemed fine in warm-ups?  Now ol' Dave is a doctor?  Pffffffft.

What a damn joke.

Check the surgeries JG had to get afterwards.

The end.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I like Lap and hope he continues to be our guy....
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2019, 04:18 PM)BoomerFan Wrote:  

So yeah bringing him to practice could be fun and up the level of enthusiasm. People talk about how this might improve our WRs but how about our CBs? Practicing covering Chad is gonna put you through your paces. If you get beat, hey he's frickin' Chad Ochocinco. On the other hand, if you lock him down (cuz honestly at this age he probably has lost a step) it is gonna help your confidence a ton.

I think it would be a blast to have him come out dressed for one day, running routes opposite AJ Green (who will break his record this year... and yeah, I realize it can't happen now because he's hurt), with Dalton (who will surpass Esiason and Kenny soon) throwing to them. That's the stuff TC highlight reels are made of.  I think it would set a great tone for an afternoon. For that matter, get Anderson and Esiason in and let them throw a few to Boyd and Ross. Mix up the old and new with the Bengal family. What would 30 minutes of pure fun hurt?
Reply/Quote