Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor is the front runner to win coach of the year
Reply/Quote
Good Morning Football just said the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1990. If Taylor wins one there will still be a few on here and twitter and the media who say “ I’m still reserving judgement on Taylor I need to see him beat the 1966 Green Bay Packers”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'd say he's got a good shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/coach-of-the-year-odds

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Good Morning Football just said the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1990. If Taylor wins one there will still be a few on here and twitter and the media who say “ I’m still reserving judgement on Taylor I need to see him beat the 1966 Green Bay Packers”

I'm hyper critical of Taylor.  And he needs to win a playoff game for me to fall in love at this point.  But if he wins a playoff game this year, build him a statue.  Give him a parade.  The man would be a hero. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/coach-of-the-year-odds

PFT has both listed @ +155

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/04/matt-lafleur-zac-taylor-become-co-favorites-for-coach-of-the-year/
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Good Morning Football just said the Bengals have not won a playoff game since 1990. If Taylor wins one there will still be a few on here and twitter and the media who say “ I’m still reserving judgement on Taylor I need to see him beat the 1966 Green Bay Packers”

$10 says Destro will STILL call for Zac's firing if he wins CotY. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 06:40 AM)Trademark Wrote:

I don't personally see how Vrabel or LaFleur are that high.
They didn't exactly turn a bad team to become suddenly good.
I'd have Taylor, Sirianni, Belichick, and even Flores ahead of them.
I might actually have to go with Sirianni, as he's a brand new HC taking over a 4-11-1 team.
Taylor has more wins and also coming from a 4-11-1 team, but he's in his 3rd year with the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:24 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm hyper critical of Taylor.  And he needs to win a playoff game for me to fall in love at this point.  But if he wins a playoff game this year, build him a statue.  Give him a parade.  The man would be a hero. 

Agreed. Maybe 0.01% of all fans/media will still be critical of Zac is he wins a playoff game. Even the most critical people will likely turn around if Zac can do what Marvin couldn't in 16 years.

(01-04-2022, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

Very accurate. Still not sure how I'll process a playoff win after 30 years of fandom without one. I think it's coming though. These guys are confident and aggressive.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati is #1 in points per play. That’s Uber efficiency.

Reply/Quote
Hey even if we lose in opening round at least this team is on equal footing comparing wise to the best Marvin teams because we will at worst have same result.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

OMG this is so me right now. I have to first say, I give Zac, the coaches and the organization all the credit in the world.  Zac should be Coach of the Year and should be for everything this team has enduring the past 2 years leading into 2021.   Now being AFC North Championship Zac Taylor deserves to be Coach of the Year in the NFL.  

In August, I never thought I'd ever type that.  However, I agree with an earlier poster who said when we win a play off game because they're going to win MULTIPLE playoff games over the next 10-15 year time frame, Zac Taylor will have a statue built in front of legendary Paul Brown Stadium. 
Reply/Quote
Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Making a case for why Bengals' coach Zac Taylor should win NFL's Coach of the Year award

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/01/04/why-bengals-coach-zac-taylor-should-win-nfls-coach-year-award/9090375002/

Reply/Quote
"We're looking for a young, bright offensive mind," Bengals president Mike Brown said prior to hiring Taylor. "That is where the game is going." Mike Zimmer “Let me say this, too. I didn’t really know much about the coach there. But I have been really impressed with the concepts and things they are doing offensively. The way they are attacking people with the different concepts in the running game and passing game. I got a lot of respect for Zac Taylor and the things he’s doing there. 

Reply/Quote
They are playing to win and not playing to not lose..
culture changing
Id rather them be aggressive as they have been good or bad outcome then what we have been used too in the jungle
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 06:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Maybe 0.01% of all fans/media will still be critical of Zac is he wins a playoff game. Even the most critical people will likely turn around if Zac can do what Marvin couldn't in 16 years.

Very accurate. Still not sure how I'll process a playoff win after 30 years of fandom without one. I think it's coming though. These guys are confident and aggressive.

It feels different now. I know it’s been said ad nauseam but these kids and this coach don’t seem to fear failure or scarred by ghosts of Bengals past. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:54 PM)wanga Wrote: It feels different now. I know it’s been said ad nauseam but these kids and this coach don’t seem to fear failure or scarred by ghosts of Bengals past. 

It was never that simple when you look back at some of our playoff losses, and never heard players before say they feared failure or scarred, I remember 2006 was very confident going into playoffs, the 2015 was absolutely on a roll and confident until Dalton went down but they still survived to 2-2 but probably felt the idea of hear we go again, I would predict if Burrow ends up out next week, many fans and some players will probably feel the same.  

It was just three weeks ago some questioned if we had the making yet of a playoff team, 2 weeks ago Taylor was criticized for being too conservative with Denver, we were wondering if this team was ready to be a winner etc... we are on a nice run now which builds confidence so lets hope that continues as we get into the playoffs
Reply/Quote
As much as I like ZT (and I said he would be back for year 4 pretty much any result short of a broken locker room) but LeFleur should get it. He’s dealt with a ton of injuries - like his LT - and has become the first coach in history to win 39 games in his first 3 years. I know people claim he has Rodgers and Adams. The previous 4 years, GB was 24-23-1 before MLF If he won one prior to this I would say ZT is it but he hasn’t.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:54 PM)wanga Wrote: It feels different now. I know it’s been said ad nauseam but these kids and this coach don’t seem to fear failure or scarred by ghosts of Bengals past. 

People think we're inconsistent, but really I think that's just a byproduct of their carpe diem attitude.

Marv played it safe. Afraid to lose. This team is going to put it all out there and trust their guys to bring it home. A team like that can get hot and win a championship with the right talent. Which we have.

I believe that type of attitude is infectious. I can see why guys like playing for Zac.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote