Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Zac Taylor is the worst play caller of all time
I recall only one play action pass and it was 15 yards to Tee which may have been our longest
Am I wrong? Why not more play action?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:39 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: This game I paid attention to how many times they ran when Burrow lined up under center. I think only one time in the first half did they pass when he lined up under center. The second half I don’t think they ever passed when he was under center. Unless I missed one. Doesn’t that seem predictable?

To be fair, it looked like Burrow changed the play at the LOS on a lot of those.  You could tell when he tapped his helmet.  Now whether or not he checked from one run to another is a different story. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yikes.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lou has played 2 bad offenses and they drove down for game winning scores. We also generate no pressure.

The defense looks good...because our offense is terrible.

I read Burrow has 1 1st quarter td throw in his career. 1!

The team has been having bad 1st halves for some time now. They seem to do better, offensively and defensively, in the second half. If that is half-time adjustments, why is it that the opposing teams seem to have good 1st half plans and the Bengals, with  a week to prepare, start so slow?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lou has played 2 bad offenses and they drove down for game winning scores. We also generate no pressure.

The defense looks good...because our offense is terrible.

I read Burrow has 1 1st quarter td throw in his career. 1!

If true that’s 100% play calling. Your first 15-20 reps are supposed to be your bread and butter plays.

Reply/Quote
Hmmm so its Zac calling so many empty sets in these moments? I thought those were faves of Burrow.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If true that’s 100% play calling. Your first 15-20 reps are supposed to be your bread and butter plays.

Yes!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:45 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: To be fair, it looked like Burrow changed the play at the LOS on a lot of those.  You could tell when he tapped his helmet.  Now whether or not he checked from one run to another is a different story. 

Good point, either way it seems predictable. Not trying to say that would fix everything, it just seems like a pattern. 
Reply/Quote
I figured everyone would be ecstatic about the offensive play calling. We had Burrow under C a huge chunk of the plays, ran screens, and gave the Cowboys a heavy dose of Joe Mixon...just like most of the folks that complain about play calling every week have been screaming for since last year.
Reply/Quote
Zac needs to already know shifts, plays, protections, snap counts, alerts, check-with-me's, Double X Jet, Ice Cream, 36 Counter, Naked Waggle at 16 9 Tennessee Free. But he doesn't. Or at least it doesn't show.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
If he gives up play calling, and the team improves, does that make him look bad and possibly then expendable?
If he is worried about that, he need not. Mike Brown is paying you, you are coming to work, no matter how bad you are.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:18 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Andy Reid doesn’t really need an Offensive coordinator. Also Lou has been phenomenal, but I doubt we have him for much longer if he keeps it up.

Lou always blows it when it matters most last 2 weeks his great defense lost the game
Reply/Quote
Really vanilla. McCarthy just outcoached him and Moore beat us with a backup.
We lost to Trubisky and Rush. Hard to take much more of Taylor, Pollack and crew.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Old enough to remember Bob Bratkowski.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:44 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I recall only one play action pass and it was 15 yards to Tee which may have been our longest
Am I wrong? Why not more play action?

That is because they are a finesse team right now.  The best fix for the offense's woes would be to do something like in 2009 and have a bruising back like Benson that can hit the hole hard and has breakaway speed.  It's too late for that this year, but it's what needs to happen.

We need to get that rb from Texas, Bijan Robinson.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:17 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: That is because they are a finesse team right now.  The best fix for the offense's woes would be to do something like in 2009 and have a bruising back like Benson that can hit the hole hard and has breakaway speed.  It's too late for that this year, but it's what needs to happen.

Mixon could be that guy.
Reply/Quote