Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor needs to give up play calling
After having some time to think about it, Zac really needs to give up play calling, the play calls in the super bowl and honestly through most of the playoffs have been atrocious, bring in an actual offensive mind to call plays or let Brian call them..
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:11 AM)Trademark Wrote: After having some time to think about it, Zac really needs to give up play calling, the play calls in the super bowl and honestly through most of the playoffs have been atrocious, bring in an actual offensive mind to call plays or let Brian call them..

Zac's been fine. He was handicapped by the OL all year.

Rams were clearly the better team. I've been in pain all night, just as with the other two Super Bowl wins, but I have to acknowledge that I think Zac is the right person to get this team back to the Super Bowl. 

I'm comforted by the words of a Denver fan who came on here last night/early morning and said the first Super Bowl victory will be sweeter after all these losses. I was hoping this one would wipe out the tears of the first two losses. Now it will have to be a future one. 

No sleep, but pain starting to subside. Not a good place to make decisions when depressed. Just 50 years of pain all built up to one two-minute period and same ol' same ol'.
Reply/Quote
What does it matter if the games are pre-determined as you have implied? Apparently, Zac and Joe have no control over the results, right? Maybe a gambling syndicate was calling plays the whole time. That's kinda what I gathered from the few of you who said the games are rigged.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:27 AM)Nepa Wrote: Zac's been fine. He was handicapped by the OL all year.

Rams were clearly the better team. I've been in pain all night, just as with the other two Super Bowl wins, but I have to acknowledge that I think Zac is the right person to get this team back to the Super Bowl. 

I'm comforted by the words of a Denver fan who came on here last night/early morning and said the first Super Bowl victory will be sweeter after all these losses. I was hoping this one would wipe out the tears of the first two losses. Now it will have to be a future one. 

No sleep, but pain starting to subside. Not a good place to make decisions when depressed. Just 50 years of pain all built up to one two-minute period and same ol' same ol'.

Rams were not clearly the better team. Bengals were better, even with the bad line. They just failed to put the Rams away when they had four or five opportunities to do so.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:27 AM)Nepa Wrote: Zac's been fine. He was handicapped by the OL all year.

Zach’s not been fine. Absolutely ***** atrocious playcalling in the playoffs. Burrow and Chase have had to bail him out all season long. He’s also the ******* who ultimately has the final say about who plays and who doesn’t and now our franchise QB is injured yet again. It’s inexcusable when it’s so ***** obvious and Zach does nothing but go with the worst RT RG combo possible. But since this is the Bengals they’ll sit and wait until every good lineman has been signed elsewhere and they get a value reclamation project until the draft where they’ll pick up the 2nd best player at their position who they can turn into a bust.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:13 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Zach’s not been fine. Absolutely ***** atrocious playcalling in the playoffs. Burrow and Chase have had to bail him out all season long. He’s also the ******* who ultimately has the final say about who plays and who doesn’t and now our franchise QB is injured yet again. It’s inexcusable when it’s so ***** obvious and Zach does nothing but go with the worst RT RG combo possible. But since this is the Bengals they’ll sit and wait until every good lineman has been signed elsewhere and they get a value reclamation project until the draft where they’ll pick up the 2nd best player at their position who they can turn into a bust.

The Biggest plays were burrow under center and dropping back so the dl had to respect the run. They used that formation 3 times the whole game. Mixons biggest run was the cutback against The grain. Where were the rest of these. The whole night they ran right into Donald instead of away. Where was the roll out from burrow to buy some time? Where was the screens against a team that has been beaten badly against screens all year?

The complete lack of adjusting to your strengths and opposing team weaknesses is disturbing for a supposed offensive genius coach. He has actually never showed he is an offensive genius or decent play caller. Look at how atrocious Goff was in his Super Bowl and Taylor was his quarterback coach.
Reply/Quote
Zac should’ve called the plays that were touchdowns, not bad plays. Silly him, you’re right. Those pesky plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Oasis5055 Wrote: The Biggest plays were burrow under center and dropping back so the dl had to respect the run. These used that formation 3 times the whole game. Mixing biggest run was the cutback against The grain. Where was the roll out from burrow to buy some time? Where was the screens against a team that has been beaten badly against screens all year?

The complete lack of adjusting to your strengths and opposing team weaknesses is disturbing for a supposed offensive genius coach. He has actually never showed he is an offensive genius or decent play caller. Look at how atrocious Goff was in his Super Bowl and Taylor was his quarterback coach.

This is Mike Brown 101…overcome inept playcalling with just enough talent to win games. Then get outcoached when it really matters because your HC doesn’t know what the **** he’s doing.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:33 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Rams were not clearly the better team. Bengals were better, even with the bad line. They just failed to put the Rams away when they had four or five opportunities to do so.

Well, they were better when they had Odell. When he went down, then the Bengals had more talent and I expected a win at that point. 

But it's hard to call plays when your QB is continuously under duress. 

I'm highly disappointed. Didn't sleep all night and now at work, feeling like a zombie. Have to live with other workers coming in and wanting to talk about the Super Bowl. But Zac has been fine all year working under a major handicap. Record setting number of sacs in both a playoff game and the Super Bowl. Hard to call plays with such a major handicap.

but Zac's Mixon pass was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
He absolutely does.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:42 AM)Nepa Wrote: Well, they were better when they had Odell. When he went down, then the Bengals had more talent and I expected a win at that point. 

But it's hard to call plays when your QB is continuously under duress. 

I'm highly disappointed. Didn't sleep all night and now at work, feeling like a zombie. Have to live with other workers coming in and wanting to talk about the Super Bowl. But Zac has been fine all year working under a major handicap. Record setting number of sacs in both a playoff game and the Super Bowl. Hard to call plays with such a major handicap.

but Zac's Mixon pass was a thing of beauty.

But it’s a handicap that Zach gave himself. He knew Adeniji and Price were garbage yet he left them in. He didn’t gameplan to give them help and he never made any adjustments. Just like last season when they stuck with Jordan who prematurely ended Burrows season.
All of our offensive woes are so glaringly obvious but go ignored. They are self-inflicted and will continue to be until Mike Brown and company quit trying to re-invent the wheel and go with proven methods.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:49 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: But it’s a handicap that Zach gave himself. He knew Adeniji and Price were garbage yet he left them in. He didn’t gameplan to give them help and he never made any adjustments. Just like last season when they stuck with Jordan who prematurely ended Burrows season.
All of our offensive woes are so glaringly obvious but go ignored. They are self-inflicted and will continue to be until Mike Brown and company quit trying to re-invent the wheel and go with proven methods.

Agree if your line sucks this bad wtf is burrow doing in shotgun with no back? How many times did they do this formation? Burrow should have had 2 backs in the backfield the whole night. The bengals offensive formations are just weird for a team with a terrible line and also not conducive for your quarterbacks career lasting more than 3 years. People have no idea how close burrows career came to ending on that twist. It’s by the grace of God it didn’t. Zach’s response “we’ll deal with his knee at a later point.” The guy is fos.
Reply/Quote
Lest we forget no screens against the worst team in the NFL at defending screens.....
Reply/Quote
Man, some of you guys are bitter, we went to the super bowl in a season where we were not even slated to be a.500 team, now ALREADY with pre ranking for next year our odds are 4th best at 12-1 With this group we are perennial contenders, we just need to shore up some positions. Some of you guys are incredibly arrogant. Always that monday morning QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:11 AM)Trademark Wrote: After having some time to think about it, Zac really needs to give up play calling, the play calls in the super bowl and honestly through most of the playoffs have been atrocious, bring in an actual offensive mind to call plays or let Brian call them..

I think his hands were completely tied due to the OL. How can you develop a real plan when Burrow cant even go into a 3 step drop and have defensive lineman waiting for him?

Ridiculous, and in all honesty not surprising with the horses ass off season last year and signing one right tackle and getting Carman who was drafted 2 rounds early...
Reply/Quote
Jesus, this shit already?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:49 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: But it’s a handicap that Zach gave himself.  He knew Adeniji and Price were garbage yet he left them in.  He didn’t gameplan to give them help and he never made any adjustments.  Just like last season when they stuck with Jordan who prematurely ended Burrows season.  
All of our offensive woes are so glaringly obvious but go ignored.  They are self-inflicted and will continue to be until Mike Brown and company quit trying to re-invent the wheel and go with proven methods.

What game were you watching? They used the Center all night long to double Donald. There were chips on Miller. Who were you going to play? Reiff on IR, Carman has been as bad at RG, if not worse. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not saying he was perfect, but not much you can do when your OLine implodes the whole second half.

Maybe there were some things we can second guess, but you can say that for any team on any loss.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if I'd put it all on ZT. SM clearly outcoached him in the second half. Someone said it earlier (and I think I agree) that the Rams slow played their rush into thinking the Bengals could contain it. Then they unleashed hell in the 2nd half. To me that's fantastic coaching and hopefully a lesson learned for ZT.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Man how good are our guys if they can make the Super Bowl and nearly WIN with terrible o line and terrible play calling?!?!

Zac is not the problem. He’s not the best play caller in the league but he certainly shouldn’t be giving up the duties. He is improving and when our assistant coaches start leaving we will be damn glad our HC is also our offensive system and play caller. No more relying on good OC hires every two years like the playoff run under Marvin.
Reply/Quote