Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor needs to give up play calling
I hate this thread only because it’s unfair to ZT.

That o line is worse than the line Kansas City had last year. You won’t succeed when you have to constantly gameplan around your QB being pressured 40-60% of his snaps. Burrow made them look better than they were all season and he finally couldn’t do it anymore
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:49 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: But it’s a handicap that Zach gave himself.  He knew Adeniji and Price were garbage yet he left them in.  He didn’t gameplan to give them help and he never made any adjustments.  Just like last season when they stuck with Jordan who prematurely ended Burrows season.  
All of our offensive woes are so glaringly obvious but go ignored.  They are self-inflicted and will continue to be until Mike Brown and company quit trying to re-invent the wheel and go with proven methods.

It's more of a handicap Zac inherited.

Reality is, last off season this team was riddled with holes.  There was simply not enough cap room and draft picks to fill them all.  They tried to help the OL with Reiff and Carman but Reiff got hurt and Carman hasn't panned out yet.  We can be mad about it, but the reality is we're nowhere close to the SB without the upgrades on D and Chase.  The way things worked out, the only real complaint I have is the selection of Carman when there were OL available that wound up playing well this year, but hindsight is always 20/20 with draft picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:33 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Rams were not clearly the better team. Bengals were better, even with the bad line. They just failed to put the Rams away when they had four or five opportunities to do so.

LOL. So that makes them better because they "failed" to take advantage of opportunities? You act like the Bengals were going against thin air the Rams had nothing to do with it. Rams dominated this team and grabbed them by the neck the last 25 minutes of the game.

OL was terrible all year and it's beyond belief they made it this far with that OL and the JB sacks.While the difference between these two teams was very very minimal, the better team won last night because they did what they had and needed to do when they needed to. That's a huge part of winning when you can impose your will,physicality and talent on your opponent.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:46 AM)Whatever Wrote: It's more of a handicap Zac inherited.

Reality is, last off season this team was riddled with holes.  There was simply not enough cap room and draft picks to fill them all.  They tried to help the OL with Reiff and Carman but Reiff got hurt and Carman hasn't panned out yet.  We can be mad about it, but the reality is we're nowhere close to the SB without the upgrades on D and Chase.  The way things worked out, the only real complaint I have is the selection of Carman when there were OL available that wound up playing well this year, but hindsight is always 20/20 with draft picks.

I wouldn’t say we are no where close to a SB , being we just came up 3pts short and we were leading with min half left! ??‍♂️
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:38 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Man how good are our guys if they can make the Super Bowl and nearly WIN with terrible o line and terrible play calling?!?!

Zac is not the problem. He’s not the best play caller in the league but he certainly shouldn’t be giving up the duties. He is improving and when our assistant coaches start leaving we will be damn glad our HC is also our offensive system and play caller. No more relying on good OC hires every two years like the playoff run under Marvin.

While ZT is not the issue calling plays overall, he clearly did not have his best night in the 2nd half. There were things he needed to do last night that he did not. Run an end-around to soften the middle, a couple quick hitters to WR's and let them become RB's, a couple WR screen plays, roll JB out more on designed plays, how about a couple dig patterns, a couple quick outs.

Scrap the dump off to Mixon as that play hasn't worked all year, mainly because Mixon usually can't shake a defender, but last night the Rams sniffed that play out every time and it maybe netted 1 yard on 3-4 catches. I understand that ZT and his overall play-calling are limited by the weak OL but last night there were a few things that could have been done to soften things up.

I believe the Bengals played the clock as their opponent and not the Rams the last few possessions and I understand that. No way did JB have the time to sit back and throw downfield and ZT certainly did not want an Int. to beat them. And it almost worked had Boyd not dropped that 3rd down pass I believe his momentum gets him the 1st down and they get another fresh set.
Reply/Quote
You mean the same play calling that got the Bengals to the super bowl. He has always played aggressively. That is who Zac Taylor is. The bottom line is Joe Burrow did not play well and his pocket awareness led to at least three of those sacks, maybe four. He is a young hero. This will sting. They will retool the offense line and they're going to be at force for the next 10 years
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote