Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor needs to go
(10-18-2020, 05:27 PM)MickMack Wrote: For those that defend Taylor and continue to make excuses for him, what needs to occur for you to say enough is enough? And what have you seen from him that makes you believe he's the coach to lead the Bengals to Super Bowl titles?

He only needs a tie to tie last years winning percentage and we are only five game in. Dude is killing it. (LOL Added just in case)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would be surprised if MB does anything, but I agree that he isn't the right one. Was not big on him when he came, and thought last year was semi-excusable. Problem is: who wants to come coach for the Bengals? As special as it is to be an NFL head coach, reputations and shots can be ruined if you pick the wrong time/team.
Reply/Quote
Let Simmons take over as interim HC and let Callahan call the plays as the OC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Would be surprised if MB does anything, but I agree that he isn't the right one. Was not big on him when he came, and thought last year was semi-excusable. Problem is: who wants to come coach for the Bengals? As special as it is to be an NFL head coach, reputations and shots can be ruined if you pick the wrong time/team.

They have Joe Burrow.  And even if AJ departs, they still have a dangerous WR room, as well as Joe Mixon. The offensive line could be raised to competent with this draft and/or a few surgical free agent moves.  The defense has largely been serviceable despite a ridiculous number of injuries to key contributors.  This team should be 4-2.  A good coach could see that this team is close.  
Reply/Quote
Zimmer might be available.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zimmer might be available.

He can’t do worse than taylor
Reply/Quote
It's worth noting that right after ATL removes their HC, they get a win the very next game.
Same thing happened with HOU, and they just barely lost to undefeated Titans, taking them to OT. Would have won that game in regulation if the defense was able to prevent that last-second TD to AJ Brown.

Not saying the Bengals will get a win right after making a coaching change, but it couldn't really hurt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:56 PM)MickMack Wrote: They have Joe Burrow.  And even if AJ departs, they still have a dangerous WR room, as well as Joe Mixon. The offensive line could be raised to competent with this draft and/or a few surgical free agent moves.  The defense has largely been serviceable despite a ridiculous number of injuries to key contributors.  This team should be 4-2.  A good coach could see that this team is close.  

Yeah, I was thinking more about the front office/ownership. 

Bill Parcells: ''If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.''
Reply/Quote
I am trying to think of what Zac brings to the table, and the only thing I can think of is his consistent ability to be not Marvin.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
He won't even get a coordinator job if we let him go
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:07 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, I was thinking more about the front office/ownership. 

Bill Parcells: ''If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.''

It's a fair point.  And I'm sure a lot of talented folks would say thanks but no thanks.  Then again there are only so many head coaching gigs and it's hard to see how anyone could be worse than Taylor has been over the last season plus.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I am trying to think of what Zac brings to the table, and the only thing I can think of is his consistent ability to be not Marvin.

LMAO! Anyone can be "not Marvin".

Marvin, even though I do fully believe it was time for him to go, was the person most responsible for the team having a winning record while he was here. No prior coach under Mike Brown was able to do that and, apparently, no one since Marvin can either.

It just show how awful Mike Brown and family are and have been since the great Paul Brown passed away and left his legacy to his family.

Reply/Quote
We need a HC that.has balls. Zak.is such a dress wearer
Reply/Quote
I'll take mine with sugar, no cream Zac. Be careful, it's hot!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Zac continues to say dumb and pointless shit in his conferences. Completely clueless.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So when we score, we got lucky. When they score, we suck. Got it.

WhoDey2 I don't think we were lucky when we were up 21-0. Sweet Lou shit his pants when Rivers punched his defense in the mouth, he had no answer. 

ZT shit his pants when his defense couldn't stop my dead grandmother.

I do agree with the bolded.
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
In defense of Lou D played well enough to win regardless of Zac's decision to kick on both 4th and 1's

;
Reply/Quote
The last time they lost being up 21-0 was Shulas last game....Will they have the balls to pull the plug?
Reply/Quote
In the Marvin era didn't we blow like a 28-7 lead to Rivers ?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:01 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: In the Marvin era didn't we blow like a 28-7 lead to Rivers ?

Yes but I think we had some established success under Marvin by then. They both sting, but at least you knew Marvin could correct the issue. Zac is the worst coach in the league. Maybe 31st besides Gabe. 
Reply/Quote