Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
(10-27-2019, 09:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If a QB cannot finish off drives resulting in TD or at the very least a long drive that ends in a FG which eats up clock,then.yes he can affect a defense 
A QB that countiously goes 3 and out it eventually wears down a defense
By the early stages of the 2nd half the defense is out of gas 
If a QB cannot hit big pass plays downfield then the defense 
Ends up.condensing everything and suffocating the running game 

(10-27-2019, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks that know the game understand this, hell Fred probably understands it. There's a reason the top 10 and 13 of 15 of the highest played players are QBs. Most know they have quite the impact on the team's overall success. 

Fred knows more than both of you because i know our defense sucks from the opening whistle. Getting "worn down" has nothing to do with it.

Some people around here wil say anything to try and blame dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fred knows more than both of you because i know our defense sucks from the opening whistle. Getting "worn down" has nothing to do with it.

I have no doubt you think you know more than a great many folks around here. The problem is sometimes you provide your input and others can see for themselves you may be over-valuing your knowledge a little bit. Here's the reasons I provided to help you out in your confusion:

Quote:We are 31st in time of possession. When your offense cannot hold on to the ball you D is more vulnerable to giving up points/yards. 

Coming into today our QB was 3rd in the league in INTs and 3rd in the league for fumbles by a QB. When your QB continually turns over the ball your D is more vulnerable to giving up points/yards

Coming into today  our QB is averaging 6.7 YPA, when you QB sucks and dinks and dunks the defenses load the box; therefore making it more difficult for your RBs to gain yards.

All the above are specifics and do not take into account the general rule of thumb that when your QB struggles your whole team struggles.

Nowhere did I mention "worn down". Do you care to address the points I made? or should I just assert what "some people' in this forum will do to support the 29th rated passer in the NFL?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fred knows more than both of you because i know our defense sucks from the opening whistle. Getting "worn down" has nothing to do with it.

You have absolutely no clue on what you're talking about. None, whatsoever.

I ignored any ST & Defensive TDs by the other team and just looked at the first 3 quarters of the box scores.

Through 3 quarters the Bengals defense average 17.25 points against.

Points Against Through 3 Quarters

Week 1 = 14
Week 2 = 34
Week 3 = 14
Week 4 = 10
Week 5 = 13
Week 6 = 20
Week 7 = 9
Week 8 = 24

This despite disgusting offensive outings where 
the Bengals not only fail to score, but fail to move the ball, and have 15 turnovers!

The Bengals defense has been keeping these close, for the most part, until into the 3rd quarter. The offense is trash and the other team gets to dictate everything from there.

QB is hot garbage.
Reply/Quote
Yup, Andy Dalton is awful. He needs benched..NOW.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote

I know this for a fact.cause I've personally experienced it
Defenses play better when they know the offense can put up  touch downs.
They play looser....they think less. They can take chances.
And If a offense can produce enough points and the defense is stout all a sudden in the 4th q. It's a 13 or 10 point lead.
Now the offense becomes one dimensional while the defense 
Becomes multi-dimensional as it can send different packages
At the QB.
But if your offense can't sustain drives and it's a constant 
3 and out 3.and out the defense will naturally tense up
And they become mentally defeated then physically defeated 
Then that leads to incorrect fundamentals 
Reply/Quote
If you’re calling for Andy Dalton to be benched that’s fine — but let me paint a scenario you might not like.

Suppose Ryan Finley starts a few games and totally stinks which given his inexperience is the most likely outcome. That will make Mike Brown extend Andy Dalton a few more years faster than he whips out an Arby’s coupon the day before it expires. Be careful what you ask for. If you want Andy gone, let him keep playing the rest of the year.

Let me remind you also that Ryan Finley has never played a single snap against any NFL first team defense. Not a one. Making throws against guys who are just trying for a roster spot will not translate well into making throws against the Patriots or the Steelers. Be careful what you ask for.

I don’t want Andy Dalton extended either and I think he might excel on another team’s roster. If we want that to happen let’s go about it intelligently.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 07:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If you’re calling for Andy Dalton to be benched that’s fine — but let me paint a scenario you might not like.

Suppose Ryan Finley starts a few games and totally stinks which given his inexperience is the most likely outcome.  That will make Mike Brown extend Andy Dalton a few more years faster than he whips out an Arby’s coupon the day before it expires.  Be careful what you ask for.  If you want Andy gone, let him keep playing the rest of the year.  

Let me remind you also that Ryan Finley has never played a single snap against any NFL first team defense.  Not a one.  Making throws against guys who are just trying for a roster spot will not translate well into making throws against the Patriots or the Steelers.  Be careful what you ask for.

I don’t want Andy Dalton extended either and I think he might excel on another team’s roster.  If we want that to happen let’s go about it intelligently.

The "Never played a down against...." argument is tired, old, and completele illogical.

Dalton sucks. If the next guy behind him suck, too... what's the dif? I don't see the line drawn between Finley being (maybe) bad and Dalton getting extended.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 07:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I know this for a fact.cause I've personally experienced it
Defenses play better when they know the offense can put up  touch downs.
They play looser....they think less. They can take chances.
And If a offense can produce enough points and the defense is stout all a sudden in the 4th q. It's a 13 or 10 point lead.
Now the offense becomes one dimensional while the defense 
Becomes multi-dimensional as it can send different packages
At the QB.
But if your offense can't sustain drives and it's a constant 
3 and out 3.and out the defense will naturally tense up
And they become mentally defeated then physically defeated 
Then that leads to incorrect fundamentals 

The same could be said for the offense right? They could play looser if they knew the defense could catch interceptions and get actual stops, instead of giving up a bunch of yards and points.
Reply/Quote