Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
I mean, Dalton is very clearly not our guy. He is the veteran who will "coach up" our rookie next year. That's all.

There's no reason to think Zac feels any differently. Dalton is not the kind of QB a team can reliably win a super bowl with.
Reply/Quote
I'm ready to see a different QB look like shit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I can understand the call for a change but its not like we have a high draft pick sitting back there behind Dalton. Had we drafted a clear heir apparent, Id say give him a shot. But we have a nobody in Finley back there Could be like a driskell 2.0
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I mean, Dalton is very clearly not our guy. He is the veteran who will "coach up" our rookie next year. That's all.

There's no reason to think Zac feels any differently. Dalton is not the kind of QB a team can reliably win a super bowl with.

I don’t want Dalton anywhere near our next QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:32 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Taylor was asked about a QB change and his response was "im not ready to address that, it was a shitty game by Andy, no one wants to hear that after a piss poor performance, we'll go back and review the film"

Well, zac didn't exactly say those words, but pretty much. Wouldn't zac have a quick response of "No, absolutely not Andy is our guy" if he truly believed he was our guy. He sounds like he's questioning it.

He probably has to check with Papa Brown for permission.
Reply/Quote
Andy had 3 INTs in 5 plays. Let that sink in.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the biggest disappointments this year are

1..,terrible play calling
2.. Mixon is horrible running the ball
3.  Boyd sucks catching the ball'
4,  Eiffert not being used

Are you 100% sure you're not missing anything? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Trade Andy Dalton for Eli Manning. Let Andy screw up Daniel Jones and Ryan Finley can learn from one of the best ever — or Eli can start in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
He's not ready to address, but he sure seems ready for A dress..panty hose, bra and a lot of makeup to cover the beard stubble..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:40 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Andy had 3 INTs in 5 plays. Let that sink in.

Dont forget to blame everybody other than the person who touches the ball every snap
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea good old ZT. Doing his best to get me on the 1 and done bandwagon.

I was flabbergasted little chump turd andy remained in the game after that 3rd int.

Started to feel like i was watching American politics.

You wanna bench our best RB?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t want Dalton anywhere near our next QB.

This.

I don’t want our new era groomed by our old one.

BLOW IT THE **** UP!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:49 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This is what I was thinking. I t doesn’t make sense to overload Finley with pressure in his first game.

With all due respect, what pressure ?

We're 0-7
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:40 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Andy had 3 INTs in 5 plays. Let that sink in.

Meatloaf says 3 out of 5 ain't bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t want Dalton anywhere near our next QB.

I'm sure he wants no part of it either. He's been playing on a team friendly deal only to watch the team let his o line deteriorate, whiff after whiff in the draft, and replace guys like Marvin Jones and Sanu with Ross, Sample, and UDFAs.

If he has any sense, he'll pull a Carson Palmer. He has nothing to lose. A lot of fans already hate him, and blame everything on him, he's rich, only has one year left, and somebody will need him. He should tell the Bengals to **** off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:06 PM)jason Wrote: I'm sure he wants no part of it either. He's been playing on a team friendly deal only to watch the team let his o line deteriorate, whiff after whiff in the draft, and replace guys like Marvin Jones and Sanu with Ross, Sample, and UDFAs.

If he has any sense, he'll pull a Carson Palmer. He has nothing to lose. A lot of fans already hate him, and blame everything on him, he's rich, only has one year left, and somebody will need him. He should tell the Bengals to **** off.

Umm...you conveniently left out Boyd. You know, one of the best #2 WR in the league.

But by all means keep feeling bad for us wasting Andy Dalton’s HoF talent.

I’ll just keep sitting here thinking the guy should be managing a Dairy Queen in East Texas.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:06 PM)jason Wrote: I'm sure he wants no part of it either. He's been playing on a team friendly deal only to watch the team let his o line deteriorate, whiff after whiff in the draft, and replace guys like Marvin Jones and Sanu with Ross, Sample, and UDFAs.

At this point it makes sense for both sides to part ways (Bengals and Dalton).

That said, Dalton has more reason to say f off than we do to him, for the reasons you mention.

Good luck to the next QB. Maybe he'll be able to do what countless others couldn't.

People respect Palmer a lot more than Dalton, but Palmer is still taking shots at this franchise, 8+ years after he left.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Do you really think anybody, and I mean anybody, on here thinks this is a top shelf team and only Dalton is holding them back ?

It's not about blame !

Dalton just isn't part of the solution.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm ready to see a different QB look like shit.

And I'm ready to see a different QB excel. We're all ready for something. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ok so Dalton is as bad as everyone says he is....

All the more reason to give Marvin props for getting what he got out of him for 8 years.

It wasn't the coaching afterall is the lesson of the post Marvin era. And all the more reason to realize we are in for it for a long time.

0-16 is on it's way and what's worse, they are actually trying. Far worse than the Browns 0-16 when they were in full tank mode and trading players.

Coaches can't sniff a win with players Marvin and co couldn't help themselves but to win 6-8 games with.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote