Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor not ready to address benching Dalton..
(10-20-2019, 09:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok so Dalton is as bad as everyone says he is....

All the more reason to give Marvin props for getting what he got out of him for 8 years.

Marvin is looking better and better in my eyes every week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And I'm ready to see a different QB excel. We're all ready for something. 

You misunderstood me. I genuinely meant I'm ready for a new QB. I'm just also aware that the next QB will likely fail to do what all the others have failed to do under Mike Brown. Weren't you singing this same song about Carson Palmer? How many QB's do you need to see before you realize that this franchise just creates failure? I get that everyone wants the simple answer though. Keeps the false hope going.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You misunderstood me. I genuinely meant I'm ready for a new QB. I'm just also aware that the next QB will likely fail to do what all the others have failed to do under Mike Brown. Weren't you singing this same song about Carson Palmer? How many QB's do you need to see before you realize that this franchise just creates failure? I get that everyone wants the simple answer though. Keeps the false hope going.

I mean, we’ve had 2 starters in the last 15 years (not counting backups like Fitz and McCarron). That’s nowhere near enough for me to declare “no QB could succeed here.”

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, we’ve had 2 starters in the last 15 years (not counting backups like Fitz and McCarron). That’s nowhere near enough for me to declare “no QB could succeed here.”

Lets pretend the 90s didn't happen I guess. This organization is a joke. Not sure why anyone would pretend otherwise.

Palmer was a really good QB and achieved nothing of note in Cincy. He did more in a couple healthy seasons in AZ.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lets pretend the 90s didn't happen I guess. This organization is a joke. Not sure why anyone would pretend otherwise.

Palmer was a really good QB and achieved nothing of note in Cincy. He did more in a couple healthy seasons in AZ.

Who’s pretending they aren’t? We can be a poorly run franchise, and have had mostly mediocre QB play for years. They’re not necessarily mutually exclusive. Other teams might not have quite as depressing a history as us, but we’ve seen elite QBs turn franchises around before. What did the Saints ever accomplish before Brees?

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who’s pretending they aren’t? We can be a poorly run franchise, and have had mostly mediocre QB play for years. They’re not necessarily mutually exclusive. Other teams might not have quite as depressing a history as us, but we’ve seen elite QBs turn franchises around before. What did the Saints ever accomplish before Brees?

I think one thing that stops us is our Management seems to be ok with mediocrity. For all we know, they may run with Dalton next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who’s pretending they aren’t? We can be a poorly run franchise, and have had mostly mediocre QB play for years. They’re not necessarily mutually exclusive. Other teams might not have quite as depressing a history as us, but we’ve seen elite QBs turn franchises around before. What did the Saints ever accomplish before Brees?

Again, look at what Palmer did here vs what he did in AZ. He played much closer to an elite level there and went to an NFC title game...and that's not even a great franchise.

The Saints are a nice example. Probably the only example...but they also found a great HC on top of Brees. How many years will it take Mike Brown to catch that lightning in a bottle (coach and QB)? And would his family be willing to spend money in FA to put talent around such a QB? As much as we can compare histories, the Saints have been good with keeping talent around Brees.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think one thing that stops us is our Management seems to be ok with mediocrity. For all we know, they may run with Dalton next year.

We shouldn't, but this team does a lot of things they shouldn't.
Reply/Quote
I want all of you to understand something: The 2019 Cincinnati Bengals are going 0-16 no matter who the quarterback is. This team is a cluster BLEEP from top to bottom.
Reply/Quote
Taylor has worn out his welcome for me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think one thing that stops us is our Management seems to be ok with mediocrity. For all we know, they may run with Dalton next year.

I'd take perennial 9-7 over this.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:32 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Taylor was asked about a QB change and his response was "im not ready to address that, it was a shitty game by Andy, no one wants to hear that after a piss poor performance, we'll go back and review the film"

Well, zac didn't exactly say those words, but pretty much. Wouldn't zac have a quick response of "No, absolutely not Andy is our guy" if he truly believed he was our guy. He sounds like he's questioning it.

So it sounds like there is a chance he is considering it. Please for the love of god this could be it! No more seeing the grit teeth after a pass is thrown to far on a deep ball like he needs more time to learn on how to throw it. No more seeing Andy stand back there like a statue or look for a place to fall. No more passes that go 10 yards over the receivers head out of bounds. No more eyeing the reciever down to where it gets batted down 15 times a game. No more of him getting away from pressure only to throw it away. Keep your head up everybody. I think something's about ready to happen! I can hear it now.. (ding dong the witch is dead!)

YOU FORGOT NO MORE THROWING INTO THE ARMPITS OF THE DEFENCE LINE MEN

We have to see what Finley is all about so we can decide what we do in the draft. Andy ain't the man, he's not a man in the first place, he's the biggest girl I've ever seen in the pocket. Time to move on. Trade em or do something. Finley moves in the pocket and is CALM!  Let's do this BENCH ANDY'S SORRY ASS
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:32 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Taylor was asked about a QB change and his response was "im not ready to address that, it was a shitty game by Andy, no one wants to hear that after a piss poor performance, we'll go back and review the film"

Well, zac didn't exactly say those words, but pretty much. Wouldn't zac have a quick response of "No, absolutely not Andy is our guy" if he truly believed he was our guy. He sounds like he's questioning it.

So it sounds like there is a chance he is considering it. Please for the love of god this could be it! No more seeing the grit teeth after a pass is thrown to far on a deep ball like he needs more time to learn on how to throw it. No more seeing Andy stand back there like a statue or look for a place to fall. No more passes that go 10 yards over the receivers head out of bounds. No more eyeing the reciever down to where it gets batted down 15 times a game. No more of him getting away from pressure only to throw it away. Keep your head up everybody. I think something's about ready to happen! I can hear it now.. (ding dong the witch is dead!)

We have to see what Finley is all about so we can decide what we do in the draft. Andy ain't the man, he's not a man in the first place, he's the biggest girl I've ever seen in the pocket. Time to move on. Trade em or do something. Finley moves in the pocket and is CALM!  Let's do this BENCH ANDY'S SORRY ASS

He has to get the ok from Daddy. Geez
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin is looking better and better in my eyes every week.

I asked a question early in the season if depending how this year turns out, would it change your opinion of Marvin as a coach. I’ll have to dig that up.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:05 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The coach is probably delaying the change as long as possible because after that doesn’t work then all eyes are on him. He’s in no hurry to be next domino to fall.

Yup! Once he makes that switch, their both as good as gone if it fails...wait this is the Bengals. Nevermind
Reply/Quote
There isnt any pressure on Finley. If they lose it's okay at this point but at least he can try to show his talents.
Reply/Quote
Time for Scorched Earth! Trade AJ, Gino and Start Finley/Dolegala from here on out. 0-16 is gonna happen so let’s make the best of it!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 10:43 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yup! Once he makes that switch, their both as good as gone if it fails...wait this is the Bengals. Nevermind

Empty stands will force some type of reaction. I don’t know if there’s a way of seeing actual attendance but it’s gonna be a banner year for the Bengals in that area too.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 10:54 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: There isnt any pressure on Finley.  If they lose it's okay at this point but at least he can try to show his talents.

Damn straight there isn't any pressure on Finley . . . but there will be almost every drop back he has once he gets on the field.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 10:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I asked a question early in the season if depending how this year turns out, would it change your opinion of Marvin as a coach. I’ll have to dig that up.

I said in the preseason that the Lewis era would look like a golden age in fairly short order.  I didn't think it would be this soon.  

Marvin was done here, but he accomplished things that nobody has since the old man died in 91.  He may be remembered for frustrating the hell out of us in the last few years, but his teams actually gave us hope a few times.  They actually made me as "why not us?" through a couple of seasons.  

The most terrifying moment of the 2019 offseason was when Mike Brown said something to the effect of "we have more involvement than ever in the day to day operation of this team" when referencing the family.   I knew we were in trouble at that point.  Mavin was the regulating presence.  the voice of reason.  A football man among lawyers and money-grubbers.  
Reply/Quote