Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on Offense Performance

Give ZT two more drafts and this will be a scary offense. Give Sweet Lou another backer, Dennard, and maybe another safety/hybrid and the defense will be scary.

Bengals will be SCARY! Freakout
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Give ZT two more drafts and this will be a scary offense.  Give Sweet Lou another backer, Dennard, and maybe another safety/hybrid and the defense will be scary.  

Bengals will be SCARY!   Freakout

Which was my point about free agency. Imagine adding 2-3 upgrades to the roster.

Maybe instead of being excited about a close loss, we win this game?
Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
He had John Ross looking like Brandin Cooks out there, in just his first game as HC. I'd say the future looks like a good one for Coach Taylor.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Give ZT two more drafts and this will be a scary offense.  Give Sweet Lou another backer, Dennard, and maybe another safety/hybrid and the defense will be scary.  

Bengals will be SCARY!   Freakout

Yeah baby, have to give Sweet Lou props too man. Called a great game which honestly was a pleasant surprise to me.

Tem is a much better LB than Haslett and our new DL coach is getting the most out of his guys.

Good things are ahead my friends.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which was my point about free agency. Imagine adding 2-3 upgrades to the roster.

Maybe instead of being excited about a close loss, we win this game?

given its coach T's first season he had to see what he had...  Most teams cant fix everything each offseason... some of that has to happen just by players getting better.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: given its coach T's first season he had to see what he had...  Most teams cant fix everything each offseason... some of that has to happen just by players getting better.

These players sure seem to like to play for Taylor.  The coaching staff is getting the most out of the talent they have in existing personnel.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I was listening to his pc few minutes ago, and sounded like he was using a mic from 50 years ago. Cmon man!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
However, there was a recurring theme in the presser of what amounted to "we've got to do better" He just used the term "we've got things to clean up" instead

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: These players sure seem to like to play for Taylor.  The coaching staff is getting the most out of the talent they have in existing personnel.  

Not at all bringing it back to Marv, but its a testament to him in putting great leaders/cornerstone-types in at the important, team leader positions. (Andy, AJ, Geno, Dunlap, Fejdelem, etc.); with all the crap he brought in, he definitely put the right people in the right place, locker room-wise.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
In another thread I stated Jungle Noise will love him as long as he doesn't call a TO before 2 minutes left in a half. I had no idea he reads the forum. Zac, it was a joke, you can call a TO whenever you think we need one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In another thread I stated Jungle Noise will love him as long as he doesn't call a TO before 2 minutes left in a half. I had no idea he reads the forum. Zac, it was a joke, you can call a TO whenever you think we need one.

lol.  So that is why he did not call a TO and took the penalty.  I blame members on this forum then.... Tongue
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In another thread I stated Jungle Noise will love him as long as he doesn't call a TO before 2 minutes left in a half. I had no idea he reads the forum. Zac, it was a joke, you can call a TO whenever you think we need one.

How many more good games before Ross supplants Price in the sig?

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How many more good games before Ross supplants Price in the sig?

Ross lost his place to Boyd last year, but he may earn his way back on the sig. I'm sure it's a topic of competition inside the Locker Room (sorta like making the cover of Madden), just like the HC taking me seriously about the TOs. Hell I think Hubbard has earned a spot.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ross lost his place to Boyd last year, but he may earn his way back on the sig. I'm sure it's a topic of competition inside the Locker Room (sorta like making the cover of Madden), just like the HC taking me seriously about the TOs. Hell I think Hubbard has earned a spot.

Hubbard has definitely earned a spot....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ross lost his place to Boyd last year, but he may earn his way back on the sig. I'm sure it's a topic of competition inside the Locker Room (sorta like making the cover of Madden), just like the HC taking me seriously about the TOs. Hell I think Hubbard has earned a spot.

The look on Price's face screams, "Why am I here?"

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The look on Price's face screams, "Why am I here?"

If only Lawson had on a helmet it'd be perfect. Price doesn't need his. 

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown hired the right guy in Zac Taylor. Okay, I just complimented Mike Brown and now I need to disinfect my keyboard.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 06:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown hired the right guy in Zac Taylor.  Okay, I just complimented Mike Brown and now I need to disinfect my keyboard.

Yes he did. He did yesterday what I hoped he would. There is zero question in my mind he is the right guy. This has been pretty much the sentiment on the boards today too. A loss never felt so good. LOL 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: given its coach T's first season he had to see what he had...  Most teams cant fix everything each offseason... some of that has to happen just by players getting better.

Very important point.   This was never going to be a one year process.  First, you establish the culture and coach up who you have and then you go about finding the missing pieces.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote