Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on Offense Performance
I say draft another kicker and give him away again!

Is Jim Breech still alive??
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:04 PM)pally Wrote: However, there was a recurring theme in the presser of what amounted to "we've got to do better" He just used the term "we've got things to clean up" instead

But was there giggling?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:26 PM)McC Wrote: Very important point.   This was never going to be a one year process.  First, you establish the culture and coach up who you have and then you go about finding the missing pieces.

Right

It's still way early in the ZT era to say the least. But it sure seems the culture has already changed significantly ! The discipline displayed on the road in a very loud stadium (one hiccup from Kirkpatrick). The players released and benched (Price) and retained. The defense played with fire and aggression and just felt way different than anything we've seen lately.

This just doesn't at all feel like the Bengals of the past. I for sure believe the culture is changing for the better, again it's way early but it sure doesn't seem like this team won't  get way out in the weeds at the first sign of adversity like before.

I'm very anxious for the 49ers game. I truly believe we've just scratched the surface.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: But was there giggling?

Or arrogance
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How many more good games before Ross supplants Price in the sig?

This big time game against the hated niners to me is a must win and until they win I am holding out my judgement on anything.Hands down they should have won against the hawks and to let that one slip away just kills me. So to me,they have to win this coming sunday.And whats up with our team ALWAYS OPENING on the road.You cannot tell me that the nfl just hates us and I so believe that they do not want us to win anything.Being a small market and family owned is not popular with the big bad NFL. And I still say the refs made a horrible call sunday as Dalton did not fumble as his arm with going forward in a pass and he said so at his press meeting. And you could easily see that in the replay.The refs suck.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He had John Ross looking like Brandin Cooks out there, in just his first game as HC.  I'd say the future looks like a good one for Coach Taylor.

Cooks would be an ideal goal for John Ross, as Cooks has put up an average of 1150 yards and 7 TDs each season over the past 4 years.
I think (or hope) Taylor has a vision of Ross and Boyd being treated as 1 and 1A when AJ Green leaves/retires, much like LA views Cooks and Woods.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Cooks would be an ideal goal for John Ross, as Cooks has put up an average of 1150 yards and 7 TDs each season over the past 4 years.
I think (or hope) Taylor has a vision of Ross and Boyd being treated as 1 and 1A when AJ Green leaves/retires, much like LA views Cooks and Woods.

Idk why I thought Cooks was taller than Ross. He’s actually an inch shorter if my quick google search is accurate.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk why I thought Cooks was taller than Ross. He’s actually an inch shorter if my quick google search is accurate.

Correct, Cooks is actually smaller than Ross, both height and weight.
Cooks - 5'10", 183 lbs
Ross - 5'11", 194 lbs
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
After watching Sunday AJ is chomping at the bit to get back out there. He hasn't seen a game like that his entire career here. He's probably thinking to himself so this is what it's like too play for an offensive head coach
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's pretty cool.  I like hearing that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 09:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

It's still way early in the ZT era to say the least. But it sure seems the culture has already changed significantly ! The discipline displayed on the road in a very loud stadium (one hiccup from Kirkpatrick). The players released and benched (Price) and retained. The defense played with fire and aggression and just felt way different than anything we've seen lately.

This just doesn't at all feel like the Bengals of the past. I for sure believe the culture is changing for the better, again it's way early but it sure doesn't seem like this team won't  get way out in the weeds at the first sign of adversity like before.

I'm very anxious for the 49ers game. I truly believe we've just scratched the surface.

I just don't know that we can say that.

We won 34-23 @ Indy who was a playoff team last year in Game 1.

Then game 2, we beat a playoff bound Ravens team 34-23.

We lost a winnable game here 21-20. Really we SHOULD have won. Only scored 3 points in 2nd half. To me, this was the same kind of close loss we saw under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Colts were a worse team early in the season. Marvin always played Ravens well. Joe was awful plus we had the luxury of being home on a short week
Reply/Quote
Listening too Taylors presser. He calls multiple plays and lets Andy pick the one he thinks will work best. That's refreshing we wont be predictable because until the play gets down to 10 seconds or so we dont even know what were going too call. I also get the feeling he expects us to compete for a championship this season. No talk about building for the future
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 03:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Listening too Taylors presser. He calls multiple plays and lets Andy pick the one he thinks will work best. That's refreshing we wont be predictable because until the play gets down to 10 seconds or so we dont even know what were going too call. I also get the feeling he expects us to compete for a championship this season. No talk about building for the future

The team looked organized, ready to play, and played fast.  They made a good Seattle team look bad.  The energy the players showed on both sides of the ball as a "team" was unexpected for me as a fan.  Similar to what they showed the first half of the Ravens game last year but they were able to sustain it for the entire game on both sides of the ball.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Dre explains how new coaching staff has changed things...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
This is a process that may reap early success or failure. Remember last year we only lost one game in the first five with ML. Then the wheels fell off.
Reply/Quote
why I feel its different apart from the obvious. I feel when things start going well we will have more of a go for the throat mentality. instead instead of running and hoping the Lion won't catch us
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which was my point about free agency. Imagine adding 2-3 upgrades to the roster.

Maybe instead of being excited about a close loss, we win this game?

Really, all they needed to turn this L to a W was a good K.
Reply/Quote