Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on Offense Performance
(09-10-2019, 03:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Listening too Taylors presser. He calls multiple plays and lets Andy pick the one he thinks will work best. That's refreshing we wont be predictable because until the play gets down to 10 seconds or so we dont even know what were going too call. I also get the feeling he expects us to compete for a championship this season. No talk about building for the future

I know I will get crap for this but this is very refreshing and what I wanted to hear...

(09-10-2019, 04:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The team looked organized, ready to play, and played fast.  They made a good Seattle team look bad.  The energy the players showed on both sides of the ball as a "team" was unexpected for me as a fan.  Similar to what they showed the first half of the Ravens game last year but they were able to sustain it for the entire game on both sides of the ball.  

Psych, this is what I am talkin' about. ThumbsUp 

(09-10-2019, 04:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: why I feel its different apart from the obvious. I feel when things start going well we will have more of a go for the throat mentality. instead instead of running and hoping the Lion won't catch us

So obvious to us, don't know why it isn't to some. But it wouldn't be fun around here if everyone saw the same thing.

(09-10-2019, 04:51 PM)Whatever Wrote: Really, all they needed to turn this L to a W was a good K.

True.
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 04:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The team looked organized, ready to play, and played fast.  They made a good Seattle team look bad.  The energy the players showed on both sides of the ball as a "team" was unexpected for me as a fan.  Similar to what they showed the first half of the Ravens game last year but they were able to sustain it for the entire game on both sides of the ball.  

Exactly

I've watched a ton of Bengals football as we all have. And not once during this game did I get the feel that they had threw in the towel, looked lost, were unprepared, or just didn't care. As you say both sides of the ball played with a fire lit under them for 4 quarters !

Yes we had a couple bad plays and couldn't close the deal but it wasn't for lack of effort. They played with discipline and pride and by rights probably should have won.

What do you think the chances are we would have had 1 penalty on the 5 Olinemen under the old staff ? 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:23 AM)psychdoctor Wrote:

This is the kind of thinking that impresses me about Zac Taylor--

You just have to make sure you’re being critical of yourself. Not just the players, but yourself and the other coaches and make sure you’re willing to make all the corrections that are necessary.

That is winners' thinking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:51 PM)McC Wrote: This is the kind of thinking that impresses me about Zac Taylor--

You just have to make sure you’re being critical of yourself. Not just the players, but yourself and the other coaches and make sure you’re willing to make all the corrections that are necessary.

Very refreshing.  I like how bold they are and are willing to do whatever is necessary (within limits of an organizational structure) to win.  I expect the game to go well against 49ers if the team keeps playing with same amount of energy and pace.  I trust Taylor; I think players trust Taylor as well.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:51 PM)McC Wrote: This is the kind of thinking that impresses me about Zac Taylor--

Exactly !

ML rarely, RARELY, accepted the blame for a loss. It was always the players have to play better.

I'm not exactly sure how long ago ? Two, three seasons but in a presser after a loss he even went so far as to say "if the players can't do a better job we'll have to get new players". Words to that effect

Or in other words - I'm doing my job

It's very refreshing to be hearing and seeing the culture changing before our eyes.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

I've watched a ton of Bengals football as we all have. And not once during this game did I get the feel that they had threw in the towel, looked lost, were unprepared, or just didn't care. As you say both sides of the ball played with a fire lit under them for 4 quarters !

Yes we had a couple bad plays and couldn't close the deal but it wasn't for lack of effort. They played with discipline and pride and by rights probably should have won.

What do you think the chances are we would have had 1 penalty on the 5 Olinemen under the old staff ? 

They keep playing like this they will be tough for anyone, even the Patriots.

Accountability? Being critical of yourself? Making corrections? 

Adjustments?

I don't know what is going on around here anymore.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 01:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly !

ML rarely, RARELY, accepted the blame for a loss. It was always the players have to play better.

I'm not exactly sure how long ago ? Two, three seasons but in a presser after a loss he even went so far as to say "if the players can't do a better job we'll have to get new players". Words to that effect

Or in other words - I'm doing my job

It's very refreshing to be hearing and seeing the culture changing before our eyes.

That was a major problem with Marv. It was 'this is our system and you will adjust to it'. It's the biggest argument when talking about a myriad of problems with Marv, philosophy, players, preparation, all of it. Someone will come in and try to poo poo it, but it's a fact. You simply don't try to mold players to your philosophy. You mold your philosophy...or better said...adjust your philosophy to the players you have, then you draft/sign players that fit what you want to do. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor's a winner. I like em.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 04:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was a major problem with Marv. It was 'this is our system and you will adjust to it'. It's the biggest argument when talking about a myriad of problems with Marv, philosophy, players, preparation, all of it. Someone will come in and try to poo poo it, but it's a fact. You simply don't try to mold players to your philosophy. You mold your philosophy...or better said...adjust your philosophy to the players you have, then you draft/sign players that fit what you want to do. 

You tailor your offense to the strengths of your talent 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 07:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You tailor your offense to the strengths of your talent 

That's what i said
Don't be hangin' on my junk
If you parrot me again
I'll call you a punk! 

Ninja Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 07:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

When a 9 year star vet says this about his HC, it means something; to the players, coaching staff, and most fans.  It tells me that the organization hired the right guy for the job.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 07:12 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
The smart is what stood out to me too.  And I don't even see him up close.  They had multiple plans ready for whatever Seattle did.    And it showed.  If you really break it down, he wasn't perfect but he coached well enough to win.  The handful of plays that decided the game were not on him.  He said if the wet ball doesn't slip out of AD's hand, they had a screen set up for a possible TD, for example.

AJ's only had one other HC, but how many OC's has he had?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Just in general, I'm so happy Marvin is gone. About 10 years too late. But thankfully, good riddance. And I really like ZT. Seems like a good guy and a smart up and coming coach. Thankfully we didn't hire a bunch of duds like the Niners did with Tomsula and Kelly. Holy shit. Anyway, I love ZT's attitude. Hopefully he's successful and sticks around for a long time. I can see some championships coming our way if he gets a chance to really build out the roster the way he wants.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Give ZT two more drafts and this will be a scary offense.  Give Sweet Lou another backer, Dennard, and maybe another safety/hybrid and the defense will be scary.  

Bengals will be SCARY!   Freakout

I am sure that some of this is trying to sell tickets to the home opener, but I like that ZT puts himself out there like that. 

One thing I wish more of us recognized is that every team in the NFL has "holes" in their roster.  It is what happens when there is a salary cap, and ridiculous contracts in free agency.  This is more in response to subsequent posts talking about the need to get more FAs and how they should have done that this year.  

With Green and Dalton's contracts almost up, you have the two centerpieces on the team getting what are sure to be massive raises.  The Bengals don't want them to go anywhere.  By carrying over some of the cap dollars, they can front-load their deals to minimize the impact down the road.  

This team has a very good roster.  No one wanted to believe that it had to do with Marvin.  We saw a COMPLETELY different looking defense (with a completely different outcome, too) with essentially the same players.  There are a lot of teams that I would not switch rosters with in the league.  

What you said about them being scary is true, but I think they can be scary THIS YEAR as they get more in a groove.  These players hardly played with each other at all in the preseason, as strategy I wholly embrace.  What good is the experience if you lose some of your key players to injury?  They are detail-oriented and they will only get better.  

Would I like to have had another solid LB?  Sure, I would.  Heck, it would have been nice if Malik Jefferson wasn't such a bust.  But I only look at two teams in our conference that I would be very skeptical that the Bengals could beat:  KC and New England.  The Texans looked really good against the Saints, but the Saints defense looked awful and I think Watson will not survive a season of how he played Monday Night.  Their defense is also very suspect.  Only KC and New England right now.  And maybe when Green gets back, this team can score with those teams. 
Reply/Quote