Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on fans: "I know it's easy right now to be negative....
This guy is great comedy. They're 0-11! They've showed very little in the way of improvement. What fanbase would be positive about that?

He's like a combination of a HC and Hobson!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
A man even more delusional than the Brown clan. No wonder Zac “wowed” them in the interviews Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy is great comedy. They're 0-11! They've showed very little in the way of improvement. What fanbase would be positive about that?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"looking forward" "hope" "maybe" "if".

"I'll get you sooner or later! You just watch me!!!"

What a clown. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy is great comedy. They're 0-11! They've showed very little in the way of improvement. What fanbase would be positive about that?

It's really NOT fun to take shots at them while they're down. It's fun to watch competitive football.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah it's loads of fun. I remember when I was a season ticket holder I would pray that they would be horrible so I could have so much fun taking shots at them. This guy is a complete moron.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy is great comedy. They're 0-11! They've showed very little in the way of improvement. What fanbase would be positive about that?

Zac, when might that day be....specifically? July 9th 2021, May 24 2022........ Please let us know. JUST HOW MUCH LOOKING FORWARD DO I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO?
Reply/Quote
Man - its getting really hard to "trust the process" when it comes to this guy. He's coming off like a clown show.

Its not even the stuff he says that really gets me - its mainly on the field Xs and Os. It basically took Tyler Boyd calling out the coaching staff for him to get the ball thrown his way this week. Just not a good look.

I know he doesnt have a ton to work with, but nothing hes doing scheming wise and how he runs the offense makes me have confidence that he's this offensive guru that we were lead to believe he is.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
"But they've got to enjoy it now" "take shots at us when we're down"

Really Zac ? If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. You do realize you're putting together one of the worst seasons in modern NFL history, right ? You think the fans are gonna be all "nice" to you ?
Reply/Quote
Never a good look when the coach starts blaming the fans for how bad a team is. Usually means he's out of ideas and the end is nigh.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "looking forward" "hope" "maybe" "if".

"I'll get you sooner or later! You just watch me!!!"

What a clown. 

I'm sure IF given enough years...he'll eventually have a 9-7 season.

Even IF he coached an elite roster, I just don't see him being the playcaller for an elite team.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:47 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Never a good look when the coach starts blaming the fans for how bad a team is. Usually means he's out of ideas and the end is nigh.

He might mean the national narrative, but honestly I think most media outlets are more like "Bengals stink...next" rather than reveling in their awfulness.  Still, ZT's press conferences just remind me of a 3rd tier high school dude reacting to one of the top-tier girls in his class turning down him asking her to go to the prom with him.

Well....not too surprised.  This stinks....I can see why this happened....but uh....someday I'm going to get it together and.....yeah.....ok.   Maybe next time.  Sigh.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Man - its getting really hard to "trust the process" when it comes to this guy. He's coming off like a clown show.

Its not even the stuff he says that really gets me - its mainly on the field Xs and Os. It basically took Tyler Boyd calling out the coaching staff for him to get the ball thrown his way this week. Just not a good look.

I know he doesnt have a ton to work with, but nothing hes doing scheming wise and how he runs the offense makes me have confidence that he's this offensive guru that we were lead to believe he is.

All good points.

He does have 2 really good pass catching backs that he doesn't use. I believe I read that Mixon didn't have a target against the Steelers.

And Eifert and Uzomah aren't bad TE's. They were rarely targeted.

It's like he locks in on 1 thing like run...and can't use multiple facets of the offense at the same time. It's either throw to the RB's, or the TE's, or the backs.

And honestly...some of his quotes come off in a similar vein to the Troy Blackburn quote this offseason about the fans criticizing the Hart signing. Well Hart has been terrible.
Reply/Quote
I will say too that ZT needs to realize Bengals fans are disappointed because we have been waiting for Ben/Bell/AB to be gone from the Steelers so we could finally have a shot at the division and we just got swept by Rudolph/Duck Dodgers/not even Connor/not even Juju. We are disappointed, yet not too surprised.

Worst Steeler team on the field in 30-50+ years and they swept us. Nice.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: All good points.

He does have 2 really good pass catching backs that he doesn't use. I believe I read that Mixon didn't have a target against the Steelers.

And Eifert and Uzomah aren't bad TE's. They were rarely targeted.

It's like he locks in on 1 thing like run...and can't use multiple facets of the offense at the same time. It's either throw to the RB's, or the TE's, or the backs.

And honestly...some of his quotes come off in a similar vein to the Troy Blackburn quote this offseason about the fans criticizing the Hart signing. Well Hart has been terrible.

I watch other teams around the league, and it just seems like we are light years behind what they are doing offensively. It's been like that for years. 

I see teams using Jet Sweeps, misdirection, using their backs as pass catchers, and getting the ball in their play makers hands and we just don't do anything of that kind of stuff. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:47 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Never a good look when the coach starts blaming the fans for how bad a team is. Usually means he's out of ideas and the end is nigh.

Everyone seems to be out of things to talk about. This team is so bad statistically.

Most of the writers who cover the team have been scouting QB's for the past 2-3 weeks.
Reply/Quote
It makes me laugh that Zac Taylor thinks the fans are enjoying this 0-11 start. It's not enjoyment, it's being so down about the team that the only thing left to do is laugh. The fans have become so drained with frustration.

Believe me, Zac. The fans want the same as you do - a winning season. If your squad had won just a couple games by now, it'd be a different story. The way Zac talks is "one day" things will turn around. Well, when is that day? Is it next year? The year after? Give some better idea.

I might have to adopt the Titans as my second team if this continual dismal effort continues by the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I will say too that ZT needs to realize Bengals fans are disappointed because we have been waiting for Ben/Bell/AB to be gone from the Steelers so we could finally have a shot at the division and we just got swept by Rudolph/Duck Dodgers/not even Connor/not even Juju.  We are disappointed, yet not too surprised.

Worst Steeler team on the field in 30-50+ years and they swept us.  Nice.

Yep

Not sure he totally gets the venom Bengals fans have for Steelers ? Now pour salt on the wound with the "replacements" still beating us !

Put on your big boy pants Zac. 
Reply/Quote
I'll have to listen to the whole thing...are we sure he's going after the fans? Does he really think we're enjoying this? We had 3 losing season with Marvin Lewis at the end of what seemed like the most stale and boring tenure and ZT comes in here when the bar is ultra low and pukes all over his shoes and he think we're enjoying it?

There is some sort of bitter chuckling going on, I guess...we are used to being bad but we were never this hopelessly bad "the season never started" since way before social media existed so this is a bit of a new twist on an old familiar feeling. But yea, it's pretty funny he managed to make things worse following 3 losing seasons in a row watching Marvin Lewis looked dead inside.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I watch other teams around the league, and it just seems like we are light years behind what they are doing offensively. It's been like that for years. 

I see teams using Jet Sweeps, misdirection, using their backs as pass catchers, and getting the ball in their play makers hands and we just don't do anything of that kind of stuff. 

It's like we have a High School Wing T offense with a dozen run plays and 10 pass plays.
Reply/Quote