Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on fans: "I know it's easy right now to be negative....
I had hope, really high hope, after the first game. The team was in it and out played the Seahawks throughout the game. The Bengals should have won that game. They just couldn't. After that game performance I felt this year the Bengals may surprise the media and the rest of the NFL and actually be competitive. They fooled only the fanbase. The rest of the NFL and media saw through that.

I'm sorry but I don't see any positive with the game plan at all from the coaches. I'm not seeing anything positive from QB play of Finley. Not seeing anything positive after the last 10 games this season.

I live in PATS country and I typically support the Bengals. This year I'm all for the PATS to win it all given the Bengals total failures this year. Especially since the PATS have a few former Bengal players on their roster.

Here is to 2020! If the Bengals start off 0-4, it will be time to fire ZT.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's like we have a High School Wing T offense with a dozen run plays and 10 pass plays.

We legit ran it almost every time on 1st down against the Steelers. Didn't throw to TE's or RB's.

And guess what? When we do throw to TE's...we'll do it A LOT and not run it much.

There's no balance. Just like he had Dalton throwing 50+ times early in the year and not running or throwing to TE's. 
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of fans that want the team to tank to get the number one pick. Have you experienced a season so unique as this?

“No. I really haven’t. And, I can’t speak for the fans. I know they’re frustrated. No one is more frustrated than the people who have to deal with it in that locker room. It’s hard because those guys go out there and give it their all. So, we need the support right now. For the fans, it is going to pay off. Those who show up at the stadium, come and cheer for us, they’re going to be the ones that when we’re playing for championships, they can say that they stuck with them through thick and thin. I know it’s easy to be negative right now. It’s a fun thing to do, take shots at us when we’re down. But, they have to enjoy it now, because it’s going to turn and we’re all looking forward to that day. Trust me, I understand the frustration. We have to win games and have a good product on the field. I continue to believe in the guys we’ve got and that we’re going to get things turned around and get things headed in a positive direction.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-and-the-bengals-said-about-the-steelers-after-week-12
Reply/Quote
I watched his post game interview and when I heard him say that I just shook my head. I think most all Bengals fans would prefer to have a positive outlook and fun things to talk about instead, a team they are proud to be fans of. It's just that there is nothing really positive to say about this 0-11 team. It's rather depressing when fans have not much to look forward to aside from a possible number 1 pick in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are a lot of fans that want the team to tank to get the number one pick. Have you experienced a season so unique as this?

“No. I really haven’t. And, I can’t speak for the fans. I know they’re frustrated. No one is more frustrated than the people who have to deal with it in that locker room. It’s hard because those guys go out there and give it their all. So, we need the support right now. For the fans, it is going to pay off. Those who show up at the stadium, come and cheer for us, they’re going to be the ones that when we’re playing for championships, they can say that they stuck with them through thick and thin. I know it’s easy to be negative right now. It’s a fun thing to do, take shots at us when we’re down. But, they have to enjoy it now, because it’s going to turn and we’re all looking forward to that day. Trust me, I understand the frustration. We have to win games and have a good product on the field. I continue to believe in the guys we’ve got and that we’re going to get things turned around and get things headed in a positive direction.”

https://www.bengals.com/news/what-zac-taylor-and-the-bengals-said-about-the-steelers-after-week-12

He believes in the guys he's got?  I hope that's not true.  How about don't say anything instead of ridiculous things?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy is great comedy. They're 0-11! They've showed very little in the way of improvement. What fanbase would be positive about that?

He's like a combination of a HC and Hobson!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The most concerning part s that it sounds a whole lot like something Mike would say / think - criticizing the fans and their displeasure of a lousy product, instead of the ineptness of the organization itself. We've heard this same tune for 3 decades now.

I wish once, just once, one of them would come out and say "Yeah, we stink. That's on us. The fans have every right to be pissed."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most concerning part s that it sounds a whole lot like something Mike would say / think - criticizing the fans and their displeasure of a lousy product, instead of the ineptness of the organization itself. We've heard this same tune for 3 decades now.

I wish once, just once, one of them would come out and say "Yeah, we stink. That's on us. The fans have every right to be pissed."

I would have been okay if he said something like, "It's understandable that our fans are disappointed and critical of this team.  At this point with the team at 0-11 I understand the fans frustrations and as the head coach I've earned that criticism.  We have certainly let our fans down.  It's my job to do better and earn the fans respect again.  We have a lot of work to get there at this point but I believe we can do that.  The players want to do better and as the head coach I owe it to the fans to do better as well. "  Then leave it at that.

IMO,  that would have been better than the , "Just wait and see when we are playing for championships all you negative Bengals fans are going to eat crow," vibe I got from his comments.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most concerning part s that it sounds a whole lot like something Mike would say / think - criticizing the fans and their displeasure of a lousy product, instead of the ineptness of the organization itself. We've heard this same tune for 3 decades now.

I thought the same thing! Kind of like Blackburn on the fans criticizing Bobby Hart!

Like it's really hard to win 1 game out of 11!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I would have been okay if he said something like, "It's understandable that our fans are disappointed and critical of this team.  At this point with the team at 0-11 I understand the fan's frustrations and as the head coach I've earned that criticism.  We have certainly let our fans down.  It's my job to do better and earn the fan's respect again.  We have a lot of work to get there at this point but I believe we can do that.  The players want to do better and as the head coach I owe it to the fans to do better as well. "  Then leave it at that.

IMO,  that would have been better than the , "Just wait and see when we are playing for championships all you negative Bengals fans are going to eat crow," vibe I got from his comments.

Yep. He just doubles down on ridiculous statements.

He could have just avoided criticizing the fans. The question was about the #1 pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy is great comedy. They're 0-11! They've showed very little in the way of improvement. What fanbase would be positive about that?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

yep it will turn right when we hire a Decent HC and staff again.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, did ZT check that quote out with anybody before coming out with it? I get the intention, but the way he's put it is just horribad. Just looks like he's clowning the fans who aren't happy with their team being 0-11. Historical levels of bad and he's defensive about criticism. Unreal
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 03:23 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Honestly, did ZT check that quote out with anybody before coming out with it? I get the intention, but the way he's put it is just horribad. Just looks like he's clowning the fans who aren't happy with their team being 0-11. Historical levels of bad and he's defensive about criticism. Unreal

I feel like ZT and the Bengals Management probably live under the narrative that the injuries to Green, Glenn, Williams, and Boling retiring destroyed their season. Also, they probably feel these are growing pains of changing schemes.

To be growing pains would be 3-8 or so.

0-11 isn't growing pains.
Reply/Quote

The used car salesman is still spewing his sales speech when the customer is ready to storm his office.

Down? The Bengals aren't just down, they're knocked out on the canvas. 3-8 or 4-7 would be down, 0-11 is barely distinguishable from a corpse.

How exactly is all of this fun? The fans are miserable at the nosediving the team has taken.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 04:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The used car salesman is still spewing his sales speech when the customer is ready to storm his office.

Down? The Bengals aren't just down, they're knocked out on the canvas. 3-8 or 4-7 would be down, 0-11 is barely distinguishable from a corpse.

Literally, you could hire a person off the street and they could come in and be 0-11.
Reply/Quote