Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
Period! This man sucks at play calling and I am sick and tired of seeing passes on 3rd and short. I am sick and tired of seeing these 2 or 3 yard short out routes to running backs and wide recrivers that are quickly stopped by fast corners and linebackers. The Bengals still can't run a proper screen play, lord knows why. I am sick and tired of seeing an offense in the shotgun 99% of the time and calling all it's running plays from the stupid shotgun. Pretending to be a read option on every run, and there is no read option, it's just a hand off, from the shotgun. Delayed, slower, more time for the defense to react. They are not tricking anyone.

Justin Tucker spotted us a miracle miss today and we still lose by 3. I am tired of this already this season.

Zac Taylor is a BAD play caller and he needs to step down. NOW
Reply/Quote
I was particularly angry when he called for Joe to throw that INT in the end zone.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac is signed thru 2026. We are talking about the Bengals here.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:48 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: Period!  This man sucks at play calling and I am sick and tired of seeing passes on 3rd and short.  I am sick and tired of seeing these 2 or 3 yard short out routes to running backs and wide recrivers that are quickly stopped by fast corners and linebackers.  The Bengals still can't run a proper screen play, lord knows why.  I am sick and tired of seeing an offense in the shotgun 99% of the time and calling all it's running plays from the stupid shotgun.  Pretesting to be a read option on every run, and there is no read option, it's just a hand off, from the shotgun.  Delayed, slower, more time for the defense to react.  They are not tricking anyone.

Justin Tucker spotted us a miracle miss today and we still lose by 3.  I am tired of this already this season.

Zac Taylor is a BAD play caller and he needs to step down.  NOW

And Burrow throwing is trash too according to your assessment.. late in game he had a wide open Chase and sailed it ou of bounds.. in the end Lamar made crucial plays..Joe did not.
Reply/Quote
Careful. Some people exist only to defend Taylor like they have his face tattooed to their chest.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:53 PM)Destro Wrote: Careful. Some people exist only to defend Taylor like they have his face tattooed to their chest.

As people with Burrow  tatoo
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As people with Burrow  tatoo

That's not even a word.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It’s always been bad. He’s been bailed out by having superior talent, but now his ineptitude supersedes the ability of the players.

He should have given it up 2 years ago. There is no reason to think he’s going to now.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:48 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: Period! This man sucks at play calling and I am sick and tired of seeing passes on 3rd and short. I am sick and tired of seeing these 2 or 3 yard short out routes to running backs and wide recrivers that are quickly stopped by fast corners and linebackers. The Bengals still can't run a proper screen play, lord knows why. I am sick and tired of seeing an offense in the shotgun 99% of the time and calling all it's running plays from the stupid shotgun. Pretending to be a read option on every run, and there is no read option, it's just a hand off, from the shotgun. Delayed, slower, more time for the defense to react. They are not tricking anyone.

Justin Tucker spotted us a miracle miss today and we still lose by 3. I am tired of this already this season.

Zac Taylor is a BAD play caller and he needs to step down. NOW

I posted the same exact thing the night they lost the Super Bowl. My posts are there. If they ran 2 proper screen plays in that game they have a ring. I was patient and believed the others on here saying it was the line. How many million invested in that line now?

The problem is the same it was in the Super Bowl. They essentially run a run and shoot offense that the boy wonder coach put up big numbers with at Nebraska. It works in college and has never worked in the nfl.

Twice in that Super Bowl in the final quarter they went to a power run formation and gashed the rams. They never ran it again. They ran a play action pass first play of the second half scored a touch down and never ran another play action. If something different works wouldn’t it make sense to do it more?

These offensive coaches don’t have a very high iq. That has been exposed. Their in game adjustments are atrocious. Jared Goff is infinitely better now than when Taylor was his qb coach. That tells me everything Now that the defense is struggling and can’t carry the wins they will be exposed.
Reply/Quote
Zac has said in recent past they call plays by committee meaning I think, Callahan sends a couple plays down to Zac from booth and he chooses which play to call based on situation, down, conditions. Then Joe can audible out if he wants on what he sees. But, yea, doesn't appear to be working to well.
Reply/Quote
In a perfect world where I owned the team I would fire Zac Taylor, promote Lou Anarumo to head coach, hire Mike Zimmer to run Lou’s defense, and let Joe Burrow call his own plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:07 PM)Destro Wrote: That's not even a word.

Great rebute.. 
Reply/Quote
Zac has never been a good OC.

We are stuck with him tho. Marvin got 17 years with no playoff victory. Zac’s here for 30 at least.

Only hope is he gives up play calling and we get rid of Callahan amd get a OC in here who can turn this Offense into something.

We are fighting to keep a core together that still, after 4 years hasn’t reached anywhere close to its potential. Something is wrong. Either it’s the QB or the play caller but this offense should be a legit top 3 by now.

I think it’s the play caller. But I’m still sold on Zac as a HC. Even tho I disagree with camp cupcake, I get we play 3 more games on the backend as most. We just need someone who can make this Offense a true threat. It’s too late now for the Tee, Mixon, era. But for the coming youth movement on offense, I hope some changes are made so that the talent isn’t wasted again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:11 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: I posted the same exact thing the night they lost the Super Bowl. My posts are there. If they ran 2 proper screen plays in that game they have a ring. I was patient and believed the others on here saying it was the line. How many million invested in that line now?

The problem is the same it was in the Super Bowl. They essentially run a run and shoot offense that the boy wonder coach put up big numbers with at Nebraska. It works in college and has never worked in the nfl.

Twice in that Super Bowl in the final quarter they went to a power run formation and gashed the rams. They never ran it again. They ran a play action pass first play of the second half scored a touch down and never ran another play action. If something different works wouldn’t it make sense to do it more?

These offensive coaches don’t have a very high iq. That has been exposed. Their in game adjustments are atrocious.  Jared Goff is infinitely better now than when Taylor was his qb coach. That tells me everything Now that the defense is struggling and can’t carry the wins they will be exposed.

They're making up for those screen plays now by running them constantly...
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:07 PM)Destro Wrote: That's not even a word.

(09-17-2023, 07:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Great rebute.. 

Uyuuhhmmm...

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:53 PM)Destro Wrote: Careful. Some people exist only to defend Taylor like they have his face tattooed to their chest.

I don't have Zac's face tattooed on my chest but I did see a HC of whom I was proud of today.

There was a point on the sidelines where he was sitting beside JB on the bench and going through the still shots with him.

It was reported that he could be heard yelling at the team at halftime because of their crappy execution 

He was 100% on challenges 

Reply/Quote
That' another thing. Where is the play action? It doesn't exist! Play action passes have been completely deleted by this non sense of always snapping from the shotgun. Then they cut La'El Collins for Jonah Williams for f*** sake! I know Collins is still hurt but he's better than Williams and about half the price. Would have been some nice depth come playoff time if they get there.

NOPE... can't have that sh*T
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:31 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: That' another thing. Where is the play action? It doesn't exist! Play action passes have been completely deleted by this non sense of always snapping from the shotgun. Then they cut La'El Collins for Jonah Williams for f*** sake! I know Collins is still hurt but he's better than Williams and about half the price. Would have been some nice depth come playoff time if they get there.

They did some play action from the shotgun today.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:31 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: That' another thing.  Where is the play action?  It doesn't exist!   Play action passes have been completely deleted by this non sense of always snapping from the shotgun.  Then they cut La'El Collins for Jonah Williams for f*** sake!  I know Collins is still hurt but he's better than Williams and about half the price.  Would have been some nice depth come playoff time if they get there.  

Joe does not like under center, how many times was he under center at LSU and Rpo does not work well with no QB threat of a run
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They did some play action from the shotgun today.

hard to sell the run from the damn shotgun ffs
Reply/Quote