Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
Zero offensive penalties in SF is amazing.
Reply/Quote
There were a lot of creative sets and playing under center helped as well. Definitely the best called offensive game of the season. Now let’s stay consistent Zac
Reply/Quote
Winning is hard in the NFL period period period. When you are minus OL ( Trent Williams) and other key players (Debo Samuels) it makes the great teams not as great. Patrick Mahomes was sick this week and got dinged today. Joe Burrow was dinged up preseason and the first few games. It factors and some should eat some crow.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:20 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Winning is hard in the NFL period period period. When you are minus OL ( Trent Williams) and other key players (Debo Samuels) it makes the great teams not as great. Patrick Mahomes was sick this week and got dinged today. Joe Burrow was dinged up preseason and the first few games. It factors and some should eat some crow.

I have been very critical of the ZT/BC playcalling this season. I will concede a large chunk of the issue may have been a severely limited playbook due to Burrow's injury. 

Tastes like chicken. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 10:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I have been very critical of the ZT/BC playcalling this season. I will concede a large chunk of the issue may have been a severely limited playbook due to Burrow's injury. 

Tastes like chicken. 

I wasn't mad at the pass to Irv. He doesn't fumble, it is 2nd down. SF had Mixon pretty much stopped had they handed him the ball. 
Reply/Quote
I was a little annoyed that they got away from the under center stuff. It was working so well, and it just vanished. But overall, creative and the guys executed.
Reply/Quote
Win=Great playcalling

Loss=bad playcalling

As fans, we have no objectivity when it comes to these things. Just feels.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 11:02 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Win=Great playcalling

Loss=bad playcalling

Well, not all fans
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Loss=bad playcalling

More or less. For most fans, it will typically go...

Successful play = good play call

Unsuccessful play = bad play call

Fans like the players more than they like the coaches. It isn't Burrow that messed up, it was Zac and Brian etc.

There are a few guys on here who are rational and football smart that can provide more in-depth reasoning behind their playcall criticisms, which is a breath of fresh air. 
Reply/Quote
It was good to see Mixon show up today, he was decisive and playing fast. About as good as I can recall him playing actually and hope that motivated guy shows up week in and week out until the SB is won.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 11:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It was good to see Mixon show up today, he was decisive and playing fast. About as good as I can recall him playing actually and hope that motivated guy shows up week in and week out until the SB is won.

He was on a different level today!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Loss=bad playcalling

What is the objective data you use to determine good vs. bad playcalling?
Reply/Quote
The creative play calling on the first two drives to open the game was very refreshing to watch. As most of us seemed to have noticed, things seemed to slow down when they went back to the rut of shotgun every snap. Glad that they chose to mix things up again in the second half.

One of my favorite plays of the day is where they set up the SF defense by running the jet sweep a few times earlier in the game, and then when they faked it to Chase, the entire middle of the field opened up wide for the run.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 11:11 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: More or less. For most fans, it will typically go...

Successful play = good play call

Unsuccessful play = bad play call

Fans like the players more than they like the coaches. It isn't Burrow that messed up, it was Zac and Brian etc.

There are a few guys on here who are rational and football smart that can provide more in-depth reasoning behind their playcall criticisms, which is a breath of fresh air. 

And vice a versa
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Loss=bad playcalling

I feel like i can be trusted in grading Zac because i hated him for a few years

This was the best game he ever called.

But he also got insane execution in the same game where he was calling his greatest game

Perfect storm. There shouldn’t be any fighting about which one won the game. They both won the game . Usually you get complete games like this against a trash team. To do this VS a great team is just fun
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I hope the offense we saw yesterday persists game after game. It was fun watching the different plays unfold. Keep using Chase to confuse and scare the hell out of defenders!
Reply/Quote
A lot of times we don’t know all the facts. Who busted. Did Zac call a bad play? Did the defense disguise themselves very well. But the focus seems to always be on Zac’s play calling. Shouldn’t it be the results?

Let’s look:
In 2021
12-12-21
They were 7-6 after losing in OT @ SF.
Then went on a 6 game win streak ( 2 victories over KC) lose in SB late to LA.

In 2022 they go on a 10 game win streak lose to KC on a last second FG in AFC Championship

Good grief Taylor is 5-2 in the playoffs in 2 years. How did Cincy do in the playoffs since 1990? They were 1-8. 7 straight first round or wild card losses. Yet complain complain complain

Reply/Quote
YES, the SF game delivered the goods.

Doesn't change the fact that it took them THIS many games with the same personnel they've had the last 3 seasons to figure it out.

Doesn't erase the Seattle game where they could only muster a lone field goal in the nd half.

Look, ZT & this staff are CAPABLE of doing this every week. They just haven't. I will give a lot of this seasons issues up to the QB always being in shotgun and a super predictable, limited offense, but this week shouldn't be a standout by seasons end.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:29 AM)PDub80 Wrote: YES, the SF game delivered the goods.

Doesn't change the fact that it took them THIS many games with the same personnel they've had the last 3 seasons to figure it out.

Doesn't erase the Seattle game where they could only muster a lone field goal in the nd half.

Look, ZT & this staff are CAPABLE of doing this every week. They just haven't. I will give a lot of this seasons issues up to the QB always being in shotgun and a super predictable, limited offense, but this week shouldn't be a standout by seasons end.

1. The personnel has not been the same. The OL has been awful. 26th & 29th in rushing offense the last 2 years and not good in pass pro. Go look at Philly, KC, SF, Buffalo, and their OL rankings. Way better. Riddle me that?
2. The Seattle team in first place in the NFC West that lost to us? LMFAO.
3. Did you know they were protecting Joe from moving around with his calf and couldn’t go under center? Or that Joe doesn’t like going under center anyway? He wants to get a quicker look at surveying the defense.
4. Guess Andy Reid & Patrick Mahomes with zero TD’s yesterday can’t do it every week either.
5. Help us all

Reply/Quote