Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(12-16-2023, 07:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Third and 1 give it to Mixon. Stupid call for me. No bigger fan on here of Zac but that was stupid

Yeah I was wanting the to give it to Mixon. Even if you are gonna get cute do it with something a little more in your wheel house.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Third and 1 give it to Mixon. Stupid call for me. No bigger fan on here of Zac but that was stupid

No, I agree with you, just saying it wouldn't have been stupid if Hudson had seen Jake..
Reply/Quote
It is great that we are winning however it seems like every game we try something incredibly odd on at least 1 3rd and 1 play that does not work.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: No, I agree with you, just saying it wouldn't have been stupid if Hudson had seen Jake..

Risky throwing the ball across the field for a QB much less Tyler Boyd or Tanner Hudson and a huge gamble on only 3rd and 1. That’s just getting to cute. Percentages Zac good grief
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Anyone have rhe numbers for Tanner Hudson attached and in a 2 point stance? Because I've only seen him lined up as an F receiver.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac is the Man. If I could give him 2 pieces of advice:

Let the QBs throw the ball

NEVER screen to JaMar again
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:10 PM)Synric Wrote: I mentioned how the defense was playing Drew Sample as the 3rd down RB in short yardage in discord. I also want to point out the few times they lined the RB up at H-Back as a blocker pre-snap on 2nd down too. I wish they would have taken those opportunities to rush into the blitz on 2nd and medium instead of announcing hey rush my backup QB please pre-snap

Yeah, it's no different than going empty from the way the defense is playing it. If you want to start out at H-Back and do some kind of motion into the backfield, then okay fine. However, absent that or some kind of motion where you can present the threat of a handoff, the defense knows you're lining up to throw it. I would just much rather keep the threat of a run present, regardless of intention. I'm typically not going to be hammering the run button often but Jake was drowning early and Minnesota is one of the most aggressive defenses in the league. I was wanting something to slow them down. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:08 PM)Housh Wrote: Called a great game. Aside from one bad call

I heard Browning yell "kill, kill, kill, kill!" and Sample moved from his side to behind the T. I'm assuming he was correcting the protection, I hope at least. LOL

Anyone else notice that? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: No, I agree with you, just saying it wouldn't have been stupid if Hudson had seen Jake..

.....and Tanner is an ex QB. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, it's no different than going empty from the way the defense is playing it. If you want to start out at H-Back and do some kind of motion into the backfield, then okay fine. However, absent that or some kind of motion where you can present the threat of a handoff, the defense knows you're lining up to throw it. I would just much rather keep the threat of a run present, regardless of intention. I'm typically not going to be hammering the run button often but Jake was drowning early and Minnesota is one of the most aggressive defenses in the league. I was wanting something to slow them down. 

The thing with Sample back there besides his stellar pass pro, is he gives you a nice safety valve too.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Zac is the Man. If I could give him 2 pieces of advice:

Let the QBs throw the ball

NEVER screen to JaMar again

Not a fan of the WR screen either, but loved the fake screen and threw it down the field a couple of weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not a fan of the WR screen either, but loved the fake screen and threw it down the field a couple of weeks ago.

And today
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
He actually is kicking ass
Reply/Quote
The Athletic - Flores’ defense, which had gone nearly a month from Nov. 19 to the beginning of Saturday’s fourth quarter without giving up a touchdown, lost its momentum in the fourth quarter against the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: The thing with Sample back there besides his stellar pass pro, is he gives you a nice safety valve too.

Twice today on 3rd and 2 yards with Drew Sample in the bzckfield as rhe 3rd down RB the entire back 7 DROPPED in coverage because there was zero threat of a handoff or play action. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Twice today on 3rd and 2 yards with Drew Sample in the bzckfield as rhe 3rd down RB the entire back 7 DROPPED in coverage because there was zero threat of a handoff or play action. 

I don't like the predictability either, am I a bad person for wanting them to hand him the ball and watch him bull people? Because I caught myself saying that, lol. I get it, but I like him as a protector and potential delayed screen target. I only saw it once, but I liked having Brown and Mixon on the field at the same time too.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He actually is kicking ass

This little stretch run should put the over the top criticism to bed. It likely won't, because some people can't admit when they're wrong. Every coach/player deserves critique, but some of the shit said about Zac has been absurd. Objective criticism is one thing.... outright hate is baffling to me. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: This little stretch run should put the over the top criticism to bed. It likely won't, because some people can't admit when they're wrong. Every coach/player deserves critique, but some of the shit said about Zac has been absurd. Objective criticism is one thing.... outright hate is baffling to me. 

Back to back AFC Championship games didn't, this damn sure won't
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Back to back AFC Championship games didn't, this damn sure won't

Idk if he makes the playoffs with a backup QB that will really prove a lot.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Back to back AFC Championship games didn't, this damn sure won't

You have a point good sir....but those were lauded as Joe carrying him to success. Now he's 3-1 with Jake Browning. You're right though, this probably won't change a thing. Hell, one poster has already called him "sackless" in another thread after a come from behind win, down 17-3 in the 3rd quarter. 

Reply/Quote