Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(09-24-2023, 04:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seeing the Dolphins dropping 50 on a team with no better OL than us is painful.

Yup.

We play so pedestrian and uninspired.

Bills decimated Washington

Stains looks great against a decent Titans team w a stout D

Chiefs are destroying the Bears

Must be nice to have coaches that know how to properly use the talent they have and to play into their strengths and be a little creative.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 05:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In 2021 and 2022 the Bengals enjoyed success because of a balanced offense. In fact, in the bigger wins Cincinnati ran more than they passed. Now, I understand the 2023 iteration of the Bengals has been playing from behind most of the season thereby necessitating going to the air more.

That’s not how I remember 2021. I remember mostly living off of big plays from Ja’Marr Chase.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 06:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup.

Must be nice to have coaches that know how to properly use the talent they have and to play into their strengths and be a little creative.

Especially doing it when Tua has a calf injury and didn't have a training camp....... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s not how I remember 2021. I remember mostly living off of big plays from Ja’Marr Chase.

Oh yes! Those big scoring plays to Ja’Marr Chase were epic; real highlight reel material. Between those big plays was a lot of running.
Reply/Quote
What, in particular, did folks like about Miami's playcalling today?

Was it innovative palycalling or was it the execution of the plays called?

We should call more of those 63 yard RD runs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Because what coach doesn't want his team to succeed? Every play is to make yards but if it doesn't, it is because of the players. In that case, no coach deserves to get fired. Marvin not at fault, it is the player's underperforming, right? Clap, clap, Let's go. They didn't go. Ninja

I mean, I love me some Joe Burrow but can see he has played poorly these two games, as have many other positions, but I digress. Why is Taylor and the playcalling so above reproach?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:57 PM)Destro Wrote: Because what coach doesn't want his team to succeed? Every play is to make yards but if it doesn't, it is because of the players. In that case, no coach deserves to get fired. Marvin not at fault, it is the player's underperforming, right? Clap, clap, Let's go. They didn't go. Ninja

I mean, I love me some Joe Burrow but can see he has played poorly these two games, as have many other positions, but I digress. Why is Taylor and the playcalling so above reproach?

Because to me it hasn’t been that bad.

Burrow was playing so poorly against Cle nothing can be graded from that game. Same for 1st half of the Ravens team.

You can scheme up a play that’s perfect against the D and if Burrow doesn’t find the correct read who cares? When Burrow is playing well or we get a healthy QB in whose had ample practice time then I’ll grade the playcalling

Only issue i have that’s been an issue both weeks is going away from the run so early
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s not how I remember 2021. I remember mostly living off of big plays from Ja’Marr Chase.

Yep. Our offense was never balanced under Zac.

Generally we started seasons not being able to run the ball...then it improved at some point.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:07 PM)Whacked Wrote: 9-8 at best

Bank on it

Who wants to bet ?

(09-24-2023, 06:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup.

(09-24-2023, 08:01 PM)Housh Wrote: Because to me it hasn’t been that bad.

Burrow was playing so poorly against Cle nothing can be graded from that game. Same for 1st half of the Ravens team.

You can scheme up a play that’s perfect against the D and if Burrow doesn’t find the correct read who cares? When Burrow is playing well or we get a healthy QB in whose had ample practice time then I’ll grade the playcalling

Only issue i have that’s been an issue both weeks is going away from the run so early

Our offensive scheme is less of a scheme and more of a reactionary system; if the defense does this, then do that. McDaniel attacks the offense, the Dolphins have free runners. We are using a limited playbook nowadays because of Joe's calf but we were never an attacking offense unless Chase was being played by a single defender.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What, in particular, did folks like about Miami's playcalling today?

Was it innovative palycalling or was it the execution of the plays called?

We should call more of those 63 yard RD runs.

It can’t be just execution when the route trees are so insanely different. The way McDaniel uses Tyreek is a thing of beauty.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our offensive scheme is less of a scheme and more of a reactionary system; if the defense does this, then do that. McDaniel attacks the offense, the Dolphins have free runners.

Amen and welcome to the negative Nancy side lol Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Bengals playbook is all one on ones and to out talent the opponent.

You see all these other teams and the motion/creativity it's unreal. Now maybe that doesn't win in the playoffs outside of having Mahomes but its such a stark difference from what the Bengals have done the last two weeks.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our offensive scheme is less of a scheme and more of a reactionary system; if the defense does this, then do that. McDaniel attacks the offense, the Dolphins have free runners. We are using a limited playbook nowadays because of Joe's calf but we were never an attacking offense unless Chase was being played by a single defender.

Iv seen this said and don’t really know how we would do that. Dolphins can do that because they got 2 elite burners. Our WRs are great but only Jamarr is a burner. I actually think we kinda already Taylor the scheme to our guys. Higgins Chase and Boyd all have insane hands and feet so it makes sense we work the sidelines so much but i agree, it just seems easy when the Dolphins do it.

Only thing i think we should do way more is bunching those 3 together on the same side of the field. If our 4th WR was a burner we could do this and put WR4 by himself and dare them not to put a safety over top. When we put Tee and Chase on opposite sides of Burrow, the other teams just go 2 high and double overtop. We have to punish that. Theoretically Boyd should benefit over the middle but Iv seen plays where Tee/Chase are both doubled overtop AND Boyd is bracketed on the inside. So i mean what do you do? The only real answer is to run the damn ball to lossen up the pass D and to do play actions. Teams now have even started making sure they cover the checkdown too so it’s like we have to run well to pass
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It can’t be just execution when the route trees are so insanely different. The way McDaniel uses Tyreek is a thing of beauty.

Yeah, I've heard it all before. It's execution. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:53 PM)Housh Wrote: So i mean what do you do? The only real answer is to run the damn ball to lossen up the pass D and to do play actions. Teams now have even started making sure they cover the checkdown too so it’s like we have to run well to pass

Is it not possible for Burrow to go under center? It seems like so many runs start with everyone in the same place. We did a few PA passes that were successful. Even commented on them in the Gameday thread, then *POOF*. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:53 PM)Housh Wrote: Iv seen this said and don’t really know how we would do that. Dolphins can do that because they got 2 elite burners.

If our 4th WR was a burner we could do this and put WR4 by himself and dare them not to put a safety over top.

Waddle didn't play today.

If your offense has the best WR trio in the league and it still needs more WRs to be scary, it's a bad offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Zac was a terrible OC at other stops until he got Burrow and Chase.

Definately better offensive minds in the NFL.

That said, it doesn't matter. He's here as long as he wants to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:53 PM)Housh Wrote: Iv seen this said and don’t really know how we would do that. Dolphins can do that because they got 2 elite burners. Our WRs are great but only Jamarr is a burner. I actually think we kinda already Taylor the scheme to our guys. Higgins Chase and Boyd all have insane hands and feet so it makes sense we work the sidelines so much but i agree, it just seems easy when the Dolphins do it.

Only thing i think we should do way more is bunching those 3 together on the same side of the field. If our 4th WR was a burner we could do this and put WR4 by himself and dare them not to put a safety over top. When we put Tee and Chase on opposite sides of Burrow, the other teams just go 2 high and double overtop. We have to punish that. Theoretically Boyd should benefit over the middle but Iv seen plays where Tee/Chase are both doubled overtop AND Boyd is bracketed on the inside. So i mean what do you do? The only real answer is to run the damn ball to lossen up the pass D and to do play actions. Teams now have even started making sure they cover the checkdown too so it’s like we have to run well to pass

Waddle didnt play today.

When has Davonte Adams had a burner next to his 4.6 speed?

Jefferson had Thielen running a 4.6.

Who was the burner when Kupp won the triple crown?

I cant believe you would suggest we need a burner at WR4 to go along with our trio and Burrow, every fanbase in the league is laughing at us with that suggestion.  Zac's offense is simply not good.  

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I've heard it all before. It's execution. 

The route charts are literally out there for anyone to see. People can judge for themselves.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac was a terrible OC at other stops until he got Burrow and Chase.

Definately better offensive minds in the NFL.

That said, it doesn't matter. He's here as long as he wants to be.

Dan Campbell named him interim OC when he was named interim Dolphins HC. And in a MNF game Jon Gruden raved about his concepts. If the team struggles offensively and we continue to lose …the players will either support or hint at lack thereof. Sean McVay is a pretty good judge of coaches. So I’d have to disagree with you.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote