Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(12-16-2023, 08:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk if he makes the playoffs with a backup QB that will really prove a lot.

I honestly doubt it with some people, bfine is right. It's comical really. I feel like it's already been quite the unexpected success story. I think we can win 2 of the next three. If they finish up 10-7, that's impressive to me. Especially given the problems this team has faced all year, except for a 4-5 game stretch. We've won 3 straight with a guy the Vikings never even elevated from the practice squad.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: I honestly doubt it with some people, bfine is right. It's comical really. I feel like it's already been quite the unexpected success story. I think we can win 2 of the next three. If they finish up 10-7, that's impressive to me. Especially given the problems this team has faced all year, except for a 4-5 game stretch. We've won 3 straight with a guy the Vikings never even elevated from the practice squad.

it's a slick narrative designed to give burrow more credit for winning with a poor franchise like the bengals

when cincy wins, well, it's joe burrow. Thats the perception

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's a slick narrative designed to give burrow more credit for winning with a poor franchise like the bengals

when cincy wins, well, it's joe burrow. Thats the perception

You're not wrong Frank. I know Nico will give me shit, but the resemblance to the way fans treated Dalton is uncanny. Carried to victory, won in spite of. It's the same damn song and dance! 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: You're not wrong Frank. I know Nico will give me shit, but the resemblance to the way fans treated Dalton is uncanny. Carried to victory, won in spite of. It's the same damn song and dance! 

a lot of bengals fans buy the negative media narratives hook line and sinker, unfortunately. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: a lot of bengals fans buy the negative media narratives hook line and sinker, unfortunately. 

Bingo. I caught announcers making several mistakes today....and some people lap up what those people tell them.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: a lot of bengals fans buy the negative media narratives hook line and sinker, unfortunately. 

Don’t know about the media previously but right now and even before this run they were rock solid behind Zac.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t know about the media previously but right now and even before this run they were rock solid behind Zac.

I have even heard Colin Cowherd talk highly of our staff. I honestly think it boils down to the QB. They never liked Andy, so he caught a lot of shit. They love Joe, so if anything goes wrong, it can't be the prodigal son, it's gotta be the coach. Plus, some can't look past that first year. Not only was the roster old and shitty, we had a rookie HC learning on the job. 

This reminds me of my college squad....FSU. Fans wanted Norvell fired year one. I was like...have a little patience, this guy had Memphis balling out, lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t know about the media previously but right now and even before this run they were rock solid behind Zac.

I know pff and other more internet based outlets with some validity were very very anti zac due to his playcalling in 2021. they couldnt understand that they were running it to protect burrow from taking hits

but the hate has definitley piped down. But I can tell you, theyre still very nitpicky and critical of zac.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know pff and other more internet based outlets with some validity were very very anti zac due to his playcalling in 2021. they couldnt understand that they were running it to protect burrow from taking hits

but the hate has definitley piped down. But I can tell you, theyre still very nitpicky and critical of zac.

Ah....I haven't seen any of pff. Most internet types I brush off. They're mainly fans like the rest of us. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but some of those guys look like they've never stepped between the hashes....unless they were holding a tuba.   Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ah....I haven't seen any of pff. Most internet types I brush off. They're mainly fans like the rest of us. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but some of those guys look like they've never stepped between the hashes....unless they were holding a tuba.   Ninja

Some of the best coaches never played at anywhere close to a high level. Kyle Shanahan, Reid, McDaniel, etc.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ah....I haven't seen any of pff. Most internet types I brush off. They're mainly fans like the rest of us. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but some of those guys look like they've never stepped between the hashes....unless they were holding a tuba.   Ninja

yea lol a lot of it was analytics based when I think about it. They were screaming for more passes and less running

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Some of the best coaches never played at anywhere close to a high level. Kyle Shanahan, Reid, McDaniel, etc.

But they played, no? I'm just alluding to guys on the internet that seem to push agendas when they've never played competitive football at any level. I'm also not naive enough to believe that just because someone played, they know everything there is to know about the sport. I just don't understand how we can say someone is an expert and they've never played any sport, let alone this one. Hell, even some published and TV personalities. I give you that SEC nuthugger Paul Finebaum as exhibit A on that one. 

Edit: and some of them haven't been around players, coaches, etc. At any level.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea lol a lot of it was analytics based when I think about it. They were screaming for more passes and less running

Makes sense. In other news, how bout them Colts?!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: But they played, no? I'm just alluding to guys on the internet that seem to push agendas when they've never played competitive football at any level. I'm also not naive enough to believe that just because someone played, they know everything there is to know about the sport. I just don't understand how we can say someone is an expert and they've never played any sport, let alone this one. Hell, even some published and TV personalities. I give you that SEC nuthugger Paul Finebaum as exhibit A on that one. 

Have you seen Mike McDaniel? LOL

I doubt that dude ever played at all. And honestly I don’t really think that matters that much. If you have the brains for it that’s all that matters.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you seen Mike McDaniel? LOL

I doubt that dude ever played at all. And honestly I don’t really think that matters that much. If you have the brains for it that’s all that matters.

Mike Leach and Mike McDaniel are the outliers. McDaniel I’m plenty impressed with he’s not delivered in big games or the post season as of yet.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mike Leach and Mike McDaniel are the outliers. McDaniel I’m plenty impressed with he’s not delivered in big games or the post season as of yet.

Hasn’t had his QB in the playoffs yet. They’re not going to be an easy out if Tua and Tyreek are healthy going into the postseason.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you seen Mike McDaniel? LOL

Well, he WAS a ball boy in Denver when Mike Shanahan was coaching. Have you seen Mike Hilton? It's not out of the realm of possibility that McDaniel played at least through middle school. I honestly don't know, I haven't delved that far into his past. Don't really care either, lol. Look, all I'm saying, there are some real idiots on the internet posing as "experts", and fans often parrot what these fools say as gospel because it suits their own personal narrative. The term echo chamber comes to mind.....

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mike Leach and Mike McDaniel are the outliers. McDaniel I’m plenty impressed with he’s not delivered in big games or the post season as of yet.

Leach played football through high school, and played Rugby all four years at BYU. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Well, he WAS a ball boy in Denver when Mike Shanahan was coaching. Have you seen Mike Hilton? It's not out of the realm of possibility that McDaniel played at least through middle school. I honestly don't know, I haven't delved that far into his past. Don't really care either, lol. Look, all I'm saying, there are some real idiots on the internet posing as "experts", and fans often parrot what these fools say as gospel because it suits their own personal narrative. The term echo chamber comes to mind.....

Plenty of people online that really know their shit too though. I guess that’s my point. I don’t necessarily discount someone like sans for example just because he’s only an “internet expert” or whatever.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plenty of people online that really know their shit too though. I guess that’s my point. I don’t necessarily discount someone like sans for example just because he’s only an “internet expert” or whatever.

Depends on if their take is objective or not. Most of what I've seen is guesswork and some is just plain full of shit. The reason? I've seen internet takes, then seen guys like JT O'Sullivan, Kyle Casket, etc post shit that DIRECTLY goes against what the internet "expert" is seeing. In that case, should I listen to guys that played, or a professional coach, or  what the internet "expert" is seeing? Sorry, I'm going with the players.

Reply/Quote