Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor prediction
(12-05-2019, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor will become one of the winningest Bengals coaches. You heard it here 1st.

This is a great take. 

I guess you forgot about the sack lunches, the hotel mattresses and the grueling charted travel.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:47 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: This is a great take. 

I guess you forgot about the sack lunches, the hotel mattresses and the grueling charted travel.

The book isn't written yet...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy is in a tough spot, but it only took him the bare minimum 11 games to break losing records this organization took decades to establish.

Even for a bengals coach his ability to lose is amazing.  If he leaves here with a record near .500 I'll be stunned but I can't see the future. He's in a deep hole now though.

...and the hole is getting deeper.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taylor will become one of the winningest Bengals coaches. You heard it here 1st.

Between this and your AFC Championship prediction last year, I'm starting to think you might not know what in the hell you're talking about.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Between this and your AFC Championship prediction last year, I'm starting to think you might not know what in the hell you're talking about.

Well, I'll admit the AFC Championship thing was a bit in jest, but I'm optimistic... sue me.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:47 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: This is a great take. 

Coach T - "Guys, what are we doing out there!  Get it together!"

Player A - "Coach, it's those damn sacked lunches.  I can't catch a pass when I had a ham sandwich for dinner last night!"
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Coach T - "Guys, what are we doing out there!  Get it together!"

Player A - "Coach, it's those damn sacked lunches.  I can't catch a pass when I had a ham sandwich for dinner last night!"

Well, do YOU like a ham sammich for dinner?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Coach T - "Guys, what are we doing out there!  Get it together!"

Lol. 

They are getting multiple option, gourmet chef prepared meals, put into to go containers for sanitation, freshly made for every meal.

These 'fans' act like they are getting gas station sandwiches and bugles.   

We have the strangest fans in the world, that is what 30 years of failure will do to you.
Reply/Quote

You may begin your self-exile.  Ninja
Reply/Quote

He will certainly be a Top 10 Bengals HC as soon as he's done here.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hey, when he's gone, if things stay the same, I will admit I was wrong. But like I said, he isn't gone and the book isn't written yet. So I'm still hoping he turns things around, not just so I can say I was right, but because I want the team to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, when he's gone, if things stay the same, I will admit I was wrong. But like I said, he isn't gone and the book isn't written yet. So I'm still hoping he turns things around, not just so I can say I was right, but because I want the team to win.

Taylor has been all talk and hot air with the "changing culture and character players " mantra. 
2 of the most over used cliches when a new hire comes in. 
Meanwhile as Zac's lockeroom has a greater number
Of disgruntled players then he has actual wins..
Young coaches like Kliff Kingsbury are changing culture
By winning not talking about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, when he's gone, if things stay the same, I will admit I was wrong. But like I said, he isn't gone and the book isn't written yet. So I'm still hoping he turns things around, not just so I can say I was right, but because I want the team to win.

Taylor needs to do the following things in order to succeed:
- Get proper OL upgrades in the offseason. No more of this bargain bin shopping with Day 3 draft picks and cheap FAs. As much as I like Hopkins, he's still in bottom half of the league at C. His pass blocking is solid but he's not a good run blocker. Hart is the opposite. The guards are just not where they need to be. XSF might be able to solidify one of those spots once he's back but he needs to come back and show consistently good blocking week after week. At minimum, they need one stud OG.
- Replace Jim Turner. Whatever he's coaching for OL clearly isn't working.
- Give up playcalling to a real OC with proven success.
- Replace Anarumo or bring in someone who better understands how to defend the run and rush the passer. Anarumo is a DBs coach who has no idea about anything other than coverage. The pass coverage has improved though, which is about the only good thing he's done in his tenure.

I realize that's a lot, but it's possible to do all of that in one offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor needs to do the following things in order to succeed:
- Get proper OL upgrades in the offseason. No more of this bargain bin shopping with Day 3 draft picks and cheap FAs. As much as I like Hopkins, he's still in bottom half of the league at C. His pass blocking is solid but he's not a good run blocker. Hart is the opposite. The guards are just not where they need to be. XSF might be able to solidify one of those spots once he's back but he needs to come back and show consistently good blocking week after week. At minimum, they need one stud OG.
- Replace Anarumo or bring in someone who better understands how to defend the run and rush the passer. Anarumo is a DBs coach who has no idea about anything other than coverage. The pass coverage has improved though, which is about the only good thing he's done in his tenure.

And I agree with all of that.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor needs to do the following things in order to succeed:

Nice post, way to be logical and not rub it in on Sled. Was hoping Sled was right and we started winning under Taylor but it just 
hasn't started to happen yet. Hell, stringing 2 wins in a row would be great at this point. Just seems this team finds ways to lose 
under this guy and you are correct there is a lot of things that need to be done to turn this thing around.
Reply/Quote
UP FRONT DISCLAIMER:  I want Sled21 to be right and for me to be wrong.

+++

With that said, here goes:

Zac Taylor has great interviewing skills; I know that because he handles press conferences very well because he has an intelligent, cogent answer for every question.  He's upbeat and optimistic.  Zac Taylor is hard not to like and the players seem to have good things to say about him.  However, the 3-18-1 record speaks very loudly to me and I think it's time to move on sooner rather than later.  When Marvin Lewis came to the Bengals everyone noticed immediate and consistent improvement.  I'm sorry, but I've seen nothing but regression since the first game of 2019 against the Seahawks. The trend is downward and the slope is becoming increasingly negative.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 03:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: UP FRONT DISCLAIMER:  I want Sled21 to be right and for me to be wrong.

+++

Zac Taylor has great interviewing skills; I know that because he handles press conferences very well because he has an intelligent, cogent answer for every question.  He's upbeat and optimistic.  Zac Taylor is hard not to like and the players seem to have good things to say about him.  However, the 3-18-1 record speaks very loudly to me and I think it's time to move on sooner rather than later.  When Marvin Lewis came to the Bengals everyone noticed immediate and consistent improvement.  I'm sorry, but I've seen nothing but regression since the first game of 2019 against the Seahawks. The trend is downward and the slope is becoming increasingly negative.

Feel the exact same, well said FIK. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 03:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: UP FRONT DISCLAIMER:  I want Sled21 to be right and for me to be wrong.

+++

It's gonna be a great come back story...... Rock On Rock On Rock On Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 11:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's gonna be a great come back story...... Rock On Rock On Rock On Rock On

Or he’ll be the most recent cautionary tale of why you don’t promote a position coach to first time HC in his mid 30’s...

If I had to bet any amount of money that mattered to me I know it’d be on the latter.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2020, 07:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or he’ll be the most recent cautionary tale of why you don’t promote a position coach to first time HC in his mid 30’s...

If I had to bet any amount of money that mattered to me I know it’d be on the latter.

It's definitely getting more difficult to make a case for, or even have confidence in, Zac at this point. In his 22 games as head coach, the Bengals haven't just been bad, but are the absolute worst in the NFL:

-win %
-on the road
-when scoring first
-in one score games
-versus own conference
-against teams with winning record
-when leading at some point during the game

Sick
Reply/Quote