Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make sure to vote for Willie Anderson
Since the fanbase has been able to stuff the ballot box for weekly awards, how about stepping up and stuffing the box for a legend who deserves it.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The early numbers are not looking good, so let's step it up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't believe they have him in a Ravens jersey..........
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can't believe they have him in a Ravens jersey..........

I was thinking the same thing. 
Reply/Quote
Thank you for sharing the link, I didn't know this was an option and as a fan, it's fun to get behind Bengals players even when they have on a Ravens jersey.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:41 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Since the fanbase has been able to stuff the ballot box for weekly awards, how about stepping up and stuffing the box for a legend who deserves it.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The early numbers are not looking good, so let's step it up.

what % does the fan vote account for in the selection process?
Reply/Quote
Willie only has 4,725 votes. Steve Tasker has over 47,000. Bengals fans need to represent!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can't believe they have him in a Ravens jersey..........

That may actually work in his favor.
Reply/Quote

That is hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what % does the fan vote account for in the selection process?

Not sure, haven't seen it anywhere but have to think if we as Bengals fans come out in force like we have for weekly awards it should move the needle a little.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure, haven't seen it anywhere but have to think if we as Bengals fans come out in force like we have for weekly awards it should move the needle a little.

I ask cause one of the awards shows i follow for games has a fan vote but it counts for less than 10% of the selection process so basically just waste of time.
Reply/Quote
So you our fanbase goes crazy and gets Jamarr and Mixon awards when they might not deserve it, but we can't all stuff the box for one of the greatest Bengals ever? Cram those votes in!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I ask cause one of the awards shows i follow for games has a fan vote but it counts for less than 10% of the selection process so basically just waste of time.

Every bit counts. Getting a big presence in the fan vote could help draw attention to our forgotten Bengals IE the Kenny's, Willie, etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:28 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Every bit counts. Getting a big presence in the fan vote could help draw attention to our forgotten Bengals IE the Kenny's, Willie, etc.

Hof should not hinge on fan vote at all but what they did on the field
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what % does the fan vote account for in the selection process?

As far as I know they don't count for the real selection.  I just think it's a thing they for fun as fan engagement and for the data collection sorry sweepstakes. 

From the HoF website:

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/
Quote:The Pro Football Hall of Fame's 49-person Selection Committee is charged with the vital task of continuing to ensure that new enshrinees are the finest the Game has produced.

The Committee consists of one media representative from each pro football city — with two from New York and two from Los Angeles, as those cities each have two teams in the National Football League. There are 17 at-large Selectors, who are active members of the media or persons intricately involved in professional football, including one representative of the Pro Football Writers of America. All appointments are open-ended and approved annually by a majority vote of the Hall of Fame's Board of Trustees. 

The Selection Committee meets annually on the Saturday before the Super Bowl (or another date prior to Super Bowl weekend) to elect new members of the Hall of Fame. There is no set number of new enshrinees, but the Committee’s current ground rules do stipulate that between four and eight new members will be selected each year.  Every candidate is thoroughly reviewed and must receive approval from at least 80% of the full Committee to be elected.

Here is an article from when they did this for the 2020 class.  I can't find a similar one for the previous year or this year but you will note the URL for this year is the same as the one listed in the article below:

https://www.profootballhof.com/ford-fan-vote-launches-for-the-class-of-2020/

Quote:Fans can now start voting as many times as they wish at http://www.profootballhof.com/fanvote to predict the five Modern-Era players who will be elected to the Hall of Fame as part of the special Centennial Class of 2020.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

When one of our former players used to get arrested, they'd always show him in a Bengals uniform even if he was playing for another team when arrested. Now we have an all-time great who had a cup of coffee in Baltimore and they show him in a Ravens uni.

We can't win. Btw, my vote got Willie up to 4,960.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When one of our former players used to get arrested, they'd always show him in a Bengals uniform even if he was playing for another team when arrested. Now we have an all-time great who had a cup of coffee in Baltimore and they show him in a Ravens uni.

Exactly. 

Even if we released him years ago, he barely played here, and played with three or four other teams after us, they'll say "former Bengal arrested........"

It's such a joke. I'd love to call out the media on their bias reporting.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When one of our former players used to get arrested, they'd always show him in a Bengals uniform even if he was playing for another team when arrested. Now we have an all-time great who had a cup of coffee in Baltimore and they show him in a Ravens uni.

well if they are in trouble and you already have a picture of them in stripes.....
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hof should not hinge on fan vote at all but what they did on the field

And the voters have time and time again ignored what happened on the field. How do you feel about how the hall of fame voters have handled Kenny Anderson? You can't honestly tell me you trust the voters to do right by former Bengals, do you?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:13 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: And the voters have time and time again ignored what happened on the field. How do you feel about how the hall of fame voters have handled Kenny Anderson? You can't honestly tell me you trust the voters to do right by former Bengals, do you?

No but if it was determined by fans it be much much worse... as the teams with big bandwagon followers would always be in and barely anyone else.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No but if it was determined by fans it be much much worse... as the teams with big bandwagon followers would always be in and barely anyone else.

100%, but I wouldn't mind a small percentage going to fans. I am old enough to remember the fan vote getting Yao Ming into the NBA all-star game when he was injury riddled and missing entire seasons. I definitely think there needs to be a revised way of selection. The whole process is so abstract and bias against certain teams. 
Reply/Quote