Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor's ridiculous comments about Burrow
In his presser he said something along the lines of "that's just the way it goes" regarding Burrow's injury. Also he defended the o-line....Not sure I can stomach watching anymore Bengals until this idiot is gone.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gameday/zac-taylor-defends-offensive-line
Reply/Quote
If Taylor and his incompetent cronies aren’t fired at the end of this season, anyone who buys tickets next year is a complete idiot
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:47 AM)Trademark Wrote: In his presser he said something along the lines of "that's just the way it goes" regarding Burrow's injury. Also he defended the o-line....Not sure I can stomach watching anymore Bengals until this idiot is gone.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gameday/zac-taylor-defends-offensive-line

Quote:“It's hard for me because all we can do is make progress as this season goes and we gave up a lot of pressure early in the season. In these last couple weeks, our guys have done a great job of keeping people off Joe, he's had a great pocket," Taylor said after the game. "He did not have a sack in the first half. And the hit as I saw it, wasn’t when he had the ball in his hand. And people keep talking about the offensive line without it seemingly watching the film from last four weeks. And so, again, those guys have done a good job. It's been a revolving door of players; we're doing a great job. Joe's done a good job moving us down the field, and we felt like we're making a lot of progress over the last five weeks, and we're not going to apologize for any of that.” 

Which part was incorrect?
Reply/Quote
Overall, I kinda get where he’s coming from regarding O-line improvement (LOL. Look, we went from horrible to just bad!). But to say stupid comments like, “The ball was out of his hand” is just ridiculous. How does that matter? QBs get hit all of the time after the ball has left. The problem is he’s been hit an insane amount this season, increasing the chances of an injury like this.

God, I’m still sick. Last year was so hard to watch, I don’t know how I can do it again. Especially since we already drafted the exciting player.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:52 AM)thillan Wrote: Overall, I kinda get where he’s coming from regarding O-line improvement (LOL. Look, we went from horrible to just bad!). But to say stupid comments like, “The ball was out of his hand” is just ridiculous. How does that matter? QBs get hit all of the time after the ball has left. The problem is he’s been hit an insane amount this season, increasing the chances of an injury like this.

God, I’m still sick. Last year was so hard to watch, I don’t know how I can do it again. Especially since we already drafted the exciting player.

All a team can do is improve or get worse. This o line has improved from the disastrous Ravens game going forward. Like the man said, Burrow wasn't sacked in the first half. He's had pretty good protection for the last couple of games. Injuries have made the o line a revolving door. They banked on XFS playing right guard, he got hurt in the first game. The protections were trending upward, not downward. I get it, it's hugely disappointing. I'm 61 and have been a fan since day one, and I was crushed when I watched it. That said, it's football. Players get hurt.
Reply/Quote
I understand both sides of it.

One one hand yes, the Oline has not protected him well this year and they are to blame any time the QB gets crushed in the pocket.

On the other hand, they actually played pretty well yesterday and if it wasn’t for a freak accident Burrow would still be with us. Some of his biggest hits this year, fumble from yesterday included, were from his own decisions.

What we can all agree on is yesterday sucked major donkey dong and no matter who was to blame we just all hope the kid comes back at least 80% of what he was.
Reply/Quote
He's a buffoon, but what else could he say?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Which part was incorrect?

The part where he didn't call himself a shit coach who doesn't deserve to clean Burrow's jock, let alone be the head coach of a premier (ha!) football team in the NFL. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Which part was incorrect?

"we felt like we're making a lot of good progress in the last 5 weeks, and we're not going to apologize for any of that"

we have lost 5 of the last 6 games so that statement kinda jars to be honest.
Reply/Quote