Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor's ridiculous statement on why he kept Burrow in
(11-15-2020, 11:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What do you expect from a coach whose record is 4-20-1? 

Damn. Is it really that bad?

Expect MB to extend his contract 20 years then.
Reply/Quote
Not sticking up for Taylor (trust me), but these comments from Peyton Manning are relevant here...

"[Then-Colts coach] Jim Mora never took me out," Manning said. "I learned some things in the fourth quarter of those blowouts about what it took to be an NFL quarterback, and the next year we went from 3-13 to 13-3. That wouldn't have happened if I hadn't have hung in there and learned the ropes as a rookie, even though we took some bumps and bruises.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sticking up for Taylor (trust me), but these comments from Peyton Manning are relevant here...

"[Then-Colts coach] Jim Mora never took me out," Manning said. "I learned some things in the fourth quarter of those blowouts about what it took to be an NFL quarterback, and the next year we went from 3-13 to 13-3. That wouldn't have happened if I hadn't have hung in there and learned the ropes as a rookie, even though we took some bumps and bruises.

At this point, its going to take ZT winning for anything he says to matter. No matter what he says its going to be disgusting because of how bad his record is. 
Reply/Quote
This man is an embarrassment
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 06:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sticking up for Taylor (trust me), but these comments from Peyton Manning are relevant here...

....and according to a SI article I just read, Burrow did not want to come out. He was going up and down the sidelines telling players he was not gonna quit on them, and he wasn't coming out of the game. I think he had his coach's ear somewhat too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Most likely we are stuck with this clown till who knows when.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:26 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Most likely we are stuck with this clown till who knows when.

We can start a "SACK THE ZAC" campaign?!?!??!? Cool Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Burrow has to play the Stealers and the Ravens twice a year. He can't learn to handle their defenses sitting on the sidelines. Suck it up buttercups, these are things that happen with rookies. No matter how good you are, there is a learning curve.....
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:16 AM)Synric Wrote: It's not even completely about attempts they didnt even show run. 

I dont mind the offense mixing in empty sets but you still have to mix in Play action and RPO especially when the RBs are getting 10 yards on first down.

Just stupid, if I was the FO I would of fired him after this game.

So predictable, why do this and risk your future?

Yes, I agree that Burrow will learn from this but at what risk? Run the damn ball if it is working and the Steelers D is not a great
run stopping team, they are a pass rushing nightmare. The game was over, run the ball and get that momentum going with the 
Offensive Line and the RB's.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and according to a SI article I just read, Burrow did not want to come out. He was going up and down the sidelines telling players he was not gonna quit on them, and he wasn't coming out of the game. I think he had his coach's ear somewhat too.

Well that changes things I guess.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....and according to a SI article I just read, Burrow did not want to come out. He was going up and down the sidelines telling players he was not gonna quit on them, and he wasn't coming out of the game. I think he had his coach's ear somewhat too.

Makes sense.  We want to believe Burrow is this maniac who will rip off his own skin and roll in salt to win but we also want him to sit on thr sidelines and be safe when there is game time left and he's got a twisted ankle.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 09:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Makes sense.  We want to believe Burrow is this maniac who will rip off his own skin and roll in salt to win but we also want him to sit on thr sidelines and be safe when there is game time left and he's got a twisted ankle.

Fine line.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What Zac should have said:

Burrow had a terrible game. He didn't deserve to sit on the sidelines and watch someone else close out his mess so I had him just hand off the ball for punishment, oh and I am the worst HC ever hired in the NFL. I love it being paid to be a moron.

Fixed it for you
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Huge difference, Dungy did not have Peyton hand off the ball against the 2nd string defense, he had him trying to throw the ball and score TD's

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Huge difference, Dungy did not have Peyton hand off the ball against the 2nd string defense, he had him trying to throw the ball and score TD's

It’s wasn’t Dungy. It was Mora. It was right there in the quote...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:13 PM)Synric Wrote: You cannot run for first downs on a first down then go empty sets 3 times in a row. They did that several times in this game.

I loved that they spread the defense out but they still had to run the ball.

You mean you can't put a RB in on 1st down and run it every time, then go empty every other down and fool one of the better D's in the league as to what you're gonna do ? Who woulda thunk it ?  Shocked
Reply/Quote
Joe was def banged up, hate to see him take all those hits when the game was out of hand.
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 12:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s wasn’t Dungy. It was Mora. It was right there in the quote...

You missed the point. No 2 minute offense, limiting Joe to hand off did not help Joe Burrow learn jack crap. So apples to oranges what was done for Peyton by Mora. ZT did Burrow no favors other than make him look like the team thinks he is too frail to be a real QB for 60 minutes.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:57 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: This exclusive empty set is irritating;can somebody let this clown know he's coaching in the afc north??you build your team according to the division your playing against..I hope we get rid of this guy I personally don't think he's qualified..

False, we play more non-division foes than division foes. We could go winless in the division and still win the division.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote