Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor says Eli Apple is still going to start
(11-19-2021, 12:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Opposing QBs have completed 31/48 (64.6%) for 347 yards, 2 TDs and a 99.9 passer rating.

He's played 91% of the defensive snaps, yet only has 3 pass deflections and 0 picks.

Abysmal PFF grade of 46.4. He's a liability. He'd be OK depth though. Just shouldn't be starting the guy. Ideally, anyway.

Starting Apple is yet another dork move by king dork.

Some will remember what I'm talking about. LOL

That's the thing though. He wasn't supposed to be the starter. It was Waynes.
Apple was supposed to be outside CB depth.
Because Waynes can't stay on the field, they have to resort to starting their depth guys.
They did have the cap space to probably get a better 4th CB in FA though, but they didn't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think if Waynes would be able to return and play decent he could be the missing piece. Especially Chargers, Chiefs would help immensely.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 04:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the thing though. He wasn't supposed to be the starter. It was Waynes.
Apple was supposed to be outside CB depth.
Because Waynes can't stay on the field, they have to resort to starting their depth guys.
They did have the cap space to probably get a better 4th CB in FA though, but they didn't.

I know. That's why I said "ideally".

The jab at Zac was just a joke. Hopefully Hargreaves can step up and take the spot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well rather apple start than someone that cant take the spot from him
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 04:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think if Waynes would be able to return and play decent he could be the missing piece. Especially Chargers, Chiefs would help immensely.

My magic 8 ball said that "Don't count on it"
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 05:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My magic 8 ball said that "Don't count on it"

This guy agrees.

[Image: 3__resize.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Next year the Bengals two most important needs in the draft and free agency will be CB and of course OL,again,and again,and again.Will they ever succeed in getting this OL fixed??? Should be more motivated now than ever to fix it.They have found their franchise Quarterback,excellent group of wide receivers,running backs.The stage is set.Just Do It!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 08:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth. He is just so inconsistent. One game he looks very good and the next, tuuurrible.

That's his M.O.

Couple plays a game he'll make you say wow. Rest of game he'll make you say good gawd get somebody else out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 09:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Red nose, face paint, starting Eli Apple, giant oversized red shoes.... all of these are symptoms of being a clown.

Hahaha that really got me.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 04:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think if Waynes would be able to return and play decent he could be the missing piece. Especially Chargers, Chiefs would help immensely.

Bruh Free Money Waynes didn’t earn his name by trying to come back from “injuries.”

Just assume a hamstring is life threatening and he should be retiring because medicine is still practicing like the 1800s
Reply/Quote

Who he?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 10:32 AM)jason Wrote: Who he?

[Image: th?id=OIP.xvnHk33KJH9dlad-CsTidgHaE7&pid...=241&h=161]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 10:32 AM)jason Wrote: Who he?

Is he related to nobody of the notorious nobodies fame ?

Who took out the trash ? nobody

Who did the dishes ? nobody
Reply/Quote
If I remember right, didn't Taylor sat Apple was still the starter and Hargraeves and Flowers will work their way in? To me, that means as soon as they learn the defense and are fully up to speed on it, Apple will be demoted. But that was just my take. I suspect to see Hargraves starting by the next few games.
Reply/Quote
Seems I recall hearing that Apple has had the most snaps this season by Bengals DB's.

Which just seems odd

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 10:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Seems I recall hearing that Apple has had the most snaps this season by Bengals DB's.  

Which just seems odd

Most by a CB. 78 more than Chido. Second overall for DBs behind Vonn Bell.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I guess keeping him paid dividends....
Reply/Quote
He even forced a fumble, on himself.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess keeping him paid dividends....

Yep. All that awfulness in the first 9 games is washed away by one pick.

Take that, haters.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. All that awfulness in the first 9 games is washed away by one pick.

Take that, haters.

John Ross-itis. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote