Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor says it's going to be tough for Tee Higgins to play Thursday
REPORT: It’s going to be “tough” for #Bengals WR Tee Higgins to play in Thursday’s critical game against the #Ravens, says HC Zac Taylor

Zac Taylor didn’t make any declarations on Higgins’ game status yet, though.

Higgins missed yesterday’s game due to a hamstring injury, and the turnaround might be too short notice for him to play this week. Something to keep an eye on.

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1724156090026172762?s=46&t=pkni6GRbeTj3sw_si0D37w
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
No one expected him to. Hamstrings are not something you **** around with for a WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If the Hammy was bad enough i was thinking a month at minimum

That’s damn near like a calf. You just gotta let that heal all the way

This has to be the worst contract year ever for a WR. If there was a deal on the table this offseason Tee is gonna hate himself for not taking it because atp this is multiple years of injury so if he was worth, for example, 25M per that price is likely WAY lower now because now the label injury prone is valid.

Imo he’s out of the 100M dollar contract range now. 85/4 years would be a good deal to me honestly. I don’t think many teams will be trying to blow off the doors for Tee. The top team will likely offer 20M per, but it’s gonna be a super shit team and no way Tee wants to play for another QB
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 06:04 PM)Housh Wrote: If the Hammy was bad enough i was thinking a month at minimum

This has to be the worst contract year ever for a WR. If there was a deal on the table this offseason Tee is gonna hate himself for not taking it because atp this is multiple years of injury so if he was worth, for example, 25M per that price is likely WAY lower now because now the label injury prone is valid.

Imo he’s out of the 100M dollar contract range now. 85/4 years would be a good deal to me honestly. I don’t think many teams will be trying to blow off the doors for Tee. The top team will likely offer 20M per, but it’s gonna be a super shit team and no way Tee wants to play for another QB

Agree, this sucks
Reply/Quote
This is one reason they needed to just slot Yoshi into Tee's role and keep him in there with enough targets to get a comfort level. Irwin is good but he is also similar to Boyd in type. That way on Thursday the lineup would be more stable instead of another game of mix and match which stops anyone from getting comfortable.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 06:04 PM)Housh Wrote: If the Hammy was bad enough i was thinking a month at minimum

Likely means unless a team overpays for him, he will go for a 1-year deal to rebuild value.

It also means it's harder for the Bengals to tag and trade him as there is likely less teams willing to both pay him $23m (the projected WR tag number) and give up a 1st round pick (or a 2nd and 3rd).

Really makes me feel more confident in my belief I held that they should have tried to trade Tee this last offseason before the draft for a 1st and 3rd when his value was at it's peak and the Bengals could use those picks to help the team this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ugg that stinks.

We played the Rat Turds last year when half their team was out but only barely eeked out a dub

This one might get scary.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:58 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ugg that stinks.

We played the Rat Turds last year when half their team was out but only barely eeked out a dub

This one might get scary.

Well we also played them this Year with JB on one leg and they barely eeked out a dub
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we also played them this Year with JB on one leg and they barely eeked out a dub

Fair point!
Reply/Quote
What a terrible year for Tee
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:28 PM)Trademark Wrote: What a terrible year for Tee

This is going to hurt his value both in $$$ terms and in trade terms if we can't get a deal done (the main blocker is Mulugheta). Contract year and so far it's been rough. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is one reason they needed to just slot Yoshi into Tee's role and keep him in there with enough targets to get a comfort level. Irwin is good but he is also similar to Boyd in type. That way on Thursday the lineup would be more stable instead of another game of mix and match which stops anyone from getting comfortable.

Yoshi needs to learn the correct route, he was wrong on another one yesterday and Burrow never went back at him.  

Joe isnt going to throw at guys he doesnt trust.  TI is 1000 times more trustworthy with Burrow than Yoshi right now. 

Reply/Quote

A team offered Deshaun Watson a fully guaranteed deal. There will probably be a team desperate enough to give Tee what he wants. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
About the best I would do for Higgins given the potential injury-prone concern is 3 years, $60 mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: A team offered Deshaun Watson a fully guaranteed deal. There will probably be a team desperate enough to give Tee what he wants. 

Carolina, which enticed Von Bell with the guaranteed money part of his contract, was trying to get Tee at the recent trade deadline. There will be teams willing to give him the guaranteed money that the Bengals will balk at. Von Bell's contract was not that much at all, save for the guaranteed money part.
Reply/Quote
Frankly, you should be able to win with Chase and Boyd. Irwin isn't a slouch, either. The better hope is that Ja'marr is feeling significantly better and is in line for more targets.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 10:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Likely means unless a team overpays for him, he will go for a 1-year deal to rebuild value.

It also means it's harder for the Bengals to tag and trade him as there is likely less teams willing to both pay him $23m (the projected WR tag number) and give up a 1st round pick (or a 2nd and 3rd).

Really makes me feel more confident in my belief I held that they should have tried to trade Tee this last offseason before the draft for a 1st and 3rd when his value was at it's peak and the Bengals could use those picks to help the team this year.

The Bengals should have made the trade for a 1 and 3.  They screwed themselves by not trading Tee.  He's had one good game this entire season and I cant see any team at this point in time, giving up a 1 and 3 now.  What's even worse is if the Bengals want to get any value out of Tee they will have to tag him because he is a free agent next year.  Tagging Tee will cost about 23 million next year.    What team wants to pay an injury prone WR 23 million for one season and give up a 1st round pick to do so?  Even if the Bengals do tag Tee, they still cant trade him until he signs the contract.  He could wait like Bates did and sign the contract a week before next season starts so even if the Bengals did get a draft pick for him, it wouldnt be until the 2025 draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 09:09 PM)samhain Wrote: Frankly, you should be able to win with Chase and Boyd.  Irwin isn't a slouch, either.  The better hope is that Ja'marr is feeling significantly better and is in line for more targets.

agreed, but if your run game is crap(it is) things get significantly more difficult

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 10:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: agreed, but if your run game is crap(it is) things get significantly more difficult

Correct, so the opposing team will just double-team our top 2 WRs and make the 3rd beat them.  It's not too hard for a DC to game-plan that. Around this time last year, we showed we had a running game.  I do miss Perine and thought Williams would improve.  Where has Chase Brown been (IR) or Chris Evans?
Reply/Quote
Tees injuries this year likely does nothing for his long term value.

Tee will be 25 years old in early 2024, just really entering his prime.
Tee has two 1,000 yard seasons under his belt and had 900 his rookie season.

There is a zero percent chance that teams will look at this and devalue him. He is a known commodity and young.
Reply/Quote