Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor speaks
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/28/cincinnati-bengals-los-angeles-rams-head-coach-zac-taylor-would-disservice-distraction/2707414002/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Can’t read without paying what did he say?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t read without paying what did he say?

Nothing really. 

Wont be distracted etc...McVay is great Rams organization is great. He gives props to the rest of the coaching staff.

Edit: You can open it in an incognito tab.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Good article on McVay I read today:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sean-mcvay-reveals-the-secrets-to-his-coaching-success/ar-BBSPD5D

From reading the article posted in this thread about Zac, it seems he would be bringing some of this philosophy with him.  I think it would bode well for a young squad with some veteran leadership sprinkled in like the Bengals are.

Quote:“Listen to players,” McVay said. “Players have the best feel for the game. Especially guys who have the right insight and the right understanding of what’s going on. Giving them that ownership, they’re likely to make it work.

“Players get an intricate feel being out there, more than I have as a coach on the sideline. There are nuances of the game that I can’t feel on the sideline.”

Anyone here ever get the feeling smug ass Merv would listen to a player? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 12:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good article on McVay I read today:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sean-mcvay-reveals-the-secrets-to-his-coaching-success/ar-BBSPD5D

From reading the article posted in this thread about Zac, it seems he would be bringing some of this philosophy with him.  I think it would bode well for a young squad with some veteran leadership sprinkled in like the Bengals are.

You mean like, "Do your Job" or "We just have to play better"....... 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 12:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good article on McVay I read today:

Yeah, right, just let the players tell the coach what to do.  What could possibly go wrong with that?  I mean the Steelers would not have had any problem with Antonio Brown if they just let him run the offense.

I see players talking to coaches all the time.  So I am sure every coach listens to what the players say.  And if they take the time to listen I am sure they consider what the players have to say.  But in the end a coach (especially a young inexperienced coach) needs to let the players know that he is the one who will be making the calls.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, just let the players tell the coach what to do.  What could possibly go wrong with that?  I mean the Steelers would not have had any problem with Antonio Brown if they just let him run the offense.

I see players talking to coaches all the time.  So I am sure every coach listens to what the players say.  And if they take the time to listen I am sure they consider what the players have to say.  But in the end a coach (especially a young inexperienced coach) needs to let the players know that he is the one who will be making the calls.

Maybe you should read the article...... :andy:

No need to get snippy fred.....it's a brand new day in Bengaldom, I know the last two years have been rough, losing Piano Paul and Mediocre Merv and their rigid, old school ways, but it's time to embrace that change!

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 03:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe you should read the article...... :andy:

Inb4 he says he did and you didn't understand.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 03:34 PM)Earendil Wrote: Inb4 he says he did and you didn't understand.

LMAO.....right.  Ironically, I feel that when the staff did take a bit of that approach when Hue was the OC, the offense was electric.  Maybe Marvin trusted Hue more than the others, but the last two were stale and rigid.  Lazor had a decent plan to start, but he wasn't flexible enough when the shit hit the fan.  

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 03:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.....right.  Ironically, I feel that when the staff did take a bit of that approach when Hue was the OC, the offense was electric.  Maybe Marvin trusted Hue more than the others, but the last two were stale and rigid.  Lazor had a decent plan to start, but he wasn't flexible enough when the crap hit the fan.  

It seemed like Lazor's scheme was built around the tight ends, and as you said, when they were all injured/maimed, he didn't know how to adjust.  I really wish he had used Mixon more, I never understood why he didn't.  Was that his choice? Or did that come from Marvin?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 04:00 PM)Earendil Wrote: It seemed like Lazor's scheme was built around the tight ends, and as you said, when they were all injured/maimed, he didn't know how to adjust.  I really wish he had used Mixon more, I never understood why he didn't.  Was that his choice? Or did that come from Marvin?

Building your offense around a guy who had never played a full season to begin with is now in the moron's hall of fame and, all by itself, is enough to get you fired.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 04:04 PM)McC Wrote: Building your offense around a guy who had never played a full season to begin with is now in the moron's hall of fame and, all by itself, is enough to get you fired.

I can't disagree there.  Not being able to adjust compounded the issue.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 04:18 PM)Earendil Wrote: I can't disagree there.  Not being able to adjust compounded the issue.

Oh my God yes.  It was not pretty.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 04:00 PM)Earendil Wrote: It seemed like Lazor's scheme was built around the tight ends, and as you said, when they were all injured/maimed, he didn't know how to adjust.  I really wish he had used Mixon more, I never understood why he didn't.  Was that his choice? Or did that come from Marvin?

I don't know who's decision it was, but it wasn't very bright.  I think you're right about the TEs.....

(01-29-2019, 04:04 PM)McC Wrote: Building your offense around a guy who had never played a full season to begin with is now in the moron's hall of fame and, all by itself, is enough to get you fired.

It wasn't just Eifert.  They were using three TEs at some times early on.  There was an article I read going into the season about how Lazor intended to use multiple TE sets quite regularly.  He did too.  I think it had more to do with helping in protection and then having blockers that could become targets.  Then Eifert went down, Kroft, Schreck, then even Uzomah played hurt.  Bad juju on that one.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, just let the players tell the coach what to do.  What could possibly go wrong with that?  I mean the Steelers would not have had any problem with Antonio Brown if they just let him run the offense.

Manopause? Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
Fredtoast + ignore = forum bliss
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 07:07 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Fredtoast + ignore = forum bliss

[Image: 5416-ignorance.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 07:07 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Fredtoast + ignore = forum bliss

I just made this decision myself and the board is readable again.  Mcadoo, paul alexander, marvin, vigil.  He sees the beauty in garbage, when everybody else just sees garbage.  Im just happy I dont have to read the garbage anymore.
Reply/Quote
There are very few things more entertaining on this entire website than when fred gets salty.

As for the article, I believe Taylor is exactly the right hire at exactly the right time for this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 10:20 PM)JumboTron Wrote: As for the article, I believe Taylor is exactly the right hire at exactly the right time for this franchise.

I agree JT. A breath of fresh air after many years of wtf coaching and lack of discipline. Our team became the laughing stock of the NFL last year and we really needed no outside assistance in achieving that outcome. It’s a very exciting time to be a Bengals fan. Even if Zack can’t make it better right away, it’s great to see our FO finally act like a franchise FO. Specially riding on the back of the coaching changes last year.

Reply/Quote