Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor speaks
(01-30-2019, 07:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree JT. A breath of fresh air after many years of wtf coaching and lack of discipline. Our team became the laughing stock of the NFL last year and we really needed no outside assistance in achieving that outcome. It’s a very exciting time to be a Bengals fan. Even if Zack can’t make it better right away, it’s great to see our FO finally act like a franchise FO. Specially riding on the back of the coaching changes last year.

Yep, when the Browns are trash talking you, you know you've hit bottom....
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, when the Browns are trash talking you, you know you've hit bottom....

No doubt......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ Green on Zac Taylor:

"I'm very excited. We've got a new spark, made some changes. It's going to be fun."

"It will definitely be a big change, more change than I'm used to. Coach Lewis has been here my first eight years. It's all I know. It's going to be tough not having him. But it's that spark we needed I guess, so we'll see how it goes."

And Lap discussing Taylor and the coaching staff:

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 04:00 PM)Earendil Wrote: It seemed like Lazor's scheme was built around the tight ends, and as you said, when they were all injured/maimed, he didn't know how to adjust.  I really wish he had used Mixon more, I never understood why he didn't.  Was that his choice? Or did that come from Marvin?

Lazor's scheme was always focused around the short passing game. A TE is usually a big contributor to that. Mixon can be a big contributor there and he was used some, but I agree it could have been more. Same with Bernard. We did see Tyler Boyd blossom in Lazor's scheme though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: AJ Green on Zac Taylor:

"I'm very excited. We've got a new spark, made some changes. It's going to be fun."

"It will definitely be a big change, more change than I'm used to. Coach Lewis has been here my first eight years. It's all I know. It's going to be tough not having him. But it's that spark we needed I guess, so we'll see how it goes."

As always, thanks! Now I have to see who this o-line coach from A&M is......I just googled it, Jeff Turner. Not sure if I'd want this guy on the new staff or not. He was the line coach in Miami when "bullying of Martin" took place and did a presentation for a charity event that showed degradation of women, while a few women were in attendance.... Hopefully Lap was talking about someone else.....
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: As always, thanks! Now I have to see who this o-line coach from A&M is......I just googled it, Jeff Turner. Not sure if I'd want this guy on the new staff or not. He was the line coach in Miami when "bullying of Martin" took place and did a presentation for a charity event that showed degradation of women, while a few women were in attendance.... Hopefully Lap was talking about someone else.....

Yeah Wedge, hope its not that guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: As always, thanks! Now I have to see who this o-line coach from A&M is......I just googled it, Jeff Turner. Not sure if I'd want this guy on the new staff or not. He was the line coach in Miami when "bullying of Martin" took place and did a presentation for a charity event that showed degradation of women, while a few women were in attendance.... Hopefully Lap was talking about someone else.....

I'm guessing its more of they are linked cause they worked together at one point...   But not much more to it than that...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 12:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: AJ Green on Zac Taylor:

That’s good to hear Holic. The fact that AJ endorses this change is a positive since he’s looked up to by the team. More refreshing than the BS Dre K was spouting off early that Marvin wasn’t going anywhere. Guess that’s the difference between someone who is a team player and one who plays for himself and the play on the field and the success between the two resemble it perfectly.

AJ wants to win. Dre K wants to cuddle with coaches buttcheeks for job security. I mean, who else walks off the field after a huge penalty with a smile costing their team a loss? Hope he’s one of the first victims of Taylor’s remodel.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 08:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s good to hear Holic. The fact that AJ endorses this change is a positive since he’s looked up to by the team. More refreshing than the BS Dre K was spouting off early that Marvin wasn’t going anywhere. Guess that’s the difference between someone who is a team player and one who plays for himself and the play on the field and the success between the two resemble it perfectly.

AJ wants to win. Dre K wants to cuddle with coaches buttcheeks for job security. I mean, who else walks off the field after a huge penalty with a smile costing their team a loss? Hope he’s one of the first victims of Taylor’s remodel.

you know they are taught to take a penality over giving up a TD
Reply/Quote
Many people believe change is always for the best when in fact change often leads to calamity . I'm in no way saying it wasn't time for a change, it most certainly was time for a change, but it's definitely no foregone conclusion that Taylor will be wildly successful in Cincinnati. I hope he is, but until it's proven he's successful it's just more change for the sake of hoping for better days. How this turns out in the end is yet to be determined. 
Personally I hope for wonderful changes, but I've hoped for wonderful changes before only to be sadly disappointed. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 06:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Many people believe change is always for the best when in fact change often leads to calamity . I'm in no way saying it wasn't time for a change, it most certainly was time for a change, but it's definitely no foregone conclusion that Taylor will be wildly successful in Cincinnati. I hope he is, but until it's proven he's successful it's just more change for the sake of hoping for better days. How this turns out in the end is yet to be determined. 
Personally I hope for wonderful changes, but I've hoped for wonderful changes before only to be sadly disappointed. 

We know that all these changes could blow up in our faces, but, the fact that there is change alone is a plus considering the history of this team. 
Reply/Quote
We were suffering when we got Forrest Gregg, we were suffering when we got Sam, we were suffering when we got Marvin. If you ask me, the odds seem to be in our favor.

And maybe, bad luck or all time greats or one or two spectacular plays won't be able to stop this guy.

A crazy amount of our disappointment has come from bad fortune, a pretty fair amount comes from not making a play and all the rest of it comes from bad decisions. This decision is a good one. I can't wait to hear his press conference.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 09:16 PM)McC Wrote: We were suffering when we got Forrest Gregg, we were suffering when we got Sam, we were suffering when we got Marvin.  If you ask me, the odds seem to be in our favor.

And maybe, bad luck or all time greats or one or two spectacular plays won't be able to stop this guy.

A crazy amount of our disappointment has come from bad fortune, a pretty fair amount comes from not making a play and all the rest of it comes from bad decisions.  This decision is a good one.  I can't wait to hear his press conference.

I'm really hoping for this as well.  How many times did we see the team fold when something bad happened?

And yes Fred, I know there are probably plenty of times when they overcame adversity.  But more often than not (especially against the Steelers), they folded.
Reply/Quote