Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor to implement game clocks in practice
(07-26-2019, 02:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Two, we beat the shit outta the Jets in 2014 or '15. :andy:

That was 2013... I was fighting off the pain of a toothache with whiskey during that game. I passed out immediately after, then woke up in excruciating pain at midnight.... Brutal.

Anyway... They also stomped out the Colts that year, and just bullied the Raiders on the road in 2015.

We're up to 4.... No. Wait... The Giants in 2012 too. That's 5.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 09:05 PM)jason Wrote: That was 2013... I was fighting off the pain of a toothache with whiskey during that game. I passed out immediately after, then woke up in excruciating pain at midnight.... Brutal.

Anyway... They also stomped out the Colts that year, and just bullied the Raiders on the road in 2015.

We're up to 4.... No. Wait... The Giants in 2012 too. That's 5.

I was there too, damn good time. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago....

Also remember the other ones mentioned guys. If only we could harnessed that just once in the playoffs.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you guys read the link?

It has nothing to do with game clock management.  Three are simply clocks to let the players know how much time is left in each practice session.  I am pretty sure it has to do with speeding up the tempo of practice.  

Actually, it's both. The article in Bengalholics post goes more in depth about it. They're game clocks, and Zac has coordinated with league officials at his practices for 2 minute drill and last second scenarios with no timeouts, and after clock runoffs. Basically asking the refs things like "Do we have time here for a verbal cadence?". The article linked in holic's post is better than this one....I just hadn't read it before I came across this one.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 09:38 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I was there too, damn good time. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago....

Also remember the other ones mentioned guys. If only we could harnessed that just once in the playoffs.

Yeah... That's frustrating. I was at that Giants game. The thing about that one was it was a must win game... Against the defending champs. They'd lost like 3-4 in a row going into that game. They were under .500, and the season was looking bad. That game was the start of them basically winning out. The only loss came when Reggie blasted Dez Bryant too hard and got flagged. They even beat the Steelers in what was essentially a playoff game. Then they look like they'd never played football against Houston when it mattered.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Good news. The best teams play great situational football. The best teams are well prepared for any situation. The best teams field players who possess great situational awareness.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 01:37 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Good news. The best teams play great situational football. The best teams are well prepared for any situation. The best teams field players who possess great situational awareness.

Right

And in the past we have rarely looked good in those situations.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Did you guys read the link?

It has nothing to do with game clock management.  Three are simply clocks to let the players know how much time is left in each practice session.  I am pretty sure it has to do with speeding up the tempo of practice.  

I read it, but I also read that the players didn't seem to like Marv holding time on a stopwatch.  I think it goes without saying that they will use these on two-minute drills, etc, which is something they have desperately needed for some time. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This makes sense.  Then again, ZT could hang nude pictures of Bea Arthur all over the stadium and we'd declare him a genius.

Just threw up in my mouth a little... Sick
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 11:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read it, but I also read that the players didn't seem to like Marv holding time on a stopwatch.

I assume the practice sessions are more position and group drills than conditioning, but there is a whole psychology behind exercising with a known or unknown time limit.  If you are told to run as hard as you can until someone says stop you probably will not run as far as if you can see the clock or finish line and know when you are approaching the end.  With a known limit you can push harder or kick to the finish.

If they are seriously speeding up the tempo of practices there may be some of this same psychological effect in place.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we'd be a much worse team this year without these game clocks at the practice field.
Reply/Quote
Game clocks, hot women in bikinis, loyal fans, hot rods, salary bonuses, put anything in that end zone and none of that will help this team get a winning record, with this personnel.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Game clocks, hot women in bikinis, loyal fans, hot rods, salary bonuses, put anything in that end zone and none of that will help this team get a winning record, with this personnel.

Funny that the narrative before the season was the new staff would be able to coach up the players on the roster.

Now the roster is just devoid of talent.

It's honestly hard to tell what's on the players vs coaches. I know that Preston Brown looked like a decent NFL LB before. Vigil was playing much better last year too.

William Jackson and Bates have regressed this year.

That seems to indicate coaching is the issue.
Reply/Quote
IF Taylor does get fired after this season, I choose to remember the good...And installing clocks on the practice field may have been his pinnacle of success here!
Reply/Quote
C'mon..Zac has used these clocks with the precision of a Swiss watch maker.. Second half!  Time to implode! It works perfectly every time.. I wouldn't even have minded that intramural activity with Miami if they had at least sent several Fins to the hospital via Careflight, but nooooo.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:38 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Taylor does get fired after this season, I choose to remember the good...And installing clocks on the practice field may have been his pinnacle of success here!

Cmon..the Brown family has too much invested in Zacs redecorating scheme in the locker rooms..They've got their own offices now ya know..
They probably have a new stadium idea to attract fans by putting up movie screens in front of the field so nobody has to watch the "team". Instead..FREE MOVIES!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Reply/Quote