Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac and Brian..oil and water or in sync?
Sometimes when offenses struggle such as the Bengals
Has this year, it all starts in the coaches room, class room etc. Last year because of the success of the offense
We are to assume ZT and BC for the most part are in sync
With philosophy, gameplanning, play calling, personal packages.
But what if possibly behind the scenes , these 2 are having
Differences this year?
I don't have any proof, I'm just thinking outlook.
Even the best marriages there are days you don't see eye
To eye. I just have this feeling that ZT and BC aren't on
The same page this season
Reply/Quote
What I want to know, in light of Zac's comments about the plays being a group decision, is how are plays called EXACTLY? I assume the scripted plays are done ahead of time and that's fine if it's a group effort. But, when it comes to plays called AFTER the fact? I can see Zac and Brian discussing plays, but who else? Are there too many people giving input?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What I want to know, in light of Zac's comments about the plays being a group decision, is how are plays called EXACTLY? I assume the scripted plays are done ahead of time and that's fine if it's a group effort. But, when it comes to plays called AFTER the fact? I can see Zac and Brian discussing plays, but who else? Are there too many people giving input?

I would assume Pollack also is involved given he's the run game coordinator.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:06 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What I want to know, in light of Zac's comments about the plays being a group decision, is how are plays called EXACTLY? I assume the scripted plays are done ahead of time and that's fine if it's a group effort. But, when it comes to plays called AFTER the fact? I can see Zac and Brian discussing plays, but who else? Are there too many people giving input?

They probably discuss how the defense is playing them after the scripted plays run out. Then Zac goes off of a play sheet and calls the plays based on input from everyone else. All through the headsets.

Plays like the philly special, someone prob suggests it and then they all communicate and agree on it through the headset. 

IMO the logistics of this sound like a nightmare especially when you have a game going on you need to coach right in front of you. It doesnt help callahan is up in the booth and not on the field with everyone else.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 12:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They probably discuss how the defense is playing them after the scripted plays run out. Then Zac goes off of a play sheet and calls the plays based on input from everyone else. All through the headsets.

Plays like the philly special, someone prob suggests it and then they all communicate and agree on it through the headset. 

IMO the logistics of this sound like a nightmare especially when you have a game going on you need to coach right in front of you. It doesnt help callahan is up in the booth and not on the field with everyone else.

Actually, I think Callahan being in the booth is better because he can see things on the field differently. That said, I think the plays should only come from Zac and Callahan. I just think, assuming you're right, this is a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Just call the damn plays Zac or Brian. Sure, maybe bounce ideas or thoughts off others from time to time, but just call the damn plays.  Sink or swim ON YOUR OWN.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think Zac pretty much muddied the waters with his non-answer on giving up the playcalling duties.
I think he may have adopted this strategy from the front office itself when confronted with questions about free agency in the past. Saying it's nobody's fault but all of our faults isn't exactly accepting responsibility.

I don't believe he is willing to try a new approach until he becomes forced to. I see this team struggling until we can find someone who really knows what they're doing. If everyone's working on the playcalling right now, I think we're in a lot of trouble as the season goes on.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Urinal Water maybe.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:42 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sometimes when offenses struggle such as the Bengals
Has this year, it all starts in the coaches room, class room etc. Last year because of the success of the offense
We are to assume ZT and BC for the most part are in sync
With philosophy, gameplanning, play calling, personal packages.
But what if possibly behind the scenes , these 2 are having
Differences this year?
I don't have any proof, I'm just thinking outlook.
Even the best marriages there are days you don't see eye
To eye. I just have this feeling that ZT and BC aren't on
The same page this season

LOL Brian and Zac have been buds for over 12 years. On the internet is a picture of them coaching a summer QB camp and it’s a who’s who’s list of NFL/college coaches and they both look 12. Doubtful
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think it should be Zac, Brian and Frank. I don't know what a run coordinator is or does but the run game sucks and the O-line is not up to par so that's on Pollack.
Reply/Quote
Year 4...they should be in sync.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Year 4...they should be in sync.

Yeah, this is the thing I keep thinking about. If these questions and concerns are still around in Year 4, how can we expect them to figure it out suddenly?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote