Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac concedes
Zac concedes there is now an urgency to hire the rest of the staff. Hopefully, Lou has some people in mind

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:12 PM)pally Wrote: Zac concedes there is now an urgency to hire the rest of the staff.   Hopefully, Lou has some people in mind

It would be a hard fact to deny.  On the up side, there has not been any actual hands on coaching time lost.  I gotta think, though, that our DB coaches have been some busy mofo's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:22 PM)McC Wrote: It would be a hard fact to deny.  On the up side, there has not been any actual hands on coaching time lost.  I gotta think, though, that our DB coaches have been some bssy mofo's.

He really needs everyone in place prior to the combine with all those linebackers to check out.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:24 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: He really needs everyone in place prior to the combine. All those linebackers to check out.
Absolutely.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:24 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: He really needs everyone in place prior to the combine with all those linebackers to check out.

Pfft, he can just come here for all the scouting reports.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:24 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: He really needs everyone in place prior to the combine with all those linebackers to check out.

Very much so ! Things will get moving fast now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:12 PM)pally Wrote: Zac concedes there is now an urgency to hire the rest of the staff.   Hopefully, Lou has some people in mind

Zac is ONLY in his 3rd week here due to Super Bowl.  Considering less than 3 full weeks, it is happening fast. I'm sure some D coaches will be brought in and coaching staff will be pretty set by March 1st,  That is Fine.  If they have most of coaches going into March free agency and Combines, they are just Fine.  No sweat.  Nothing to get hung up about.   

To say he is conceding, that sounds like more fans acting like they know more than Taylor, and they don't.  Taylor has accomplished a lot since being on Super Bowl sidelines 3 weeks ago with Rams.  I'm going to figure he knows more than most fan fanatics on here. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don’t like the looks of all these coaching changes.Just hope this Zac Taylor guy isn’t going to be a repeat of the Dave Shula days.Wish him the best,but so far,to be honest,I’m not impressed with him,or his staff.But who knows ? We have to give the guy a chance.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 07:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I don’t like the looks of all these coaching changes.Just hope this Zac Taylor guy isn’t going to be a repeat of the Dave Shula days.Wish him the best,but so far,to be honest,I’m not impressed with him,or his staff.But who knows ? We have to give the guy a chance.

Just look at him and you get the idea he is no Dave Shula.  Hear him talk for five minutes and you're pretty sure he isn't.  Hear what people he has worked with and for have to say about him and one is convinced.  It's possible he could fail.  But in no way is he Dave Shula.  No player of his will ever tousle his hair.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 07:57 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I don’t like the looks of all these coaching changes.Just hope this Zac Taylor guy isn’t going to be a repeat of the Dave Shula days.Wish him the best,but so far,to be honest,I’m not impressed with him,or his staff.But who knows ? We have to give the guy a chance.
#1 Would you rather have Marvin and Hue back ???
#2  What makes you an expert on coaching hires ? 

I AM for the coaching changes by Reds AND Bengals.  I'm sick of Cincy Teams always in LAST PLACE,  They also need Player Changes. Reds have made some. Bengals must also. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

They are our guys now so might as well get use to them cause they'll be here for at least a year. I say at least a year because even if they tank miserably they'll last out the year.

Mikey boy isn't really making any key decisions anymore and I'll go out on a limb and say that I don't believe Katie and Co will be blind to their own mistakes like Mike Brown has done for the last 26 years. If these guy shame the team with awful performances they could be gone quicker than they arrived.

But an 8-8 season, which is very doable with the talent that is there, could lay the ground work for an improving coaching staff that is learning its way.

Reply/Quote
As of right now it's the great unknown other than who has been hired. I have no idea of how well they'll succeed or not. My gut reaction is to be a bit pessimistic, but that's easy to account for just because I've been a Bengals fan since I was just a boy and at 60 I'm no longer a boy.. 
The one hire giving me the most pause is Turner, but we shall see. They really can't afford to swing and miss on whoever they draft or bring in as FA's on the Oline and I really don't think he's got the talent to get the most out of last year's online so big changes better happen there or I fear doom and gloom from the oline and the rest of the offense.
The next big hire that really can't miss will have to be LBer's coach and signings.. I've kind of lost track of other openings, but I'm sure someone will be obliging enough to fill us in on the unknowns thus far.. 
I will predict that IF they fall completely flat and fail to win at all I'll quit paying attention until perhaps someday I look up and VIOLA! They're suddenly winning again out of the blue which is exactly what happened with me and the Bengals up until they beat that undefeated Chiefs team way back when. 

Is it just me or has the mother ship stopped listing the coaching staff? I look under staff and coaches are not among them. It kind of feels like the ubiquitous missing link.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

a LB coach and DL Coach shouldn't be horribly hard to find.

now that we know the DC and the type of D he will call we can fill these roles
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: a LB coach and DL Coach shouldn't be horribly hard to find.

now that we know the DC and the type of D he will call we can fill these roles

So, do you look at Ass't LB and DLine coaches for these guys?  Where does one go to find a LB and DLine coach?

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:11 AM)McC Wrote: So, do you look at Ass't LB and DLine coaches for these guys?  Where does one go to find a LB and DLine coach?

Sometimes guys that were HCs that didn't work out well, return to coaching at the positional level.  A great example?  Mike Munchak failed as HC of the Titans, but went back to work as OL coach for the Steelers and did a fantastic job.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 08:40 AM)grampahol Wrote: Is it just me or has the mother ship stopped listing the coaching staff? I look under staff and coaches are not among them. It kind of feels like the ubiquitous missing link.. 

might have taken section down to make changes and waiting till the staff is finalized.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 06:49 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Pfft, he can just come here for all the scouting reports.  Tongue

Bout time someone acknowledges how knowledgeable we are on these boards!  :andy:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Taylor: takes almost 3 weeks to find his DC, THEN says it's "urgent" that Lou hurries up and fills out the rest of the staff. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Taylor: takes almost 3 weeks to find his DC, THEN says it's "urgent" that Lou hurries up and fills out the rest of the staff.  Ninja

I'm sure he's cognizant of the fact that the process took longer than it should have.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 01:24 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I'm sure he's cognizant of the fact that the process took longer than it should have.

It was a joke. I was hoping to get some funny replies. Ah well. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote