Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac could go down as the worst coach in NFL history
1/6th of the way in he's off to great start
Reply/Quote
I think people are too excited to post things like this. I could see if he wasn't a top choice for HC on the board. I think it was between him and E.B. But people didn't hate the hire, to be so quick to highlight his failure.

Now he may go down as one of the worst coaches, but we shouldn't misdirect our anger by cheering his failure when the failure is really on MB and Co.

Some of these posts seem to gleeful he is failing.

No matter what happens, how can anyone blame him for failing?

There probably will never be a Marvin Lewis who can put up with this circus. That's props to Marvin no doubt, but shouldn't be the expectation for every NFL caliber HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think people are too excited to post things like this. I could see if he wasn't a top choice for HC on the board. I think it was between him and E.B. But people didn't hate the hire, to be so quick to highlight his failure.

Now he may go down as one of the worst coaches, but we shouldn't misdirect our anger by cheering his failure when the failure is really on MB and Co.

There probably will never be a Marvin Lewis who can put up with this circus. That's props to Marvin no doubt, but shouldn't be the expectation for every NFL caliber HC.

MB and Co certainly are the disease, but Zac Taylor is now infected with it. I'm not sure there is a cure.

Still, Dave Shula did better and that certainly puts Taylor in a bad light no matter how you slice it.

Reply/Quote
ZT is in a world of hurt right now, but the warning signs were there. I don't blame him but I also see how it sort of serves him right.  I'd say fire him but I'd be morbidly curious to see the type of guy we'd have to settle for after ZT.  It would be like a guy who took a pre wee team to the playoffs twice.  Or maybe like a guy who sold Joe Montana a car once or a dude who shared a 6 second elevator ride with Bill Belichick.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think people are too excited to post things like this. I could see if he wasn't a top choice for HC on the board. I think it was between him and E.B. But people didn't hate the hire, to be so quick to highlight his failure.

If only we could bring Marvin back to do most of the game planning and talent evaluations and let Zach coach the actual game we could be succesful maybe a top 5 team if only we could do this. Because the 1 thing Marvin was lacking was actually coaching the game on gamedays.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If only we could bring Marvin back to do most of the game planning and talent evaluations and let Zach coach the actual game we could be succesful maybe a top 5 team if only we could do this. Because the 1 thing Marvin was lacking was actually coaching the game on gamedays.

Am I missing something?  I fail to see evidence that ZT is better at gameday coaching than Marvin as of yet. 
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Am I missing something?  I fail to see evidence that ZT is better at gameday coaching than Marvin as of yet. 

Last game when we went for it on 4th and 7 down 14 at our own 44 with 7 and a half minutes left. Marvin would of punted 100 percent of the time.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Last game when we went for it on 4th and 7 down 14 at our own 44 with 7 and a half minutes left. Marvin would of punted 100 percent of the time.

Is that what makes a better game day coach, being down 14 and going for it on 4th and 7?

I guess winning games isn't part of it anymore.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Last game when we went for it on 4th and 7 down 14 at our own 44 with 7 and a half minutes left. Marvin would of punted 100 percent of the time.

ZT also likes to call 2 yard passes on 4th and long. 
Reply/Quote

Bullshit.

Marvin went for it on 4th down 15 times last year.  Almost half of those attempts (7) came before the 4th quarter.

This year Taylor has only gone for it on 4th down 4 times before the fourth quarter.
Reply/Quote

I think there was a sentiment on the board that ANY coach could come in and be better than Marvin.

The more astute of us knew that it could go south.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Am I missing something?  I fail to see evidence that ZT is better at gameday coaching than Marvin as of yet. 

You don't see the genius of calling for a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 10!?!?
Reply/Quote
Wow, 2 more losses and he will be tied with Tom Landry, who started at 0-10. And look how bad he tuned out..... Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm The Drama sure is getting deep around here.....
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT is in a world of hurt right now, but the warning signs were there. I don't blame him but I also see how it sort of serves him right.  I'd say fire him but I'd be morbidly curious to see the type of guy we'd have to settle for after ZT.  It would be like a guy who took a pre wee team to the playoffs twice.  Or maybe like a guy who sold Joe Montana a car once or a dude who shared a 6 second elevator ride with Bill Belichick.

You can't fire him.  Pumpkin is still worn out from the last coach search.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I’m beating a dead horse here, but the best thing for Taylor to do is give up play calling. He’s in over his head trying to be the HC and play-caller.
Reply/Quote
He was kind of dealt a shitty hand with the worst front office in all of sports. I'll give him 2-3 years before saying he is the worst.
Reply/Quote

Thing is he was terrible at every other stop except riding the McVae train
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 04:03 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: He was kind of dealt a shitty hand with the worst front office in all of sports.  I'll give him 2-3 years before saying he is the worst.

Offseason Narrative: Taylor will come in with a modern scheme and coach guys up!
In Season Narrative: Nobody could win here with this front office!

Meanwhile, Miami gutted their roster and is trying to lose and won a game!
Reply/Quote

yes the board as a whole was wrong about ZT it appears....  It could get better but how long we willing to wait.
Reply/Quote
Well, he didnt lose this past weekend
Reply/Quote