Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac could go down as the worst coach in NFL history
(11-04-2019, 06:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I could coach this team to an 0-10 start.

That's what makes Zac Taylor so relatable.  I look at him coaching an 0-8 team and think to myself, "I could do that!"
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 08:38 AM)Big Boss Wrote: That's what makes Zac Taylor so relatable.  I look at him coaching an 0-8 team and think to myself, "I could do that!"

He's definitely the working man's coach...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If he goes 0-10 like Tom Landry, and then goes on to have a career a fraction as good as Landry's..... some people are going to look awful foolish
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If he goes 0-10 like Tom Landry, and then goes on to have a career a fraction as good as Landry's..... some people are going to look awful foolish

Uh... okay. Rolleyes
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Uh... okay. Rolleyes

Well that's the whole point, just a freakin ridiculous it is for someone to think they can predict someone will be the worst coach in NFL history for going 0-8, when one of the greatest coaches of all time started 0-10. 
Reply/Quote
This losing streak didnt start with Zac. We have sucked for 3 years now. He doesnt look very good right now, but with an offensive line as bad as ours, who would. If we had Jonah, Glenn, AJ and Ross all playing for even just 80% of our games, we may have won a few of the close ones. We've been going downhill fast since Big Whit left. Whatever coach coaches this team is going to have to contend with that if they expect to win games. Zac is just a human he cant create OT's out of thin air. We drafted the best one in the draft and had Andre Smith as the opening day starter regardless of that.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 06:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If he goes 0-10 like Tom Landry, and then goes on to have a career a fraction as good as Landry's..... some people are going to look awful foolish

We could hope for that 1 in a 1,000 chance to come around again. Or maybe we should just recognize what is in front of us.

Landry started with an expansion franchise, before free agency. Taylor started with an established franchise coming off a 6 win season.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:30 PM)bengaloo Wrote: This losing streak didnt start with Zac. We have sucked for 3 years now. He doesnt look very good right now, but with an offensive line as bad as ours, who would. If we had Jonah, Glenn, AJ and Ross all playing for even just 80% of our games, we may have won a few of the close ones. We've been going downhill fast since Big Whit left. Whatever coach coaches this team is going to have to contend with that if they expect to win games. Zac is just a human he cant create OT's out of thin air. We drafted the best one in the draft and had Andre Smith as the opening day starter regardless of that.

As much as teams(especially this one)want to fill starting positions with draft picks it doesn't always work that way...  health or other reasons.

It sure would've been nice to see them be more active this off season at O-Line and not put all of the eggs in the draft basket.

I get it, that Price could have had a shaky first season and possibly could come back healthy as a viable starter somewhere on the line.

I was one of the few on here who was not sold on Glenn from what I'd seen from him.

Hart should not be starting anywhere in my opinion and he was their "big" FA signing.

The whole Redmon/Westerman thing was a debacle question mark like Fisher was before.

Really Trey Hopkins was the only one I had hope for because he seemed to be at least solid for stop gap and what you'd call real depth across the line.

Saying that I had no idea that he'd be the highest graded of all starters.

Boling was declining but that one I'll give the FO for not seeing him retiring.

All written above sure didn't make me feel better going into this season as a fan. 

That's why I picked 5-11 in the season poll.

I voted that, but in my mind I really didn't know what to expect from Zac and had hoped that his coaching could improve inadequacies in other areas of the team.

That is the problem.  8 games in and almost every position at every phase has declined.

A change of QB spark and injured players coming back could help tremendously.

I'm not ready to write ZT off just yet but my confidence level is not very high.

The management of Bengals don't really help him... so yeah...  I'm not thinking he's going to have an epic coach turnaround here.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote