Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac could go down as the worst coach in NFL history
(11-04-2019, 03:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, 2 more losses and he will be tied with Tom Landry, who started at 0-10. And look how bad he tuned out..... Sarcasm  Sarcasm  Sarcasm  The Drama sure is getting deep around here.....

I could coach this team to an 0-10 start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 04:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Offseason Narrative: Taylor will come in with a modern scheme and coach guys up!
In Season Narrative: Nobody could win here with this front office!

Meanwhile, Miami gutted their roster and is trying to lose and won a game!

Well, let's see how it goes when the Jets roll into Cincy.  

This whole narrative about Taylor is getting old.  Who could win with this team right now?  It's not like we haven't come close.

3rd string LT, 3rd sting LG, Bobby Hart at RT, AJ Green out, Ross out for most of the reason.  Is anyone really surprised?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT also likes to call 2 yard passes on 4th and long. 

He also likes to call QB sneaks from Shot Gun with a run fake along the way...
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think there was a sentiment on the board that ANY coach could come in and be better than Marvin.

The more astute of us knew that it could go south.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I thought it was a rather large order for ZT coming in.

The team has been failing on O-Line pick evaluations and FA signing.

The very thing that I felt sunk the team(regardless of Mixon's rushing)was sticking with the crap players like Hart.

Nobody really knew if he could coach up some under-performing players or scheme them better for their attributes.

I just don't think it's a good idea to have a first time HC with barely any OC experience to do both.

He needs to give up those duties and focus on HC.

This D is still playing like crap no matter who has been coach.

Does bend but not break work well when they blow a huge explosive play to lose the game?

It can be a low scoring affair on both sides but if the D just falls apart it's all for naught.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:15 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Well, he didnt lose this past weekend

He didn't win either...

Moral victory!
Reply/Quote
As far as Bengal head coaches, that title currently belongs to Dick LeBeau, 12-37, .267.
Reply/Quote
https://www.tiebreaker.com/worst-coaches-nfl-history/

As far as worst of all time, Hue Jackson holds the #2 spot but is #1 of those still alive.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 05:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yes the board as a whole was wrong about ZT it appears....  It could get better but how long we willing to wait.

IMO, you need to give Zac a full offeason, without the late start of this past one, in order to see what he does, what changes he can possibly make and what players he will go after.

I think he came in somewhat dependent on Duke and the crew this year and followed their lead to some extent. I want to see if he exerts himself in the offseason and what that looks like in terms of moves and acquisitions...which would also mean things like finding a new DC and O-line coach, and maybe even an experienced OC. 

It's just hard for me to evaluate him this year given the complete shit show that is this team. How much of it is what he inherited, combined with a total failure of an offseason, and how much is Zac's doing, with his staff choices and his own coaching?

I'm not defending or criticizing Zac. I just honestly don't know what to make of him at this point. I would like to see one more season though before we make a determination one way or another. If we're still seeing many of the same issues and little progress being made next season, then I have no problem saying he isn't the guy and moving on.
Reply/Quote
My personal favorite was the 4th down call against AZ - "The Cincy Special." 4th and 2. Dalton lines up in the shotgun. He faked. No, he PRETENDED to fake. Then he pulled a Sanchize and ran straight into the belly of the beast, only to be carried out like he was being thrown out of a bar on St. Patty's Day after being overserved.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think people are too excited to post things like this. I could see if he wasn't a top choice for HC on the board. I think it was between him and E.B. But people didn't hate the hire, to be so quick to highlight his failure.

Now he may go down as one of the worst coaches, but we shouldn't misdirect our anger by cheering his failure when the failure is really on MB and Co.

Some of these posts seem to gleeful he is failing.

No matter what happens, how can anyone blame him for failing?

There probably will never be a Marvin Lewis who can put up with this circus. That's props to Marvin no doubt, but shouldn't be the expectation for every NFL caliber HC.

Interesting, because I thought lot of people did. He was a QB Coach who had never been an NFL OC, who was a grand failure as OC at University of Cincinnati.

He also obviously had a TERRIBLE plan when it came to hiring a coaching staff, which was to hire a bunch of random guys who were his buddies who also have no idea how to do their jobs, have apparently 0 plan on how to hire a DC, and also hire Jim Turner.

There wasn't a ton to like about the hiring other than he was somebody who wasn't Marvin Lewis after 16 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 05:10 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: My personal favorite was the 4th down call against AZ  - "The Cincy Special." 4th and 2. Dalton lines up in the shotgun. He faked. No, he PRETENDED to fake. Then he pulled a Sanchize and ran straight into the belly of the beast, only to be carried out like he was being thrown out of a bar on St. Patty's Day after being overserved.

Once the quarterback has the ball,

he fakes to the left.

No. He fakes to the right.

He doesn't fake.

He thinks about faking.

He pretends to fake.

I don't know

where I am.

I can't breathe.

Holy Crap. I know what the problem is now. Turner is using Coach Kleins playbook!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 03:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IMO, you need to give Zac a full offeason, without the late start of this past one, in order to see what he does, what changes he can possibly make and what players he will go after.

I think he came in somewhat dependent on Duke and the crew this year and followed their lead to some extent. I want to see if he exerts himself in the offseason and what that looks like in terms of moves and acquisitions...which would also mean things like finding a new DC and O-line coach, and maybe even an experienced OC. 

It's just hard for me to evaluate him this year given the complete shit show that is this team. How much of it is what he inherited, combined with a total failure of an offseason, and how much is Zac's doing, with his staff choices and his own coaching?

I'm not defending or criticizing Zac. I just honestly don't know what to make of him at this point. I would like to see one more season though before we make a determination one way or another. If we're still seeing many of the same issues and little progress being made next season, then I have no problem saying he isn't the guy and moving on.

can we afford another year of drafting like we had this season?  

If nothing in the way of improve is shown till years end can you give me another offseason to bring in his guys? or with the #1 pick do you get a coach that might know what to do with it.  (cause our coaches have to be scouts too..)

If we whiff when drafting first we will be in the gutter for at min another 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 05:59 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Once the quarterback has the ball,

he fakes to the left.

No. He fakes to the right.

He doesn't fake.

He thinks about faking.

He pretends to fake.

I don't know

where I am.

I can't breathe.

Holy Crap. I know what the problem is now. Turner is using Coach Kleins playbook!

Was hoping someone would get that reference.

Now we just need the Lac Attac to get Harbaugh's plays. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think there was a sentiment on the board that ANY coach could come in and be better than Marvin.

The more astute of us knew that it could go south.

Yep.
Just like the sentiment on the board when Teryl Austin came in that he's going to turn a good defense into elite because he's going to emphasize turnovers. There was no second thought that maybe he'd be worse than Guenther.

My personal thought is this...Marvin's crew was undoubtedly better than what the Bengals have now. However, the Bengals were inevitably going to be stuck in that "QB purgatory" window where you don't have a Top 5 pick but you don't get deep into the playoffs.

I'm actually excited for this coming offseason because it should mean a Top 5 pick. The last time the Bengals had a Top 5 pick, they hit a slam dunk with AJ Green.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Taylor has not looked good that is for sure, but should we really be burying him a half season in?

He inherited a crumbling roster with MAJOR holes at some position groups, and of course he gets no help from our award winning front office. This team needed a major rebuild before he got here and it was going to be bad regardless of who the head coach was. Granted he made some really sketchy choices for his staff and that looks bad on him, but maybe some of that was due to guys not wanting to work for Mike Brown or not being available at that point in the offseason.

It looks bad. No argument there. I will give Taylor credit for making the decision to change QB's, I don't think that happens if Marvin is still here. I am going to take it as a positive that he is willing to make changes when things obviously aren't working, but I am interested to see if he will extend that approach to other areas of the roster, his play calling, and his coaching staff as well. I guess what I am saying is that I will withhold judgement on him until I see what adjustments he makes going into next season.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:43 AM)HuDey Wrote: Taylor has not looked good that is for sure, but should we really be burying him a half season in?

He inherited a crumbling roster with MAJOR holes at some position groups, and of course he gets no help from our award winning front office. This team needed a major rebuild before he got here and it was going to be bad regardless of who the head coach was. Granted he made some really sketchy choices for his staff and that looks bad on him, but maybe some of that was due to guys not wanting to work for Mike Brown or not being available at that point in the offseason.

It looks bad. No argument there. I will give Taylor credit for making the decision to change QB's, I don't think that happens if Marvin is still here. I am going to take it as a positive that he is willing to make changes when things obviously aren't working, but I am interested to see if he will extend that approach to other areas of the roster, his play calling, and his coaching staff as well. I guess what I am saying is that I will withhold judgement on him until I see what adjustments he makes going into next season.

The sad thing is this team had some $50 million in cap space and squandered it this offseason. I think that management believed that new coaching would be the difference. That has failed.

It's a vicious circle.
Reply/Quote
SSDD
Same S*** Different Dey

Our new motto.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Since we gave our last head coach 16 years why don't we give this guy 16 games before we start throwing around labels on people.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 02:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT also likes to call 2 yard passes on 4th and long. 
ZT calls pass plays with a few WR running routes checkdown Andy choses the shortest route on the field to throw it too. Personally I think ZT could QB this team better then Andy.
Reply/Quote
Just can’t throw in the towel with ZT this early. As many have said, he came into a bad situation this year. Although he himself is making some mistakes, he will learn from them. He needs at least 2 years before we start calling him a failure.

Reply/Quote