Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac film review
(09-17-2019, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glad you guys get all gooey over his press conferences, but I care more about his coaching.  And his team just came out and rolled over for the Forty-niners at home after playing well the week before.

Maybe next year we can keep Zac to do press conferences but get a new head coach who can actually get the team to play more consistently on the field.

When your boy Marvin started out 0-3 did you give up on him ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: When your boy Marvin started out 0-3 did you give up on him ?

No, but I wasn't fawning over how "He gets it".

Were you? 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What a great charismatic leader - watching film with the players and commenting on it!

With how bad they played, it must have felt like Mystery Science Theatre in there.

Obviously Joel, not Mike.    ThumbsUp

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Rep.

So the guy exudes positivity and can speak in full sentences.  Cool.  Still 0-2 though. Let's see how warm we are to his speeches if they go 3-13.

3-13 or 0-16 doesn’t matter to me. Zac is already a breath of fresh air. If we have such a bad record it will be because of our offensive line almost singlehandedly. No run game = one dimensional. One dimensional = easy to prepare for and defend = less sustainable drives = more 3 and outs = more time for D to be on field and get fatigued = more scoring drives given up by D.

The game against the 49ers was prime example of above.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, but I wasn't fawning over how "He gets it".

Were you? 

It would break your heart if this team finished 10-6 and won a playoff game this season, wouldn't it ?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think it's a little strange that they charged players $5 for a box of Raisinets though.

Ross was sitting in the balcony and bobbled his Junior Mint down into Zac's playbook.  The hilarity then ensued!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 06:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It would break your heart if this team finished 10-6 and won a playoff game this season, wouldn't it ?

if they could only get in and stay healthy we could potentially have a line of Johnah Glenn Hopkins Miller Hart. with 3 explosive receivers
Reply/Quote
Uh Dre, this ones on you.
Dre, another pass you could've played better.
Dre, you gotta wrap up.
Dre.
Dre...
DRE!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 06:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Uh Dre, this ones on you.
Dre, another pass you could've played better.
Dre, you gotta wrap up.
Dre.
Dre...
DRE!!!

which Dre Both were awful
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What a great charismatic leader - watching film with the players and commenting on it!

With how bad they played, it must have felt like Mystery Science Theatre in there.

nothing will make you happy besides making everyone else miserable
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 06:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It would break your heart if this team finished 10-6 and won a playoff game this season, wouldn't it ?

Fred and In disagree on a bunch of stuff, but this is complete BS. Fred has been one of the most optimistic posters here and before for 15 years. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glad you guys get all gooey over his press conferences, but I care more about his coaching.  And his team just came out and rolled over for the Forty-niners at home after playing well the week before.

Maybe next year we can keep Zac to do press conferences but get a new head coach who can actually get the team to play more consistently on the field.

What was this team last year? Where did we really improve? It's week 2... the team is pretty consistent to last year.

It is week 2 give the man a chance to make a difference. Some of you just aren't human with your expectations. You can't snap your fingers and miraculously change reality... the Infinity Gantlet doesn't exist. This team isn't going undefeated, sorry. We still have some winnable games, and let's see the changes down the road.

No one cares for a sourpuss
Reply/Quote

This is a waste of time I know, but Zac Taylor is in his second game as head coach. He has no offensive line, no linebackers, two secondary guys that are below average and he’s without his #1 WR.

The reasons he “gets it” are because he understands what it takes to coach in the modern day NFL. Everything he’s said up to this point has been a breath of fresh air. I don’t know what he’s results will be, but I truly believe the Bengals got this one right. Just as they got the Marvin hire right.

But if you’re going to criticize a coach in his 2nd game of his career, there’s really no point in responding to your posts.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 07:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred and In disagree on a bunch of stuff, but this is complete BS. Fred has been one of the most optimistic posters here and before for 15 years. 

No Fred just likes to argue. And the majority of postings on the board are just complainers who can't put together a decent argument. So Fred just plays devil's advocate and antagonizes people. I think his optimism is secondary in his posts.
Reply/Quote
People really seem to overrate press conferences. Saying all the right things doesn't actually mean anything. I'm hoping he can apply what he says to actual games. Theres 14 more games and plenty of time to do it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I like he's doing it, but i would rather he points fingers. This is a team on its 3rd losing season and with no sight of going the opposite direction. Its time to point out everyone's mistakes personally. The Cardinals sunk last season but this season put a fight vs the ravens, while we capitulated embarrassingly vs the niners. Stay tune i guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 07:47 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: What was this team last year? Where did we really improve? It's week 2... the team is pretty consistent to last year.

It is week 2 give the man a chance to make a difference. Some of you just aren't human with your expectations. You can't snap your fingers and miraculously change reality... the Infinity Gantlet doesn't exist. This team isn't going undefeated, sorry. We still have some winnable games, and let's see the changes down the road.

No one cares for a sourpuss

Thanks for that ray of sunshine. Basically, the team is still as bad as last year, but give them time to improve.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 07:50 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This is a waste of time I know, but Zac Taylor is in his second game as head coach. He has no offensive line, no linebackers, two secondary guys that are below average and he’s without his #1 WR.

The reasons he “gets it” are because he understands what it takes to coach in the modern day NFL.  Everything he’s said up to this point has been a breath of fresh air.  I don’t know what he’s results will be, but I truly believe the Bengals got this one right. Just as they got the Marvin hire right.

But if you’re going to criticize a coach in his 2nd game of his career,  there’s really no point in responding to your posts.

Well the narrative on the board in the offseason was that Lewis and Company were so bad that any coach could come in and be an upgrade.

Now the narrative is, wow is the roster bad. No coach can succeed here. Give him time.

Typical shifting of the target after the arrow is launched.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy Zac is here. It's probably gonna take a 2-3 seasons with him at HC to really get things together and tightened up, but I couldn't be happier that Marv is gone. OP just goes to show that ZT is really trying hard to do things right.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 11:25 PM)Adamantium Wrote: I'm happy Zac is here. It's probably gonna take a 2-3 seasons with him at HC to really get things together and tightened up, but I couldn't be happier that Marv is gone. OP just goes to show that ZT is really trying hard to do things right.

It's funny. The offseason was 'Any coach will improve over Marvin'.

Now, it's going to take Taylor 2-3 years. The bad thing about 2-3 years is Geno, AJ, and Dunlap will essentially not be elite then. And odds of replacing them with equally elite players is low.
Reply/Quote