Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac has no plans to leave Cincinnati
Zac's name was brought up with the Univ of Nebraska's coaching position. In an interview with Huskeronline, Zac adamantly
ruled out any sort of greener pastures

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/02/17/bengals-coach-zac-taylor-says-hell-be-carried-out-in-a-casket/69913810007/

Quote:"They're gonna have to carry me out of here in a casket," Taylor said. "I love it. Just specifically, Cincinnati. It's a really good fit for my family and myself, and the other coaches, and the owners, and (Bengals Director of Player Personnel) Duke Tobin. I just can’t imagine myself anywhere else. They’ll have to kick me out of here."

Quote:"It's the same values that I grew up with in Norman (Oklahoma), and I spent time in Lincoln (Nebraska) and Kansas and the people are Midwestern people," he said. "I always thought I was from the Midwest and I've learned I'm not–this is the Midwest where I live now...but the people are very down to earth, hardworking, treat their neighbors the right way. That’s very much how the Brown and Blackburn family are with me. We just share values, constant communication, constant alignment... I know that’s special thing to have in this league. It’s not always that way, so I don’t take it for granted and just really enjoy it, and my family is really happy here as well.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Who would leave the Bengals for Nebraska? Can’t think of anything worse than sucking up to a bunch of 16 year olds.

Was he saying Cincinnati was more Midwest than Nebraska and Kansas?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Those were some high hopes from the Huskers. Thinking one of the youngest, best up and coming NFL Head Coaches would leave
one of the best teams in the NFL for their program simply because he played there lol
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati does seem like the perfect spot for Taylor because, while it's growing and becoming more modern, the entire Greater Cincinnati area isn't like a lot of big cities where you get swallowed up in the big city life.

Plus, he knows that he has two future Hall of Famers in Chase and Burrow, so it would be stupid to leave somewhere that you could win multiple Super Bowls and go down in history.
Reply/Quote
It’s not usually successful NFL head coaches that leave for NCAA.
Reply/Quote
Can't blame Nebraska for "swinging for the fence". Applaud them even.

Yet they should have waited for a pitch they could handle and have a better chance of driving it out of the park. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
After seeing Zac's locker room speeches, I bet he'd be one hell of a recruiter at the college level.

I'd want my son playing for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 06:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Who would leave the Bengals for Nebraska? Can’t think of anything worse than sucking up to a bunch of 16 year olds.

Was he saying Cincinnati was more Midwest than Nebraska and Kansas?

I heard they asked Belichick first, he turned them down, and they were waiting until after the SB to ask Andy Reid.  Im not sure they were serious about Zac, probably just fluff for the alumni since he played there.  I could see Parcells coming out of retirement for the job, I'm sure he would do fantastic sucking up to teenagers...

Reply/Quote
Why did Nebraska even call him?

They must be trying to make it look like they are trying to hire a good coach.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 02:27 AM)Housh Wrote: Why did Nebraska even call him?

They must be trying to make it look like they are trying to hire a good coach.

never know til you ask! 
maybe it was more of an ice-breaker conversation.

UN "hey you wanna come coach for us?"
ZT "aaaahhhh no"
UN "figured that would be your answer, can you give us any good recommendations?"
ZT "yea sure, no one from my staff"
UN "Dam"
Reply/Quote
Nebraska just hired a new HC like 6 weeks ago. Is this old news? Or is it fake news? Nebraska hasn’t been relevant since Tom Osborne.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 08:35 AM)basballguy Wrote: Nebraska just hired a new HC like 6 weeks ago. Is this old news? Or is it fake news? Nebraska hasn’t been relevant since Tom Osborne.

No it was this week when he joined Huskersonline. He did say similar things at the time of the Nebraska search.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Great ThumbsUp

I've done a complete 180 degrees on Zac, I hope he's here for quite some time.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 11:44 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: After seeing Zac's locker room speeches, I bet he'd be one hell of a recruiter at the college level.

I'd want my son playing for him.

It's almost like he's using a bit of that college recruiting type stuff in Cincinnati. The first thing he did when he was hired, and I bet a lot have forgotten this, was remodel the entire facility. Much like a college would do to attract recruits. Landing free agents is similar.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nebraska football people out of touch with reality??? No.

I mean these people fired Bo Pelini who won like 9 or 10 games a year in snowy boring Lincoln. They should've built him a statue instead.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 11:26 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great ThumbsUp

I've done a complete 180 degrees on Zac, I hope he's here for quite some time.

I think it’s naive to think that Zac was prepared to be a head coach like a long time coordinator or someone like Frank Reich who had previous head coaching experience. He was going to be a work in progress. He got a late start on assistants and late starts on FA and the draft. He probably didn’t get a thorough evaluation of his roster. Then he ran into a culture that a young inexperienced coach replacing a popular experienced one. The staff had no continuity. Some around here were convinced the 2017 Bengals just needed a new coach. The roster was awful ( mostly because of aging stars disinterested & used to accepting losing).

The next year they showed life but brutalized with injuries. Injuries can effect teams. Baltimore in 2021. LA Rams this year. But he had a solid plan and vision. He’s excellent evaluating coaches ( minus Jim Turner his FIL’s relative). Things fell into place.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 01:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's almost like he's using a bit of that college recruiting type stuff in Cincinnati. The first thing he did when he was hired, and I bet a lot have forgotten this, was remodel the entire facility. Much like a college would do to attract recruits. Landing free agents is similar.

Been amazing the turn around Zac has done here, he knows what he is doing and should just get better at it.

Speaking of Nebraska, man that Frost dude sure went from being a damn good HC at UCF to always losing the close games there...

Thinking he kind of wished he stayed at UCF lol
Reply/Quote
  Without reading everyone else's responses and I'm sure someone mentioned this but.....

If Joe Burrow is your QB, why would you leave for any other job in the world?    

Zac has a great QB, he's in a great spot.  Why would he go anywhere else?  
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 04:10 PM)ladeda Wrote:   Without reading everyone else's responses and I'm sure someone mentioned this but.....

If Joe Burrow is your QB, why would you leave for any other job in the world?    

Zac has a great QB, he's in a great spot.  Why would he go anywhere else?  

If you had a chance to win the most prestigious trophy in professional sports (sorry NHL, if you were more popular i would agree with the Stanley Cup), why would you?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote