Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac in Coaching Purgatory
If he wins, he’s hurting our draft status.
If he loses, it proves he’s a bum.

At least he ain’t as dumb as that Flores guy. He won 10 games and didn’t make the playoffs. They have a super high draft pick now, dummies!!

Ninja
Reply/Quote
The super high draft pick is from the Texans and Dolphins fans are not happy with him and Tua right now. https://finheaven.com/forums/miami-dolphins-forum.4/
Some believe he won't even make it to 4 years in Miami.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:51 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: The super high draft pick is from the Texans and Dolphins fans are not happy with him and Tua right now. https://finheaven.com/forums/miami-dolphins-forum.4/
Some believe he won't even make it to 4 years in Miami.

Whoops, I said high but meant low. They are slotted at 18. Forgot about that pick from the Texans though, that worked out well for them.
Reply/Quote
If we keep Zac for 2021, his entire coaching staff is going to be in purgatory. Good luck getting anyone of note to sign on with a guy on such a hot seat. They probably aren't going to fire Lou because there's no one good who would take his place on a sinking ship.

I am clinging to the hope that Mike does the right thing and fires Zac, because going into 2021 with Zac and another patchwork coaching staff of castaways and malcontents that no one else in the NFL wanted will only waste another year of Burrow and our other young playmakers.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:53 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Whoops, I said high but meant low. They are slotted at 18. Forgot about that pick from the Texans though, that worked out well for them.

Fleecing Bill O'Brien has been very prosperous for many franchises.

Unfortunately, the Bengals didn't take a bite out of that apple before it was, rightly, thrown away by the Texans.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:46 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he wins, he’s hurting our draft status.

At least he ain’t as dumb as that Flores guy. He won 10 games and didn’t make the playoffs. They have a super high draft pick now, dummies!!

Ninja

I have hated the Texans for some time now....Baiting me to thinking they might actually win the game yesterday and move the Bengals to #4 on the draft board only further solidified my hatred.  They are firmly entrenched behind pitt.

That is saying something, as I think DeShawn Watson is awesome, both as a player and person.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Texans have no reason to exist. After the oilers left most just became Saints/Cowboys fans or followed the Titans to Tennessee.
I read somewhere they were the 3rd most popular team in Houston, that has probably changed because of the recent success but yeah.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we keep Zac for 2021, his entire coaching staff is going to be in purgatory. Good luck getting anyone of note to sign on with a guy on such a hot seat. They probably aren't going to fire Lou because there's no one good who would take his place on a sinking ship.

I am clinging to the hope that Mike does the right thing and fires Zac, because going into 2021 with Zac and another patchwork coaching staff of castaways and malcontents that no one else in the NFL wanted will only waste another year of Burrow and our other young playmakers.

Don’t look now, MB just released a statement on how they’ll be keeping Zac...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we keep Zac for 2021, his entire coaching staff is going to be in purgatory. Good luck getting anyone of note to sign on with a guy on such a hot seat. They probably aren't going to fire Lou because there's no one good who would take his place on a sinking ship.

Locked on Bengals implied that they're likely gonna bring on vets with connections to the org so if they start 1-6 or whatever next year it will be easier shitcan him
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:07 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don’t look now, MB just released a statement on how they’ll be keeping Zac...

Jesus ***** Christ...
Reply/Quote
I wish I still lived in cincy so I could throw trash on his lawn like Palmer
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:46 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: If he wins, he’s hurting our draft status.

Ninja

Dolphins need more weapons, as they really just have Parker and Gesicki.
They drafted Austin Jackson last year, and Robert Hunt is a solid RT.
So I would expect they would go WR instead of OT at 3, but maybe they will take Sewell and push Hunt or Jackson inside to OG.

While Flores and the Dolphins didn't make the playoffs, they had a very good season and have a lot to build on going into 2021.

I'd much rather be in the Dolphins' shoes right now compared to the Bengals.

Regarding the Bengals, they have a lot of ways they can go, and FA will influence it.
If WJ3 walks, CB is very likely. We saw how the DBs performed without WJ3 and Alexander.
If Lawson walks, pass rush is a huge need. It's arguably still a big need even if Lawson is re-signed.
The OL is clearly a need unless they get studs in FA.
In a 3-WR offense and AJ Green likely leaving, the Bengals could use another good pass catcher. I would expect it would be WR, but I'd love Pitts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Ninja

Taylor made his bed long before this game. All those losses stack up. He's got the worst record in team history.

Reply/Quote
He hasn’t shown that he can be a successful HC in 2 years.

I think most nfl fan bases would think similarly, but for us our teams owner blamed us. It’s almost like he doesn’t want fans in seats next year.
Reply/Quote

Ninja

Don't start seasons 0-10 and 2-10-1 and then people won't be upset when you finally win a game or two.

Dolphins were playing for the playoffs until they lost Week 17. The Bengals were pretty much done from the get-go each of the last two seasons. Nobody is hoping for losses/draft status when you still have a chance at the postseason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He hasn’t shown that he can be a successful HC in 2 years.

I think most nfl fan bases would think similarly, but for us our teams owner blamed us. It’s almost like he doesn’t want fans in seats next year.

its the way the NFL is structured and how all  these teams (good and bad) all share the TV revenue which creates this situation with MB not really needing to win to be profitable. If the NFL were true franchises, Bengals would  not exist  as they would still need to pull their weight and the league would have either taken the team back or shut them down.   
Reply/Quote

Ninja

this final game  felt like the last 2 seasons of watching taylor coach rolled into 3 hours
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:10 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I wish I still lived in cincy so I could throw trash on his lawn like Palmer

Channel 5's Ken Broo talked to Palmer's neighbors and couldn't find anyone who saw trash on Palmer's lawn.  That story was made up by a poster on the Bengals board.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:25 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: Channel 5's Ken Broo talked to Palmer's neighbors and couldn't find anyone who saw trash on Palmer's lawn.  That story was made up by a poster on the Bengals board.

Probably the same guy that sits in front of the TV every Saturday night watching "All the Right Moves" and reliving his high school glory days.
Reply/Quote