Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac just isn't learning
(11-01-2022, 11:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jonah just needs more reps on the bosu ball with pool noodles smacking him...

I call out Jonah Williams out on here last year as he was getting Burrow killed all year,some of you on here may give me some credit on here,He is just not a top LT. He is not strong enough to play that position and it clearly shows and it did last year.A tight end has to help him constantly.We are in trouble as there is no one on the Ps to take his position.He is awlful and gets beat every game.And LT is way slow.This line is average at best/
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:02 AM)Housh Wrote: This is where I’ll disagree. I’m actually cutting Zac ALOT of slack on this because Iv wanted to see if it would work.

Just totally disregard the run, and run situationally(short downs) and then RANDOMLY sprinkle SOME runs in. Part of me feels like that would pressure the D more than just rushing 30 times no matter what. If we are passing like we did in Atlanta you can not guard that.

The strategy only becomes stupid when you can’t pass. Cause then you are just giving the other team the ball too quickly

Do you think it worked Monday night?  I would imagine calling a little more balanced offensive game plan would have worked better and our defense would be very pleased too.

When you don't run, you don't make defenders guess what type of play it is and it makes the play action fake completely useless.  The defenders essentially know it is a pass on 80% of the plays - that is not good unless you have an offensive line that is absolutely amazing.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 06:08 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I call out Jonah Williams out on here last year as he was getting Burrow killed all year,some of you on here may give me some credit on here,He is just not a top LT. He is not strong enough to play that position and it clearly shows and it did last year.A tight end has to help him constantly.We are in trouble as there is no one on the Ps to take his position.He is awlful and gets beat every game.And LT is way slow.This line is average at best/

He was the best player on a terrible line for years. Now he's the worst player on a below average line that would be average if he was better.

Teams last year attacked the other 4 lineman so he kind of looked better than he was.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was the best player on a terrible line for years. Now he's the worst player on a below average line that would be average if he was better.

Teams last year attacked the other 4 lineman so he kind of looked better than he was.

I’d argue Spain was better than Jonah last year until late in the season when he got hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d argue Spain was better than Jonah last year until late in the season when he got hurt.

That's certainly possible. I wish they kept Spain although Volson has been ok.
Reply/Quote
I see the amateur GMs and I once coached my son's pee-wee team coaches are out....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 07:46 PM)M.W. Wrote: Do you think it worked Monday night?  I would imagine calling a little more balanced offensive game plan would have worked better and our defense would be very pleased too.

When you don't run, you don't make defenders guess what type of play it is and it makes the play action fake completely useless.  The defenders essentially know it is a pass on 80% of the plays - that is not good unless you have an offensive line that is absolutely amazing.

Eff no.

But it worked against Atlanta

I’m
Fine with doing it but the line has to ball
-Housh
Reply/Quote
He’s our huckleberry. For a LONG time.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How do you know its him and not Duke? Or scouts?

The 1st year Zac was hear, they signed a bunch of scrubs from like the Giants and teams the coaches had been with.

His best traits was being so bad year 1 that they lucked into Burrow.
Then followed that up with Joe missing 1/2 a season to get Chase. I respect the roster and the culture Zac has helped establish, targeting team captains, etc. But some of his decision making is questionable at best....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 10:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I see the amateur GMs and I once coached my son's pee-wee team coaches are out....

Sorry, did you make a wrong turn on your way to the owners' meeting?
Reply/Quote
It's a mute point, ZT will never figure it out. He is who he is.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 02:19 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Like Zac as head coach not as a play caller.  The fact that we can’t  score points with Burrow ,Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, And Mixon is laughable.  The offense is awful at times even with Chase. Far as the line goes are we sure coaching and scheme isn’t the problem? We didn’t have the horses up front last year but Cappa, Karras and Collins have always been good run blockers now they stink all of a sudden ? Are we wasting the offensive line talent like we are the WR talent? Zero creativity, can’t stop  the pass rush how many screens has this team run this year? Fans crying we we run 3 receivers sets and need more WR’s. Get creative , Browns going Chubb behind center , extra offensive lineman in motion then down blocking LB’s , two back sets with Chubb and Hunt.

This^, there is a history of Zac as a play caller in college and the NFL - most of it is not very good.  Take away the Burrow checks to Chase on man go routes last season and Zac is below average in his career.  He will never be an Andy Reed.

IMO, he needs to relinquish play calling to Callahan and if that doesn't work fire him and find another OC.  Otherwise Zac is 100% responsible (I get the HC is where the buck stops) and if he is going to be the offense with all the supposed fire power then he needs to be replaced if it doesn't get better.  The Bills and Chiefs do not seem to conform to what the defense is giving them, Reed absolutely wants to set the tone so that defenses have to adjust to him.  In 8 games we have completed 2 long passes vs Cover 2 (ATL- Boyd, CLE - Hurst) on very few attempts.

I will also add that we do not have 3 WR1, they are still the best trio as each brings a different set of skills that blend well together with the right amount of athleticism and catching ability.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 12:51 PM)740Bengal Wrote: It's a mute* point, ZT will never figure it out. He is who he is.

*moot

I need all the "Zac sux" folks to look themselves in the mirror, ask themselves this question, and answer it honestly:

Would it be rational for a franchise that hadn't won a playoff game in 1/3 of a century to fire a young coach who took them to a Superbowl in only his 3rd year in charge?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: *moot

I need all the "Zac sux" folks to look themselves in the mirror, ask themselves this question, and answer it honestly:

Would it be rational for a franchise that hadn't won a playoff game in 1/3 of a century to fire a young coach who took them to a Superbowl in only his 3rd year in charge?

No but it would be rationale for him to look in the mirror and on his resume and GIVE UP play calling duties. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 01:44 PM)740Bengal Wrote: No but it would be rationale for him to look in the mirror and on his resume and GIVE UP play calling duties. 

Hypothetical question here. 

If you were a coach and you called plays that had openings but didn't succeed because someone's execution wasn't proper, would you feel like you needed to give up play calling? Or would you teach and expect the execution to get better going forward?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Zac doesn't make the defense overthink
Their responsibilities or assignments
You have to attack a defense mentality as well
As physically. Watched the Browns.
I saw one end around with one of the Trents.
After that. No creativity, nothing to occupy
The eyes of the defense
Zac thinks he is the smartest coach in the stadium
That's the issue.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 01:44 PM)740Bengal Wrote: No but it would be rationale for him to look in the mirror and on his resume and GIVE UP play calling duties. 

LOL. And do you have an idea how the dynamics and protocol work inside the Bengals organization? It's already been discussed that Callahan has a huge say in play calling as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 12:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not a single chance in hell this happens. Burrow is a Zac fan. 

Publicly maybe, but he’s no dummy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hypothetical question here. 

If you were a coach and you called plays that had openings but didn't succeed because someone's execution wasn't proper, would you feel like you needed to give up play calling? Or would you teach and expect the execution to get better going forward?

'member when Hue Jackson was too "cute"? Pepperidge Farms remembers. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: *moot

last year got him at least a decade more. thats how it works here. so it dont even make no sense to want a new coach till next decade anyways cause it aint happening. zac will probly still be coaching here when hes 50 at least.
Reply/Quote