Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Zac live presser
(12-13-2021, 05:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I will say, at least this guy holds himself accountable. He doesn't double down on his mistakes and admits when he's wrong.

Possibly he'll do the right thing and resign soon then.

(12-13-2021, 05:29 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Agree with this. He doesn’t make excuse.

I don't know, I've heard nothing but excuses for the guys since he arrived. Now he might not be one I hear them from, but there's been nothing but a parade of excuses from moment he was named the Bengals Head Coach. These date back to so many DCs declining the position. There were about a dozen who said no. It was shocking really. But I guess coaches knew better.

He's been given everything he's asked for by the front office.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:44 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Possibly he'll do the right thing and resign soon then.

I don't know, I've heard nothing but excuses for the guys since he arrived. Now he might not be one I hear them from, but there's been nothing but a parade of excuses from moment he was named the Bengals Head Coach. These date back to so many DCs declining the position. There were about a dozen who said no. It was shocking really. But I guess coaches knew better.

He's been given everything he's asked for by the front office.

agree 100% hes thrown a lot of folks under the bus too 
Reply/Quote
This is a good point that Burrow may have checked out of a run. To me once we got the ball in overtime I wanted us to score a TD and really thought we needed one to win. I just wish once we got down to the redzone with the Uzomah play we comitted to getting the touchdown. Whether that's leaving the ball in Burrow's hands. Or after we ran on 2nd down we committed to running the ball again and maybe even bring in an extra lineman even though that tips your hand.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 06:44 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is a good point that Burrow may have checked out of a run. To me once we got the ball in overtime I wanted us to score a TD and really thought we needed one to win. I just wish once we got down to the redzone with the Uzomah play we comitted to getting the touchdown. Whether that's leaving the ball in Burrow's hands. Or after we ran on 2nd down we committed to running the ball again and maybe even bring in an extra lineman even though that tips your hand.

What chaps my ass is it was a premeditated run. Burrow breaks the huddle and goes up for a quick silent snap. There was no reading the defense and adjusting the call. Burrow will talk about how often times he will have a couple plays and he can decide based on his read, however this was a run with no thinking involved. Taylor took the ball out of his player who had the hot hand. I still cannot get over it and I don’t know that I will. If we miss the playoffs by one game or so I will go back and reflect on ZT’s cowardness in OT. This is twice now he has settled in on the run in opposing team’s field position. Last time against Green Bay it was actually 3 straight runs to setup a missed FG. It’s like he is horrified of a Joe Burrow turnover so he takes it out of his hands.
Reply/Quote