Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac looked like he was done
(12-14-2020, 04:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Taylor was going to be fired today, Monday at 3pm.  But maybe they wait until end of year.

Dude he is not going anywhere.  Obviously you just don't know how this franchise operates.

The Browns have essentially the same team they did the year before and look completely different.  Why?  Kevin Stefanski > Freddie Kitchens.  Even the inept Browns cut bait with their bum after one year.

I give the Bengals credit for trying to at least find that next young mind.  Problem is they missed badly.  Will they admit it and move on from Zac?  Nope?  They are just not smart people.  We will be talking bout the same thing next year and it's a shame because we have a legit chance with Burrow.  He alone will make them better which the Bengals will see as progress and probably resign ZT for another 3 years.  PUKE!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope he's done
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Bengals losing out and the Browns making it to the playoffs will do the trick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 11:22 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Maybe the Bengals losing out and the Browns making it to the playoffs will do the trick.

Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Browns win a playoff game, too. If that doesn’t motivate Mike to go all in before it’s too late I don’t know what will.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Browns win a playoff game, too. If that doesn’t motivate Mike to go all in before it’s too late I don’t know what will.

I'm hoping the Steelers curb stomp us like 56-0. Perhaps that will open MB's eyes to what a facade this coaching staff is.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 11:22 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Maybe the Bengals losing out and the Browns making it to the playoffs will do the trick.

was hoping daltons final gift to the city was to send Taylor packing....
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Dude he is not going anywhere.  Obviously you just don't know how this franchise operates.

The Browns have essentially the same team they did the year before and look completely different.  Why?  Kevin Stefanski > Freddie Kitchens.  Even the inept Browns cut bait with their bum after one year.

I give the Bengals credit for trying to at least find that next young mind.  Problem is they missed badly.  Will they admit it and move on from Zac?  Nope?  They are just not smart people.  We will be talking bout the same thing next year and it's a shame because we have a legit chance with Burrow.  He alone will make them better which the Bengals will see as progress and probably resign ZT for another 3 years.  PUKE!

IMHO, I think you're wrong.  I don't think they have any choice.

When people point to Dave Shula they forget that we were only 5 years removed from real success, not 30.  Nor was there the amount of scrutiny (24 hour news, the internet, social media) that there is now.  Not to mention the fact that even Dave Shula had more success than Zac Taylor.

I could be wrong (I hope I'm not).  Maybe they do bring him back.  But it would be an absolute PR disaster, and maybe the worst business decision in the franchise's history.  They'd be begging to lose millions up million of dollars next season in lost attendance, and for ridicule and disdain like we've never seen before.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 10:30 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Past decade?  Try for the past THREE decades.  Even with Marvin here the Bengals were a joke because they couldn’t win a playoff game.  That Steelers game when Joey Porter came on the field was a disaster.  The Brown family have no pride in their product.  It’s like during the eighties when Ford and GM made crappy cars.  They racked in a ton of money.  Ford and GM got serious about the quality of their product when Honda and Toyota took market share and profits away.  

Brown family makes money regardless if they win or lose.  Product quality is irrelevant as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not going to deny that they have not had trouble with this franchise since the 90's and so on. Now they have built some good rosters in past but have not spent the money on the right asserts or brought in the right coaching staff to get them over the hump. Players have noticed it and the fans. Goes along with saying why some of them in the past have asked to be traded or left. We definitely have let some great players leave in free agency and coaches. We have also held onto certain players for way too long and coaches. This has all been a repetitive process over and over. You see this with other franchises and smaller market teams. But real owners and staff overcome these obstacle's when they have a great plan and execute this plan over and over every year, day in and day out to build success.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Dude he is not going anywhere.  Obviously you just don't know how this franchise operates.

Mike Brown and Duke Tobin fell into the trap of trying to find a young coach. I believe that was a fatal mistake for the Cincinnati Bengals. If you are going to rebuild a team you’re going to need experience, not someone who has never done this job before. I hope the next head coach will be older and more experienced, preferably someone who has won at the highest levels in the past and/or who built a team from scratch before.

Back in 2003 the Front Office actually did it right! The head-coaching job came down to two candidates: Marvin Lewis and Tom Coughlin. Both men knew what championship football looked like.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:48 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Have to say that today for the first time in his interview after the game, Zac looked like he was done.
I've saw most of his previous interviews after games and he always still sounded like he believed he could turn this round but not today.
I honestly don't think it will be long before he is gone, I don't think he will get fired but I honestly think he will walk

The Snake Oil Salesman is being forced to take his own medicine. It's left an awful taste in everyone else's mouths for the year and a half. Finally he's taken some himself.

We should all send in counterfeit pink slips to the entire coaching staff. It would be a deserved Christmas present to all the fans, and the players as well, even if some of them won't realize it yet.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 02:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: We should all send in counterfeit pink slips to the entire coaching staff. It would be a deserved Christmas present for all the fans and the players, as well, even if some of them won't realize it yet.

I'm on board.  It would save me a lot of money from that decapitated horse head I was planning on having delivered.  The shipping alone would have killed me. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Zac should not only look done, he should be done!

Both interim HC's this year - Crennel, 9 games and Morris, 8 games - already have as many wins as Zac does in 2 years. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 12:07 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Zac has pretty much complete control of this roster. The free agency signings, the draft picks, the assistant coaches he hired... and he’s failing at a historic rate. Why do you feel bad for him?

Cuz, I believe he really wants to win bad. It's just not in the cards here....
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is not an ingredient in the recipe for success.

Unless you're trying to make a shit sandwich.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Browns won't fire Zac before the end of this season. They absolutely have to fire him after the season ends, preferably on the Monday after. If they don't do this and let him begin next season, they'll be under intense pressure to fire him in the middle of a season WHEN he still can't win. They'll finish with an interim coach, all but ensuring another lost season.

Save us the trouble and just make the change this off-season. However, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they screw up what seems to be an obvious decision.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 02:39 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There was an article that came out that said all of the 2019 coaching hires signed 5 year deals.

I can see it possibly for the HC (a good one. ZT could have been had for 3), but the assistants too. 

If this is the case then we can forget about anything changing going into next year. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 08:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can see it possibly for the HC (a good one. ZT could have been had for 3), but the assistants too. 

If this is the case then we can forget about anything changing going into next year. 

I could have sworn it was a 3-year contract for ZT, but I can't find it anywhere right now with a quick search.  I did see someone edited his Wikipedia page to say he was fired after the 2020 season, which made me smile.  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 11:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping the Steelers curb stomp us like 56-0. Perhaps that will open MB's eyes to what a facade this coaching staff is.

It’s weird, but I agree. I have never actively wanted this team to lose. I dislike Zac so much that I hope the Steelers absolutely embarrass the Bengals on national television. I want it to be painful and awful to watch. If the Bengals lost to the Steelers 56-0 while the Browns are fighting for the division, I would feel confident that MB understands that Zac needs to go.
Reply/Quote
You guys new to being Bengals fans? Sensible moves do not happen here.
Reply/Quote
I feel like its Zac or Jay Gruden next year.
Reply/Quote