Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac on what goes wrong with the offense in the 3rd quarter:
This dude is looking worse and worse all the time. We would be stupid to keep him and his band of losers another year.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:29 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I feel bad for MB honestly.  I know we all give him endless crap, and he's not been a good leader since he stepped in and has deserved tremendous blame over the years.  But he's getting old, he can't be that long for this earth, and you know he wants to see a winner.  I'm sure that however great all of our 20/20 hindsight is on why Zac wasn't a good hire that the collective family (and Tobin) group thought that Zac could take the team somewhere.  Watching two seasons of this BS has to be weighing on him as he figures out how to fix this.  Whether to give Taylor another year or two to finish whatever plan he had, or whether to make a change and possibly reset the 3-year clock.  It's an easy decision for all of us to make, and yes, teams can turn it around in a year or two with the right coaches to help cover weaknesses and utilize strengths.  But I'm sure it tortures MB's mind a bit to decide what to do next.  So we can give him all the crap we want, but I still feel bad for him.  

Unlike you, i couldn't give two shits about his feelings. 

From the moment he took over this team, his first major decision and every decision after that, he's always done it wrong and for 30 years, long before his 'twilight years' he was a super shitty, egotistical, hard-headed buffoon. 

**** him and the horse he rode in on. You'll get no flowers from me, nudnik. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:29 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I feel bad for MB honestly.  I know we all give him endless crap, and he's not been a good leader since he stepped in and has deserved tremendous blame over the years.  But he's getting old, he can't be that long for this earth, and you know he wants to see a winner.  I'm sure that however great all of our 20/20 hindsight is on why Zac wasn't a good hire that the collective family (and Tobin) group thought that Zac could take the team somewhere.  Watching two seasons of this BS has to be weighing on him as he figures out how to fix this.  Whether to give Taylor another year or two to finish whatever plan he had, or whether to make a change and possibly reset the 3-year clock.  It's an easy decision for all of us to make, and yes, teams can turn it around in a year or two with the right coaches to help cover weaknesses and utilize strengths.  But I'm sure it tortures MB's mind a bit to decide what to do next.  So we can give him all the crap we want, but I still feel bad for him.  

I agree. Mike Brown isn’t an idiot and he does want to win. He just isn’t good at running the team. Just imagine wanting to succeed at something, only to fail. From firing Wyche, the lost decade, striking the proverbial gold with Marvin Lewis only for strokes of bad luck to take away successes in his tenure. Now, Taylor has brought back the misery of the 90’s. It has to be pretty to deal with.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:41 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree. Mike Brown isn’t an idiot and he does want to win. He just isn’t good at running the team. Just imagine wanting to succeed at something, only to fail. From firing Wyche, the lost decade, striking the proverbial gold with Marvin Lewis only for strokes of bad luck to take away successes in his tenure. Now, Taylor has brought back the misery of the 90’s. It has to be pretty to deal with.

Most people who fail at something change strategies. They'd hire a gm. More scouts, etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Most people who fail at something change strategies. They'd hire a gm. More scouts, etc.

Oh I agree. He is a failure as an owner/GM/whatever he is. He is stubborn. I am just saying that it has to be tough to deal with.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Unlike you, i couldn't give two shits about his feelings. 

From the moment he took over this team, his first major decision and every decision after that, he's always done it wrong and for 30 years, long before his 'twilight years' he was a super shitty, egotistical, hard-headed buffoon. 

**** him and the horse he rode in on. You'll get no flowers from me, nudnik. 

I mean, if someone knows they're incompetent and still insists on calling the shots, it's hard to feel sorry for them. His stubbornness, cluelessness and just being out of touch with the rest of the league has cost this franchise for decades. Mike has no one to blame but Mike. I mean how much does it really 'weigh on his mind' if he refuses to truly step aside, hire a real GM, increase the scouting department...and then chuckles at fans and media who question him about those things?

I've always said I think Mike would like to win. Most people would rather win than lose. The problem is his 'desire' to win. I don't think it's nearly as high as some people want to give him credit for. He's not willing to put his own ego aside to let a qualified person runs things. He would rather insulate himself with family and friends that are just as unqualified as him...even if it means they continue to be the laughing stock of NFL front offices. To me, that's doesn't show a passion to win...it shows a comfortability with failure because he doesn't want to admit the family is the main problem.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:47 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh I agree. He is a failure as an owner/GM/whatever he is. He is stubborn. I am just saying that it has to be tough to deal with.

They shift metrics. They make a profit. Then they zoom in on what they do well...like Model Model. They deluded themselves into thinking other teams copied them because they made the playoffs 5 years in a row.

They're probably telling themselves that this down period comes after success and that they made the playoffs 5 times in 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:41 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree. Mike Brown isn’t an idiot and he does want to win. He just isn’t good at running the team. Just imagine wanting to succeed at something, only to fail. From firing Wyche, the lost decade, striking the proverbial gold with Marvin Lewis only for strokes of bad luck to take away successes in his tenure. Now, Taylor has brought back the misery of the 90’s. It has to be pretty to deal with.

But, that sort of does mean he's an idiot...at least in terms of being an NFL owner. If you suck as bad as he has, and you refuse address that reality, even though it continues to hurt your franchise...I'm not sure what else you would call it?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:06 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: But, that sort of does mean he's an idiot...at least in terms of being an NFL owner. If you suck as bad as he has, and you refuse address that reality, even though it continues to hurt your franchise...I'm not sure what else you would call it?

Yeah. He has that small market mindset like baseball too despite revenue sharing and all the other devices in the NFL that are setup for parity.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:54 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I mean, if someone knows they're incompetent and still insists on calling the shots, it's hard to feel sorry for them. His stubbornness, cluelessness and just being out of touch with the rest of the league has cost this franchise for decades. Mike has no one to blame but Mike. I mean how much does it really 'weigh on his mind' if he refuses to truly step aside, hire a real GM, increase the scouting department...and then chuckles at fans and media who question him about those things?

I've always said I think Mike would like to win. Most people would rather win than lose. The problem is his 'desire' to win. I don't think it's nearly as high as some people want to give him credit for. He's not willing to put his own ego aside to let a qualified person runs things. He would rather insulate himself with family and friends that are just as unqualified as him...even if it means they continue to be the laughing stock of NFL front offices. To me, that's doesn't show a passion to win...it shows a comfortability with failure because he doesn't want to admit the family is the main problem.

Yep. He's only willing to win if it's done his way and he's convinced that his way will work...some day. "It just has to...evenutally, right?"--Mike Brown.

His whole belief is that eventually, no matter how he does it, it has to work once. 

Law of large numbers. Mike Brown defies it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 09:11 PM)Destro Wrote: He's looking for coins.

One of the funniest things I've ever read on here.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:06 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: But, that sort of does mean he's an idiot...at least in terms of being an NFL owner. If you suck as bad as he has, and you refuse address that reality, even though it continues to hurt your franchise...I'm not sure what else you would call it?

He can be an idiot and I can still feel bad for him.  He obviously didn't inherit the football greatness genes of his father, who was an innovator in the game.  Mike picked up on whatever he picked up on and stuck with it because it's what he knew or thought was right or whatever.  There are plenty of people in this world who are well-meaning but fall short.  While I blame MB for the last 30 years of nightmares, I still think he wants to make this work and I hope it does before he isn't here to see it.  

I also don't really believe at all that he's truly calling the shots any more.  With Tobin in there and Katie and the rest of the clan, I think there's much more of a committee these days.  And while I suspect MB has to rubber stamp whatever the rest of them want to do, I'm sure after all these years they know how to push him.  

Let's consider this for just a second...  Tobin is considered to be the GM, even if not titled as such.  He's been in the org for years, has MB's ear every day.  Do you think that Tobin is those meetings telling Brown that they need to hire a GM?  Do you think he's sitting there effectively telling his boss that he doesn't know how to do his job?  I put plenty of the Years of Futility on MB's head, but he's in his sunset years now and I don't think he's necessarily got people around him that are helping him make any better decisions, either.
Reply/Quote

Is this serious? 

Mike Brown has had AMPLE opportunity to do it a better way but he continued to choose "his way". I don't feel sorry for him in the least. His stubbornness and inability to change his ways to do things "better" are the ONLY reasons why he hasn't seen a playoff win in like 30 years. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is this serious? 

Mike Brown has had AMPLE opportunity to do it a better way but he continued to choose "his way". I don't feel sorry for him in the least. His stubbornness and inability to change his ways to do things "better" are the ONLY reasons why he hasn't seen a playoff win in like 30 years. 

Some people don't know how to get out of their own way.  I'm not saying I'd buy the guy a beer, but I feel bad that he could die without ever seeing the team reach the highest point of success.  I think he's been super stubborn, refused to change with the rest of the league and has been the single accountable source for the lack of success since he took over.  But I don't see why or how that means someone can't feel bad for someone who's too bad to even realize they're bad.  

I feel bad for all of the Bengals fans, too.  How can any of us keep coming back to this year after year?  Always being optimistic or hopeful that the next season things would change.  Are we really any different than Mike? 
Reply/Quote
What's scary is Troy Blackburn already gives off the impression of being worse.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:42 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: One of the funniest things I've ever read on here.   Hilarious

Thanks.  Rock On  This team has me delirious, too.
Reply/Quote