Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official New coaches announcement
Steve Jackson Secondary/CB coach is gone

The team is adding to the OL staff so there will now be 2 assistants

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hired Dwight Schrute as the Assistant to the Regional Offensive Line Coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 05:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hired Dwight Schrute as the Assistant to the Regional Offensive Line Coach.

Assistant Regional Offensive Line Coach.
Reply/Quote
Lou was an assistant coach under Bettcher when he was DC for the Giants ('18-'19).  Bettcher was also Defensive Coordinator for the Cardinals ('15-'17).

The 3 seasons that Bettcher was DC for the Cards the defense ranked in the top 6 every year in fewest yards allowed.
Reply/Quote
Bettcher:

“You see a team that's young, dynamic and growing and you see a head coach in Coach (Zac) Taylor and you see how he's built it and you see it on tape," Bettcher says. "I watch everything. All three phases. You see a team that plays with a bunch of energy, a team that plays really hard, plays with a lot of grit and finds a way to win close games. It's a reflection of Coach and what he's built over time.”
Reply/Quote
Having multiple assistants on the OL coaching staff is a good thing. Willie has been pushing for this for a while. Both for the Bengals and other teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Derek Frazier was the OL coach at CMU that convinced Bernard Raimann to convert from TE to OT. I’ve seen several mocks with him going at 31.
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/new-bengals-cb-coach-burks-books-unlikely-path-to-nfl-up-and-coming-star
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 10:49 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Bettcher:

“You see a team that's young, dynamic and growing and you see a head coach in Coach (Zac) Taylor and you see how he's built it and you see it on tape," Bettcher says. "I watch everything. All three phases. You see a team that plays with a bunch of energy, a team that plays really hard, plays with a lot of grit and finds a way to win close games. It's a reflection of Coach and what he's built over time.”

Man, I am seeing big things from this Defense in the future and the Linebackers specifically after the Bettcher hire.

Absolutely love this guy. Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 12:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/new-bengals-cb-coach-burks-books-unlikely-path-to-nfl-up-and-coming-star

Damn.  Things like reading books or playing piano just make coaches weak.
Reply/Quote