Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac provedaginst cards he can still call a good game
Bengals won by 14 after failing to score on 1st and goal, but then getting a pick 6 and later throwing a bomb to Chase. Defense finally gets to play with a lead. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, 5 playoff wins, 2 AFCCGs and a Super Bowl. We're all sitting here waiting on him to prove himself....Facepalm

Bengals defense has gotten 13 turnovers in those two playoff runs of 7 games and yet the Bengals offense averaged only 22.4 points, with over 8 points per game of that 22.4 being McPherson's 19 FGs.

That's not impressive for an offense with Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and supposedly Mixon.

Bengals were carried in the playoffs by defense (only allowing 18.9 points per game) and FGs (19/19).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, 5 playoff wins, 2 AFCCGs and a Super Bowl. We're all sitting here waiting on him to prove himself....Facepalm

I thought the one thing the board agreed on was the defense has carried the team in the playoffs. Or at the very least the offense hasn't played up to it's potential. I don't even think there's an argument to be made otherwise.

But for the sake of taking your post seriously and not just a post to disagree with me just for the sake of disagreeing with me, I didn't say Zac had to prove himself as a HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
And as Paul Harvey used to say…. The rest of the story as we look at the last 2 years final 4 teams. The real story is this.

Final ‘22 OL Rankings
Philly #1
KC # 4
SF #7
Cincy #28

Final ‘22 Points Per Play
KC #1
Philly #2
SF #4
Cincy #8

Final ‘21 Offensive Line Rankings
SF #3
KC #5
LA Rams #7
Cincy #20

Final ‘21 Points Per Play
KC #4
LA Rams #7
Cincy #8
SF #13
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zac is what he is.

A guy with a lot of ideas, that is helped greatly by having a MVP level QB.

I still cannot say he’s a great play caller because imo he isn’t but just because you aren’t overly
Good at something doesn’t mean you suck. I don’t think we’ll ever lose a game solely on his playcalling but his playcalling doesn’t help the team as much as it should when you have this roster
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 07:40 AM)Housh Wrote: Or he’s been calling the same plays all along and Burrow just didn’t suck today lol

Too true, but I also think it's about consistency. I thought Zac called a pretty decent game against the Rams, given Burrow's limitations. Then, against the Titans, it all went to hell in a handbasket and that's with a week of Burrow getting healthier. 

So after what I, too, thought was a well-called game against the Cardinals it really is time for Zac to put together back to back positive games. 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
There's very few plays where I say to myself "wow he was schemed wide open" watching the Bengals. It's mostly "Wow, x player made a really good play". I've watched plenty of other teams and thought to myself the former way more often.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:12 PM)Housh Wrote: Zac is what he is.

A guy with a lot of ideas, that is helped greatly by having a MVP level QB.

I still cannot say he’s a great play caller because imo he isn’t but just because you aren’t overly
Good at something doesn’t mean you suck. I don’t think we’ll ever lose a game solely on his playcalling but his playcalling doesn’t help the team as much as it should when you have this roster

I say it's hard to judge Zac as a playcaller for 2 reasons: the playcaller-by-committee approach we use and we don't know every time Burrow changes the play on the field. 

I personally think we switch to 1 playcaller and sink or swim with him and if it's sink, we replace them. If that means Zac no longer calls plays, so be it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Legit googled "provedaginst cards" to see if this was some coaches hobby or trend that i missed Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 07:08 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Prior to Cards game his playcalling/game management have been poor. He finally showed he was capable of calling a good NFL game again. Maybe if we get more of this Zac yesterday as opposed to the first 4. We win the North and maybe even win the SB this year.

Playcallers are only as good as the execution of the players. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 06:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playcallers are only as good as the execution of the players. 

Yeah I’m the one that made the Zac thread in the politic section so everyone knows I’m iffy on him and even i can’t judge his playcalling with how bad Burrow was
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'm glad Zac "proved it" to some board members.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

I've been wondering if we ever get the Oline fixed if he wouldn't be more inclined to use under center. I mean right now and in the past it may well be he's afraid to turn his back to the rush?

Agree that the O-line has not been good enough in Burrow's tenure to make him comfortable under center. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote