Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac's Press Conference 2/16
(02-16-2022, 04:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is why people like Eli Apple and Vernon Hargreaves will always land on a team (while they still rely on natural athleticism)

I just can't pass up an opportunity to hate on Eli

Like him or not, Apple actually went from not just landing on a team but elevated his status to a real starter/rotation guy.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 04:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fair point, but some of our OL are so bad I'm okay if Zac scorched earths the freaking bridges to the Stone Age.  Hilarious

LoL, you ain't lying....

(02-16-2022, 04:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is why people like Eli Apple and Vernon Hargreaves will always land on a team (while they still rely on natural athleticism)

I just can't pass up an opportunity to hate on Eli

Hate away!!!! I'm thinking ol Vernon got himself the axe.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was pretty much expected. Much as losing like that hurt like H*** the city is still on a high as evidenced by the celebratory getting the team got when they returned. Zac needed not to be a wet blanket right now in public and did that.

Privately I REALLY hope they are looking hard at their players (for upgrades especially on OL) and schemes (to install missing elements like a screen game) so next year the offense holds its end up. In fact, I would like them to look long and hard at the players and ensure the schemes (like the wide zone) fit the players.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are some that are more candid than others.

some have years and years of capital built up that allows them the longer leash.  A Bill Belichick or Mike Tomlin can get away with saying stuff that virtually no other coach in the league can

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 04:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: It was pretty much expected. Much as losing like that hurt like H*** the city is still on a high as evidenced by the celebratory getting the team got when they returned. Zac needed to to be a wet blanket right now in public and did that.

Privately I REALLY hope they are looking hard at their players (for upgrades especially on OL) and schemes (to install missing elements like a screen game) so next year the offense holds its end up. In fact, I would like them to look long and hard at the players and ensure the schemes (like the wide zone) fit the players.

considering what we saw happen between year 2 and year 3, I can't imagine any reason they wouldn't be as aggressive in year 4.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I appreciated the fact that Zac went out of his way to thank or give credit to what seemed like everyone in the building.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 04:25 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Like him or not, Apple actually went from not just landing on a team but elevated his status to a real starter/rotation guy.

Rotation that’s it. Maybe starting for Jac
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:16 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Here comes the "the o-line got us to the Super Bowl" rationale we know and love.

A coach who throws his players under the bus in public will lose his players.

Only a fool would not work hard to improve that OLine, but he's not going to come out and trash his players.  If you think he would, then you really don't know much about motivating people.
Reply/Quote