Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac's team rules
Yeah it does.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: #1 covers just about everything

Second rule is one of my rules. Be places on ***** time. I hate having to wait on people to start things as if i didn’t send the same start time to everybody
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 07:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ve employed over 500 people in my lifetime and was on Nike’s inaugural customer service national board so you’d be wrong.

I have no idea if this is true, but if it is you stunk at your job.

You just posted a link for management principles and claimed it was for the Bengal players.  I don't even think you read it.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 07:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And yes that link was to try to explain to you what protect the team meant which it went way over your head.

I don't think you even read it.

Do you know what the concept of a "filter" is?  It is a management tool that limits the flow of information to all employees.  You think that is what Zac wants his players to do?

Players are not in charge of developing and implementing the schemes.  That is the coaches jobs.  The players can't take ownership of that.  

Everything in the article you linked was directed at management instead of players.  If you can't grasp that then I seriously doubt you ever managed anyone.  You can make any claim you want on the internet, but the facts right in front of my face show that you don't even understand the concepts in the article you posted.  You just googled "protect the team" and posted the link you found. 
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 08:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no idea if this is true, but if it is you stunk at your job.

You just posted a link for management principles and claimed it was for the Bengal players.  I don't even think you read it.

I know this will mean nothing to you, but perhaps others will appreciate it.

The message is vague by design. By doing this you allow the organization (team) to take ownership of the message.

For example, I tell you to "Protect the team from Monkey Pox" you get little ownership in the process; I have told you exactly what to do. So then the team gets an outbreak of Covid, and the players can say: "You didn't say jack about Covid".

It's the point the article tried to convey by referencing Ladders

Now there's a chance this went over your head, but there's a better chance you feign ignorance. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For example, I tell you to "Protect the team from Monkey Pox" you get little ownership in the process; I have told you exactly what to do. So then the team gets an outbreak of Covid, and the players can say: "You didn't say jack about Covid".

The "I" in this sentence is management, not the players.

I am not the one with a simple concept going over my head.  When Zac talked about "protect the team" he was talking about rules for his players.  the someone googled "protect the team" and started talking about management techniques because he doesn't understand the difference.

The "protection" that this article is discussing is limiting information from certain team members.  Most of it involves modes of communication between different levels within the team and also with clients and customers.  None of it applies in any way to a football team.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 08:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no idea if this is true, but if it is you stunk at your job.

For 33 years I guess. LOL Don’t worry I’d have canned your rear the first day for horrible lack of common sense
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you even read it.

Do you know what the concept of a "filter" is?  It is a management tool that limits the flow of information to all employees.  You think that is what Zac wants his players to do?

Players are not in charge of developing and implementing the schemes.  That is the coaches jobs.  The players can't take ownership of that.  

Everything in the article you linked was directed at management instead of players.  If you can't grasp that then I seriously doubt you ever managed anyone.  You can make any claim you want on the internet, but the facts right in front of my face show that you don't even understand the concepts in the article you posted.  You just googled "protect the team" and posted the link you found. 

I did not represent that that article and every word in it applied to the Bengals. It’s a simple concept. Make sure that in everything you do that it won’t harm the team/franchise. It’s about doing the right thing and that everything you do reflects on the team.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  It’s a simple concept. Make sure that in everything you do that it won’t harm the team/franchise. 

That could include covering up a crime in order to protect a star player.

Or maybe just a horrible accident.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I did not represent that that article and every word in it applied to the Bengals.

But you suggested some did and I don't see them.

That entire article was about management tools.  None of it would apply to teammates.

It just happened to contain the phrase "protect the team" so it popped up on google.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That could include covering up a crime in order to protect a star player.

You don’t get it that’s fine. It’s simple you try to make it complex . It isn’t

Reply/Quote
A couple questions:

Does a curious omission mean they CAN talk about Fight Club?

And is it just implied that we all "Hate the steelers"?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 12:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You don’t get it that’s fine. It’s simple you try to make it complex . It isn’t

If you really were in management then you would understand that "simple answers" never work for complicated issues.

Seriously, managers are more valuable because they deal with more complicated issues.  Who even needs management if they only have one rule?  Would you pay a consulting firm a million dollars to analyze your business and then issue a report that advises you to "Do a better job?"

Pithy aphorisms like "build a ladder" sound good on the internet but it is 100 times more complicated to actually accomplish.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From threats..

Now I wonder what he wants them to be on time for

LMAO!!! Hilarious

Man, Fred can confuse anything and everyone lol
Reply/Quote
It’s not hard . Wait… it’s not hard for most to understand

Reply/Quote
Zac is talking to the media and should have been vague. Certain he is much more specific with the team.

No company give their inner secrets out publicly while they are in the middle of building their empire and shouldn't.

Now some do it after the fact like the guy who revived the Seattle fish market and then wrote the book FISH about how he did it.

Really don't need our coach doing it so somebody can twist the words around, look what has happened with just a vague comment.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think so.

"Good" is an object of the verb "do".  Good is being done.

It is not an adverb describing how well the "doing" is being done.

Or I could be wrong.

you are wrong. 

things are 'good'.
things are done 'well'.
you are being a 'tool' in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 07:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: you are wrong. 

things are 'good'.
things are done 'well'.
you are being a 'tool' in this thread.

Actually I am correct

"Doing Good" Or "Doing Well"? Here’s The Difference (+10 Examples) (grammarhow.com)

BTW I will be the bigger man and not add a personal insult to my comment.

You are welcome.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That could include covering up a crime in order to protect a star player.

Would never happen if the star player was following Rule #1
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:22 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Would never happen if the star player was following Rule #1

This was a simple question and a simple answer by Zac. Fred Mertz wants to make it out as some emancipation proclamation. But he criticizes Zac at every chance. He’s like Archie Bunker always sour *****.

Reply/Quote