Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac taylor presser. LOGAN on pace to play!
(12-29-2021, 03:51 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: I really don’t notice what other teams do, but I thought it was negligent that he was playing on special teams.  He is a top 3 defender on this defense.  More injuries happen on kickoffs and punts then any other facet of the game.  Why risk him when his impact would be minimal.  That said he will probably need surgery in the off-season.  Very rarely do shoulder injuries heal on there on.  The recovery period on shoulder injuries that require surgery is around 6 months.
This is the most important game of the season, as long as he cannot damage the shoulder any worse, which is unlikely, it is about pain tolerance.  Play him, old school toughness.

He doesn't normally play special teams.  He was in for Markus Bailey who was hurt earlier in the game.  He fell badly on the shoulder. He wasn't hit crazily hard or anything. He just landed wrong. It could have happened playing his normal position.  It was just one of those things

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 04:27 PM)jason Wrote: They're both important... If we're "learning how to win" (which we hear after every loss), then we need to beat the big boys. But you're right Cleveland has our number the past 3 & 1/2 years. Heard tell that Baker's wife is claiming he's received death threats. If that's true, maybe he's checked out on the city and fans. I hope so because he morphs into Tom f'n Brady every time he sees us.

Also if the threats are true, stay trashy Cleveland. This is what Sam Wyche was referring to all those years ago. I can't stand Baker Mayfield, but you care too much about your favorite team if you're making threats.

I don't like Mayfield either, but he doesn't deserve death threats.

If so much of your identity is wrapped up in a sports team that you are willing to send people death threats, you need therapy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't like Mayfield either, but he doesn't deserve death threats.

If so much of your identity is wrapped up in a sports team that you are willing to send people death threats, you need therapy.

Yeah, thats screwed up. At least the worst we do is throw trash on the starting QB's lawn lol
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, thats screwed up. At least the worst we do is throw trash on the starting QB's lawn lol

Or harass his wife when she's shopping.  But really, we absolutely draw the line there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson was a FULL participant in practice today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think Wilson will be starting Sunday.Perfect timing.It sure would be nice if the Bengals get a win Sunday against the Chiefs.Can you imagine the headlines,and the press they would get if they do win,after coming off that dramatic super explosive game against the Ravens? Logan Wilson brings high energy to this defense,and it sort of spills over to the fest of the defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:58 PM)pally Wrote: Logan Wilson was a FULL participant in practice today

He's gonna play.. We all know it... Dude has heart...
Reply/Quote
He's been lifting so that shoulder must feel alot better. Nust have been a dislocation without any structural damage.

Logan Wilson at practice is great news.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:21 PM)Tony Wrote: For some reason the Browns scare me more than the chiefs. They have shut our offense down and we can't stop Chubb...

x2!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 05:58 PM)pally Wrote: Logan Wilson was a FULL participant in practice today

Wow. Great news I did not see that one coming!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:21 PM)Tony Wrote: For some reason the Browns scare me more than the chiefs. They have shut our offense down and we can't stop Chubb...

I've mentioned a few times the Browns are the AFCN team I would hate to see as a matchup in the playoffs.

That defensive line is the real deal with a true elite Edge Defender that can ruin your game plan in Miles Garrett. They also have a young talented secondary led by a shutdown corner in Denzel Ward. The Browns have several very good Running Backs that have one of the best offensive lines in football in front of them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I've mentioned a few times the Browns are the AFCN team I would hate to see as a matchup in the playoffs.

That defensive line is the real deal with a true elite Edge Defender that can ruin your game plan in Miles Garrett. They also have a young talented secondary led by a shutdown corner in Denzel Ward. The Browns have several very good Running Backs that have one of the best offensive lines in football in front of them.

Agreed. Browns in week 18 and Chargers in WC round are both games that scare me. Both can beat us in the trenches pretty soundly. Nobody else that we may realistically face before the divisional round really concern me the way those two do.

I wouldn’t say I’m more worried about Cleveland than KC but I don’t feel good about either game. Not expecting a win in either but both can happen if our team shows up and protects the football.
Reply/Quote
It's weeks like this I really wish we didn't shit the bed against the Jets and Bears.

Not to be a debbie downer but these next two weeks have me so ***** uneasy. It's sad that I see 0-2 as such a likely result.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's weeks like this I really wish we didn't shit the bed against the Jets and Bears.

Not to be a debbie downer but these next two weeks have me so ***** uneasy.  It's sad that I see 0-2 as such a likely result.

We had the Jets by 11 points in the fourth quarter, and if we just could have held on, they would have been passing out 'division champs' t-shirts and hats this past Sunday.  It'll be damn disappointing if, when the season ends, we've missed out on the division crown by one lousy game.  

We have to win Sunday and just end the mystery (misery?) already.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

This is excellent news!  Logan is way over due to an INT or 3!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's weeks like this I really wish we didn't shit the bed against the Jets and Bears.

Not to be a debbie downer but these next two weeks have me so ***** uneasy.  It's sad that I see 0-2 as such a likely result.

Deep down, we are all feeling this way at least a little bit, how could you not? We have seen this so many times. It's not like KC isn't the best team in the AFC and The Burrow Bengals are 0-3 against the browns or anything, to let doubt set in.. 
Reply/Quote
^Same. BUT most teams lost games they shouldn’t have. Sort of makes this a wash.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 08:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Agreed. Browns in week 18 and Chargers in WC round are both games that scare me. Both can beat us in the trenches pretty soundly. Nobody else that we may realistically face before the divisional round really concern me the way those two do.

I wouldn’t say I’m more worried about Cleveland than KC but I don’t feel good about either game. Not expecting a win in either but both can happen if our team shows up and protects the football.

I like the Chargers matchup for the Bengals. I know they have already beat the Bengals I just think if it was for the early turnovers going down 24 points quickly the Bengals could have run on that defense. 

To me the  Bills/Patriots or Colts would be tougher matchups.

Reply/Quote
I'll drink to this news,

Prost !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I've mentioned a few times the Browns are the AFCN team I would hate to see as a matchup in the playoffs.

Yeah, lets take care of the Chiefs so we can concentrate on that Juggernaut next year. I still think Burrow and the boys will 
want revenge after the last Browns game where they beat us down in our place even if we beat the Chiefs. Our guys want 
to beat the Browns badly, tough damn team made for the AFC North. That OL and DL are great and so is Chubb.

And yeah, Denzel Ward who is a shutdown corner.
Reply/Quote