Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac vs Marvin press conference
Just something that I took notice of, and it's really been rubbing me the wrong way.

Merv's pressers were fairly comical at times, especially towards the end. Ts, I give Marvin high praise in this regard. When asked the tough questions he never lied. He may have chuckled and sort of disregarded the question, but he didn't flat out lie.

Then we come to our current HC. He will look a person right in the eye, smile, then boldly lie without a single ounce of dignity. He just comes across as a straight up con artist IMHO. The way he handled questions regarding JB's injury was atrocious!

I bashed Marvin p!enty while he was here, but he is leaps and bounds ahead of Zac as a captain,leader, and HC.

I can't even watch one of Zac's pressers, anymore. Mr. Sunshine always seems to be pissing down everyone's back while claiming that it's raining.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Just something that I took notice of, and it's really been rubbing me the wrong way.

Merv's pressers were fairly comical at times, especially towards the end. Ts, I give Marvin high praise in this regard. When asked the tough questions he never lied. He may have chuckled and sort of disregarded the question, but he didn't flat out lie.

Then we come to our current HC. He will look a person right in the eye, smile, then boldly lie without a single ounce of dignity. He just comes across as a straight up con artist IMHO. The way he handled questions regarding JB's injury was atrocious!

I bashed Marvin p!enty while he was here, but he is leaps and bounds ahead of Zac as a captain,leader, and HC.

I can't even watch one of Zac's pressers, anymore. Mr. Sunshine always seems to be pissing down everyone's back while claiming that it's raining.

Sorry, don't see that at all.

Both are equally mediocre; one was just seemingly apathetic, while the other is trying to remain positive (Marv never remained positive).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, don't see that at all.

Both are equally mediocre; one was just seemingly apathetic, while the other is trying to remain positive (Marv never remained positive).

You and I both know that they shouldn't have had that kid throwing 50 times per game. Even with a good oline that's a lot of passes. Let alone trying to do it with a patchwork oline.

I just feel like he should take some responsibility for putting The Cincinnati Bengals #1 asset at risk. Millions of dollars wasted because his scheme and arrogance. 

Joe should have never been put in that situation. Now, it's " on to next year, again"? I really don't like having to take up for Marvin, but at least he didn't try to sugar coat things. And, he accepted responsibility for his mistakes.
Reply/Quote
Zack is a good guy from all accounts and is trying his best. He just isn't good no need to character assassinate the guy. Can we stop making people the devil because their not good at sports?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The only chance we had to be competitive was having Joe throw the ball 50 times a game. So I don't blame Taylor for doing that. If he had refused to let Joe throw enough to keep us in games you all would have been complaining about that.

As for press conferences ALL NFL coaches just spew coach speak. I never had a big problem with Marvin's and I don't have a big problem with Zac's. Coaches have to appear positive when things are bad. They don't gain anything by telling everyone their players all suck and the situation is hopeless.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Can we stop making people the devil because their not good at sports?

REP!!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You and I both know that they shouldn't have had that kid throwing 50 times per game. Even with a good oline that's a lot of passes. Let alone trying to do it with a patchwork oline.

I just feel like he should take some responsibility for putting The Cincinnati Bengals #1 asset at risk. Millions of dollars wasted because his scheme and arrogance. 

Joe should have never been put in that situation. Now, it's " on to next year, again"? I really don't like having to take up for Marvin, but at least he didn't try to sugar coat things. And, he accepted responsibility for his mistakes.

While I agree with that sentiment, the fact is he wasn't throwing it 50 times a game: average attempts were 40.4 a game.

That's less than Luck did in his rookie year, for all those that wanted to compare.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 03:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Zack is a good guy from all accounts and is trying his best. He just isn't good no need to character assassinate the guy. Can we stop making people the devil because their not good at sports?

He may be a good guy. I don't know. I just wish he would be a little more real in the face of adversity. There's a former NFL coach in Michigan that's been shaking the pom-poms for nearly a decade to no avail.

(11-25-2020, 03:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only chance we had to be competitive was having Joe throw the ball 50 times a game.  So I don't blame Taylor for doing that.  If he had refused to let Joe throw enough to keep us in games you all would have been complaining about that.

As for press conferences ALL NFL coaches just spew coach speak.  I never had a big problem with Marvin's and I don't have a big problem with Zac's.  Coaches have to appear positive when things are bad.  They don't gain anything by telling everyone their players all suck and the situation is hopeless.

I agree, somewhat. Ts, sometimes you just have to back up and punt. In football and n life. I just think there are other ways that they could have protected him. Play calling, scheme, ect.... Sometimes you just gotta punt the damn ball when you throw a rookie into the fire. I feel Zac should have adjusted his offense to protect Joe. Even if it means taking a smaller loss.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 02:17 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Just something that I took notice of, and it's really been rubbing me the wrong way.

in the grand scheme of things his demeanor in press conferences is not that important ....his coaching decisions and atrocious record are more than enough to rub me up the wrong way no matter how he is with the media.

The only thing in press conferences that did make me double take a bit,  was when he got a bit snippy about the questions on the OLine after the Burrow injury.....that struck me as tone deaf in the circumstances.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 04:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While I agree with that sentiment, the fact is he wasn't throwing it 50 times a game: average attempts were 40.4 a game.

That's less than Luck did in his rookie year, for all those that wanted to compare.

At LSU Joe Burrow had the best ratings when he threw 25-35 times per game.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 08:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: At LSU Joe Burrow had the best ratings when he threw 25-35 times per game.

Most players do, normally u are throwing more when behind consistent un down and distance and in games and defenses have advantage. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 08:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: At LSU Joe Burrow had the best ratings when he threw 25-35 times per game.

Yep, you have to have balance
Reply/Quote