Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac wants to blame...
(09-19-2022, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not himself for the incredibly predictable play calling but, The refs!  For missing a call on a Dallas punt in the 4th quarter, a punt that led to the only Bengals TD drive of the day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-hc-zac-taylor-frustrated-refs-missed-call-on-cowboys-punt/ar-AA11YfsH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3923bab9b331494a8da759b0142ccf7b

If you ask me, coach Zac should be taking some personal responsibility for the ineptitude of the offense, rather than reaching for other places to lay the blame.

It's my opinion a great coach is the first to place blame upon himself so the players don't dwell on it longer than needed. 

It would be a really bad take imo even if the Bengals did not score, but since they did score its a real odd stance by Zac. 

They need to all accept blame and get to work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:23 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: You get the impression away from football that Taylor is a socks on lights off type of man and it spills in to his play calling.

This time last year he went for it on 4th down against the vikings and it almost bit him on the arse, yesterday we should have gone for it on 4th down and put us in with a shot to win it or at least drain the clock and give them no chance to win in normal time.

I’m sure he’s a lovely guy and it seems the locker room loves him but he’s a coward I’d sooner go down fighting then a death from a thousand cuts like the last 2 games have been.

He's been a bad playcaller at every stop...minus half of last season. And the offense lived off of big plays.
Reply/Quote
He's frustrated that his PR didn't get a chance to return the punt because the refs got a call wrong?

DAMN YOU ZAC!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's been a bad playcaller at every stop...minus half of last season. And the offense lived off of big plays.

He’s a coach who dare not lose rather than say **** it and go for the win and at an elite level that will only get you so far.

Andy Reid last season in the AFC championship game tried to kill us off and failed but he went for it and with that courage he has something Taylor never will have while he’s calling games like he’s scared.

A ring.

Zac needs to have a long look in the mirror and realise the weapons he has to win us games rather than not lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:49 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: He’s a coach who dare not lose rather than say **** it and go for the win and at an elite level that will only get you so far.

Andy Reid last season in the AFC championship game tried to kill us off and failed but he went for it and with that courage he has something Taylor never will have while he’s calling games like he’s scared.

A ring.

Zac needs to have a long look in the mirror and realise the weapons he has to win us games rather than not lose.

I could be wrong but I don’t think the problem is getting fixed this year.

He needs a true creative OC and new schemes and tree routes.

Heard today on opening drive that in his pro career Burrow has only 1 first quarter TD. ( so says Solomon Wilcox)

I think opposing D coordinators know Zack’s first 25 scripted plays.

Something is bad wrong with our o line coach. 15 sacks in two games. Wow!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Worse..

We on this board knew he'd be a problem. Why would Dallas not rush him constantly against this line....

“We game planned around their best player, but he didn’t play much and that threw us off.” Is that what he’s implying?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Seems I recall him taking the blame for the clock issue and the non challenge last week?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Seems I recall him taking the blame for the clock issue and the non challenge last week?

When he takes the blame "He's admitting he was out coached" 

When he doesn't take the blame "He's not taking responsibility"

When Zac succeeds it's because of the players

When the player fail it's because of Zac.

I started a thread about it early last year, when "Fire Zac" was in full swing after the Bears' loss. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This team is falling apart.And what happens when a team starts falling apart at the seams??? The blame game begins.And that’s a bad thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: To my eyes, it seems the team is playing not to lose.  They are fearful on each snap and not fearless.  They need to throw caution to the wind and just go ball out.

THIS X 1,000,000  !!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:03 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This team is falling apart.And what happens when a team starts falling apart at the seams??? The blame game begins.And that’s a bad thing.

A win against the Jets is a good tonic.

A loss...and things could get really bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When he takes the blame "He's admitting he was out coached" 

When he doesn't take the blame "He's not taking responsibility"

When Zac succeeds it's because of the players

When the player fail it's because of Zac.

I started a thread about it early last year, when "Fire Zac" was in full swing after the Bears' loss. 

I've noticed it too.....but damn, we ain't gotta lie on dude do we? I've heard him take blame many times, actually. Sunset's my dog, but I'm calling this a big nothing burger. There are plenty of warranted criticisms without this.

Reply/Quote
This thread is the height of ridiculousness. Taylor has taken the blame after every loss. He was not "Blaming" the refs for the loss, he was specifically asked about the punt hitting the scoreboard, which negated the chance for return. Everyone saw it but the referee. What was he supposed to say, he was happy about the call? Give it a rest..... enough to complain about without making stuff up.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 12:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've noticed it too.....but damn, we ain't gotta lie on dude do we? I've heard him take blame many times, actually. Sunset's my dog, but I'm calling this a big nothing burger. There are plenty of warranted criticisms without this.

(09-20-2022, 08:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This thread is the height of ridiculousness. Taylor has taken the blame after every loss. He was not "Blaming" the refs for the loss, he was specifically asked about the punt hitting the scoreboard, which negated the chance for return. Everyone saw it but the referee. What was he supposed to say, he was happy about the call? Give it a rest..... enough to complain about without making stuff up.

Then why, when I was scrolling through my news browser did I not see an article on "Taylor accepts full responsibility for Bengals sluggish start after high expectations to open the season"?  What did I see? The article I attached to the OP..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not defending Zac because he deserves some blame. That effected the time element of the game if we get the ball at the 25 or 30 that could have been 2 additional minutes on the clock time was extremely valuable at that time of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 08:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He was not "Blaming" the refs for the loss, he was specifically asked about the punt hitting the scoreboard, which negated the chance for a better fair catch.

Fixed it for you.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 09:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Then why, when I was scrolling through my news browser did I not see an article on "Taylor accepts full responsibility for Bengals sluggish start after high expectations to open the season"?  What did I see? The article I attached to the OP..

No, I get it, but if you read the presser summaries on the mothership, he took responsibility for his mistakes after the Stooler game fiasco. I've not read all of the presser transcript from last week, but this was an answer to a question he was asked. 

Reply/Quote
Lack Taylor, cannot believe we are stuck with this guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: No, I get it, but if you read the presser summaries on the mothership, he took responsibility for his mistakes after the Stooler game fiasco. I've not read all of the presser transcript from last week, but this was an answer to a question he was asked. 

They kind of loosely take blame and say they need to play better.

Reading between the lines, defenses are throwing different stuff at us than they expect and they can't adjust.

One difference is, when you make the SB teams gun for you. Last year...I doubt many teams viewed us as a threat and prepared for us as hard.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not himself for the incredibly predictable play calling but, The refs!  For missing a call on a Dallas punt in the 4th quarter, a punt that led to the only Bengals TD drive of the day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-hc-zac-taylor-frustrated-refs-missed-call-on-cowboys-punt/ar-AA11YfsH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3923bab9b331494a8da759b0142ccf7b

If you ask me, coach Zac should be taking some personal responsibility for the ineptitude of the offense, rather than reaching for other places to lay the blame.

So Zac was asked about what things went wrong with the offense and he complained about a mistake from the refs on a punt?! Rolleyes

Zac deserves criticism, to be sure, but can we not make shit up? Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote